General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Fuck you flybe...up at 0350 for the 0700 flight to Newcastle from Southampton....text at 0415 to say flights been cancelled :glare:

Mothers been in hospital for a month, and is quarantined this weekend anyway because there’s flu on her ward. Not coming back till Monday night so was hopeful of seeing her at some point. Was taking my sister,who has basically done everything for her and goes in twice a day to see her whilst also working full time, out for dinner to say thank you/ assuage my massive guilt complex. No flights available today so flying lunchtime tomorrow. Fuckin cunty bollocking fuck sticks. 

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuck you flybe...up at 0350 for the 0700 flight to Newcastle from Southampton....text at 0415 to say flights been cancelled :glare:

Mothers been in hospital for a month, and is quarantined this weekend anyway because there’s flu on her ward. Not coming back till Monday night so was hopeful of seeing her at some point. Was taking my sister,who has basically done everything for her and goes in twice a day to see her whilst also working full time, out for dinner to say thank you/ assuage my massive guilt complex. No flights available today so flying lunchtime tomorrow. Fuckin cunty bollocking fuck sticks. 

That’s shit. Used to use them all the time when I worked in Norn Iron and they seemed to be universally known as FlyMaybe 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Alex said:

That’s shit. Used to use them all the time when I worked in Norn Iron and they seemed to be universally known as FlyMaybe 

Still 2 hour delays @ Southampton due to fog first thing apparently, it’s happened to me twice before flying from there...

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 13:26, Alex said:

Newcastle upon Tyne for me

Aye, same for me.

19 hours ago, Renton said:

Is it fuck tuggy!

What the fuck's this nonsense? If it isn't 'tuggy' are you even from Newcastle? :lol:

(I'm probably an odd one out on 'Granny' rather than 'Nana' but at least I recognise that). 

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Was always ‘tuggy’. Did people play ‘relievo’ too? Like a sort of team hide and seek where you could rescue captured teammates 

Kicky the Can*, you mean ? 

:D

*those unfamiliar with the game will be shocked to learn how you rescued your captured team mates. 

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Kicky the Can*, you mean ? 

*those unfamiliar with the game will be shocked to learn how you rescued your captured team mates. 

Similar but different. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringolevio aka ‘Relievo’ vs https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick_the_can

Our version of Kicky the Can has two teams. 

The can had 5 sticks laid across the top, each team would roll/throw a tennis ball at the can to knock it over. 

Whichever team did this first would scatter and hide. 

The other had to stack the sticks back on the can, then find the other team. 

If a hiding team player managed to get to base and kick the can, all his captured team were freed. 

We’d play this for hours. 

• Like 1

On 16/02/2019 at 19:08, Howmanheyman said:

Aye, same for me.

What the fuck's this nonsense? If it isn't 'tuggy' are you even from Newcastle? :lol:

(I'm probably an odd one out on 'Granny' rather than 'Nana' but at least I recognise that). 

Tig or tiggy iirc (although I probably can't rc). Definitely not tuggy though. It's interesting like, these dialect things are specific to some very close communities. 

So where does everyone stand on this pregnant isis bird? My first reaction was she has refused to disown the isis ideology, she made her bed etc...but then Piers Morgan started ranting along the same lines so now I’m starting to think I maybe got it wrong.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

So where does everyone stand on this pregnant isis bird? My first reaction was she has refused to disown the isis ideology, she made her bed etc...but then Piers Morgan started ranting along the same lines so now I’m starting to think I maybe got it wrong.

Instinctively I went the same direction as you at first.

But then I read a good point by someone far more knowledgeable than me on the subject with actual experience working with people like this (an expert you might say) who argued that not allowing her to return at all fed the Isis narrative and could easily be used to drive further recruitment as well as aiding in a sort of doubling-down of anyone who is wavering in their devotion to the cause by demonstrating that the west will not accept a reconsideration or surrender if you have been tied to Isis in the past.

So I changed my mind.

I say we should just oblige our legal obligations, like  grown up country (are we still one?). If she turns up, arrest her if she's committed a crime. But don't spend a penny "rescuing" her. Basically fuck her. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

I don't disagree with the idea of prosecuting her etc. but I do think with a little more empathy applied to the case it could be a useful tool to disarm some of the anger inherent in the indoctrination/radicalisation of the people who are pulled into this life from the UK.

Cynically, we have been presented with an opportunity to pretend we care about the people on an individual level which could aid in the defeat of this particular enemy long term.

It is unsurprising that someone like Javid lacks the forethought to consult and actually think of the consequences of his actions when hes given the opportunity to pretend hes well 'ard.

She might well be reprehensible, she might hold those views still, but her kids did nothing wrong and now they're dead, this one shes just birthed is a british citizen stuck in a warzone and the effort should be made to bring him back to the UK and give him a proper chance at life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I think she wants to loosen up that burqa so we can settle the most important question: would she get it?

At least you wouldn’t need to worry about getting her pregnant- she’s not got a great record 

:outahere: