General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Spoty  is usually unmitigated crap (one of the lasses should’ve won it this year, DAS or KJT) but this is a clip from a doc about another of tonight’s winners. Very vaguely knew him 30 odd years ago, was the same then as he comes across now, despite his troubles....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Spoty  is usually unmitigated crap (one of the lasses should’ve won it this year, DAS or KJT) but this is a clip from a doc about another of tonight’s winners. Very vaguely knew him 30 odd years ago, was the same then as he comes across now, despite his troubles....

Saw him do a talk in with Stevie Black at Blue Flames a few years back. He was hilarious 

• Like 1

Anybody good with maths? Lets say I'm a bitter cunt and that i'm in the process of pointing out that the only 2 retained employees of a pool of 8 that have been made redundant are the only 2 employees that are friends with the boss on Facebook. I want to know what the probability of this happening would be if it was entirely random? 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Really? :lol: can you walk me through that?

Actually I'm making a slight correction.

1 in 8 chance of it being a specific individual, so 12.5% chance. Then there's a 1 in 7 chance of it being the next individual which is a 14.3% chance. 

Multiply the two to get the chance of it being those two individuals specifically. Which is 1.79%. 

I think that's right but I'm doubting myself and I'm just back in from the work Christmas do, so I wouldn't base a tribunal claim on it. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

1 in 8 chance of it being a specific individual, so 12.5% chance. Then there's a 1 in 7 chance of it being the next individual which is a 14.3% chance. 

Multiply the two to get the chance of it being those two individuals specifically. Which is 1.79%. 

I think that's right but I'm doubting myself and I'm just back in from the work Christmas do, so I wouldn't base a tribunal claim on it. :lol:

Just ask your more qualified female colleague after the roofies wear off.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Never heard of him. Speaking of the ailed, anyone heard from Stevie lately? I see his old twitter account got suspended 

He's still on there and well. Also keeping an eye on cheeky cunts on here who bring him up from time to time in a less than flattering manner. I told him to get back on but he won't. :lol:

80% of people from Fenham are boring ugly cunts and even they'll tell you he's the Geordiest Geordie that ever Geordied. 

(just in case you were missing him)

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I don't think that's right actually, because you've specified an order.  Doesn't matter who was picked first, does it? So I think you need to double the probability,  to 3.6% (using 2!). Statistically speaking, that's still unlikely to be by chance though.

Edited by Renton