General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

This lass sometimes appears on my my twatter feed, I had no idea who she is but it appears that she's a DJ. She appears because @PaddockLad follows her and I follow him. I presume PL follows her as she's a really good DJ and her patter's spot on? :lol:

:wank:

There’s definitely a couple of reasons why but I’m not sure it’s those 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

@Howmanheyman I'll tell you who cracks on to her regular like a sick puppy, the lad who does the 1980-1994 twitter account :lol:

:lol:

Aye I seen that. 

'you're a star. Thank you'. :lol: :lol:

Tbf, he comes across a canny kid but his cock's doing the talking in that tweet. ;)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Any else at work today & or tomorrow? Or is it just sad sacks like me? 🤔

I see @Dr Gloom  seems to be sat on his arse at home watching old films no doubt stuffing his face with quality street and a nice Waitrose cheese board :glare:

Went in this morning. Literally nowt to do. ‘Working’ from home this afternoon and tomorrow. Then off until Monday 

I'm working today and tomorrow, mainly because I'm rolling the holiday I'd otherwise have taken into the new year and fucking off to Lanzarote for a long weekend in late January instead. Seemed a reasonable tradeoff.

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Any else at work today & or tomorrow? Or is it just sad sacks like me? 🤔

I see @Dr Gloom  seems to be sat on his arse at home watching old films no doubt stuffing his face with quality street and a nice Waitrose cheese board :glare:

Off from the 18th, go back on the 6th. :good:

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

:huff:

In tomorrow. Back in 7am Thursday 🙄

Was in this morning, went to see the Snow Queen matinee at Northern Stage this afternoon. In tomorrow and back on the second, with no break in Lanzorote beckoning. Working this time of year is fucking shit, but I have to use half my a/l doing practical stuff. I wouldn't care but I get 33 days off plus bank holidays on top and it's never near enough. If we change to an American system (isn't it something like 10 days a year!?) I'd top myself. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Was in this morning, went to see the Snow Queen matinee at Northern Stage this afternoon. In tomorrow and back on the second, with no break in Lanzorote beckoning. Working this time of year is fucking shit, but I have to use half my a/l doing practical stuff. I wouldn't care but I get 33 days off plus bank holidays on top and it's never near enough. If we change to an American system (isn't it something like 10 days a year!?) I'd top myself. 

Yeah I knew someone who moved to the US and insisted on keeping 25 days and had to sign a secrecy clause as they get 10 - don't know how it worked in practice. 

There's been talk at our place of adopting a thing they've trialled in SA where you agree with your manager on how many holidays you have depending on satisfactory work with no supposed limit. 

Depressed as fuck. Apparently I'm 11 hours down in December. Never mind I have averaged 10 hours over every other month (and basically owed 3 fucking weeks work I can't claim because we don't do TOIL here), I may now have to use annual leave or even face a disciplinary. Happy fucking New Year!

I really should look for another job like.