General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

The only place I've seen them sold here is B&M bargains. They're okay, probably equivalent to Golden Wonder and definitely better than the ubiquitous Walkers. My favourite crisps are Brannigans, but seem to be disappearing. The best crisp of all time though has to be Tudor pickled onion. Spring onion was great too. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Renton said:

The only place I've seen them sold here is B&M bargains. They're okay, probably equivalent to Golden Wonder and definitely better than the ubiquitous Walkers. My favourite crisps are Brannigans, but seem to be disappearing. The best crisp of all time though has to be Tudor pickled onion. Spring onion was great too. 

Tudor Pickled Onion wasn’t so much a crisp as a rite of passage for your mouth. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There was a brief period, about 3 years before they disappeared, I had a Macro card and bought them by the box (the ones in shops) for a fiver at the one in Washington. Doubt we'll ever see such halcyon days again. :(

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

@Renton, Brannigans Beef and Mustard were fucking nuclear when they first came out- cleared the sinus in one crisp. 

Have they toned them down? 

I don't think so, they fair scour the taste buds. I like them but prefer the ham and cheese and also the lamb and mint, the latter of which are canny unique. Brannigans are great for two reasons. The potato texture and quality is second to none. But somehow they have two tone flavours. You taste the beef, and its just bog standard beef. But then you get hit by the blast of mustard a second later. Masterful. :D

• Haha 1

Haven’t eaten a pot noodle since desperately poor student days.

Back to the crisp chat, brannigans were indeed a superior class of crisp. Shame they’re so hard to find these days. 

To the surprise of no one, I’m partial to the middle class twat crisp of choice - Tirrells. Particularly enjoying their new cheese and pickle ridged effort. And their cheese and chive are lush. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

As for bamp crisps, salt and vinegar squares are good for a hangover, washed down with a full fat coke

It's getting increasingly hard to get. I was at Las Iguanas last night and got a Cuba Libre, which they now make with coke zero. Absolutely rank, completely ruined the taste. I get moving to coke zero in fast food restaurants where people drink it by the bucket load, but in cocktails? Fuck off. 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd love to hear you order that. I bet you go into full Escobar mode. COOBA LEEBRAY.

Pretty much. You should hear me ordering mojitos. 

14 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I love tipping crisps into a pot noodle to make a crunchy throw-in. I'll be amazed if @Rentondoesn't do this.

This sounds terrible and I'm definitely going to try it.

• Haha 1