General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

George Osborne cut funding to the BBC when he was chancellor knowing full well that when the BBC had to stop free licences for the over 75s because of the this specific policy thre BBC would cop all the flack and the Tory's mates in the media would pile in and also annihilate the national broadcaster. 

17 minutes ago, Ant said:

I rarely rarely watch live tv these days, motd is about the only bbc show i watch and even then it's normally a download/recording on a Sunday morning.

You shouldn't be forced to have a license for a service from one supplier you can't opt out of just because they don't run advertising it's fucking stupid and should have been dealt with years ago.

My brothers the same. He reckons he doesn't pay the licence? :unsure:

I dont pay for one and haven't for about 8 years. They don't even come round to check anymore.

And for my part, I only watch Netflix so I'm not even ripping them off.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I dont pay for one and haven't for about 8 years. They don't even come round to check anymore.

And for my part, I only watch Netflix so I'm not even ripping them off.

You never listen to BBC radio or use their website? Fucking leech.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You never listen to BBC radio or use their website? Fucking leech.

Dunno what to tell you man but beyond clicking the occasional BBC link someone provides in here, no. Definitely don't listen to the radio.

I get my news from the Guardian and i listen to music rather than radio channels.

I play in the local power league. Our team is all late 30/early 40s. I don't mind playing the younger kids, because though they're always quicker and more skilful, they don't know how to lay 5 a side - they don't man mark, track back and would rather go on mazy runs, trying to score the perfect goal, which usually ends up in a loss of possession, than retain the ball. Last week was crushing though, we played against a team who had 20 years on all of us, but were also organised and well drilled. 

There are four divisions in the league and we usually end up going up and down between the second and third tiers, so can still hold our own, but are always promoted in second or third place.  We have never won silverware in the decade or so the team has been going. A few have said they'll retire when we finally win a league but i think death might come first tbh

Got an iPad Pro yesterday, been a while since I had a tablet at all, any killer apps beyond the obvious I should be getting?

Any good ones for handwriting notes that transposes them to type?

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

Five fucking days...

Typically, people take 3 days to do the Nose. 

I’d guess the extra time is due to her climbing the ropes directly more than on a usual ascent ( due to her height she’d struggle to reach many of the holds). 

Or maybe she’s just shit :D