General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Went to Arden House for my ESA Medical Assessment yesterday. Arrived 10 minutes before my appointment as requested on the letter. Only to be told there's be at least a 30 minute delay. The thing is if I'd turned up 30 minutes late they'd have told me I couldn't be seen. Had a home assessment  about 15 months ago for PIP (awarded high rate both components). Tried to get one for this but they were being arsey "You need a GP's letter etc. So I thought I'd just go. I got a trainee who had a DR watching over her. It was quite funny watching her try to be clever trying to type in Ischaemic Stroke & the Dr telling her it just comes under stroke. Also even though she all my medication in front of her, she didnt understand how many of each tablet I take. I now await the decision letter coming. She told me she rights her report & its passed to someone whose never ever seen me or examined me to make a decision its absolutely crazy. She asked if I'd like to ask questions or say anything at the end. I left her with this "I'd find it very strange if I get knocked back for this when I got the top rate for PIP it would mean one of you has got it wrong" 

Think yourself lucky there was a doctor in the room and you didn't get her next week when she was doing them on her own for the first time. I get the feeling that one of the major problems with these assessments is that they're carried out by badly trained people with very little medical knowledge and experience.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Think yourself lucky there was a doctor in the room and you didn't get her next week when she was doing them on her own for the first time. I get the feeling that one of the major problems with these assessments is that they're carried out by badly trained people with very little medical knowledge and experience.

The whole systems wrong someone who does a medical assessment writes a report & passes it on to someone else to see if you score 15 points to get ESA. I actually looked online how the points are scored for each question after my wife filled in the form/booklet a couple of months ago . First question Can you walk or stand unaided if you answer no its 15 points straight away (you need 15 points to qualify for ESA) & they still went through the whole thing. As an aside I checked on Google my overall score & it totalled 115  they must have thought I'd put any old rubbish on the form 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If I were them I'd have screamed FIRE! during the interview just to see how attached you were to your wheelchair.

The trainee said "she had a DR with her was that ok" I said "I wasnt bothered I had nothing to hide"

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

About three fucking time changes. I’m currently working off Beijing time thanks to your abandonment.

Brilliant 😆 Good to know I’ve been missed 😉 Maybe I should pin a list of dates up for the next couple of years to keep you all right. 

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Draw them on your boobs and you’ve got a deal. :lol:

Aaaaaand it’s like I’ve never been away...

Evening Gaz! 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Now then petal. 

I’ve got a nice purple marker if want to borrow it :lol:

Now you’re talking! :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol:

We need you about more Cat to keep us in check!

The place is definitely lacking a woman’s touch. I’ll be back with a few scatter cushions and houseplants later. 

• Haha 1