General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I don't know much about guns tbh, but how is the gun in the first pic a hunting option? Unless you're hunting tanks? :lol:

I get the interest anyway, and it's worth understanding given where you are.

Ok, I should say "mostly" hunting focused.

That fucking 50 cal was a monster! it was huge!

All the pistols and a couple of AKs were available but in a locked room as they required a different sort of licence to all the shotguns and hunting rifles.

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

I wondered at the time you put pics up of it on here how long it would be till you sold it. PL's pimped up van. ;)

Not my decision... “We can do more with the money” is the message from the Dorset Taliban :glare:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: just join the lazy bastards. Obviously your place isn’t bothered.

He'd inevitably end up being the one they'd make an example of, and we'd never hear the end of it :lol:

I like my job but it’s my first week back and fucking hell it can do one.

We had the HSE on one our sites and everyone’s arse fell out, when I got there I knew the inspector and there was no issues but everyone was still going full retard

This is canny. I'm not the oldest on here by any stretch but mine would be Sept 1928!! :lol: The Wall street crash would be around the corner along with the rise Of the Nazis and a road to another world war but at least we were the current league champions. ;) (Fuck knows what noelies would be?! Probably the end of the Crimean war or the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?) :lol:

Mostly WWII stuff like D-Day etc.

but it's good to know the more things change, the more they stay the same. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stinney 

Police arrested 14-year-old George Stinney, a local African-American boy, as a suspect. They said that he confessed to the crime to them.[2][3] There was no written record of his confession apart from notes provided by an investigating deputy.[4]

No transcript was recorded of the brief trial. Stinney was convicted of first-degree murder of the two girls in less than 10 minutes by an all-white jury, during a one-day trial.[5] The court refused to hear his appeal. He was executed that year, still age 14, by electric chair.

In the decades since Stinney's conviction and execution, the question of his guilt, the validity of his reported confession, and the judicial process leading to his execution have been extensively criticized.[6]

A group of lawyers and activists investigated the Stinney case on behalf of his family. In 2013 the family petitioned for a new trial. On December 17, 2014, his conviction was posthumously vacated 70 years after his execution, because the circuit court judge ruled that he had not been given a fair trial; he had no effective defense representation and his Sixth Amendment rights had been violated.[7][8] The judgment noted that while Stinney may have committed the crime, the prosecution and trial were fundamentally flawed.[4] Judge Mullen ruled that his confession was likely coerced and thus inadmissible. She also found that the execution of a 14-year-old constituted "cruel and unusual punishment."[9]

Good old South Carolina.