General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I wouldn't care but I work on a contractual basis and last month I simply had no work to do. I come in and do fuck all for 8 hours, and go home. When I have a major project though it's not uncommon for ne to do 50 plus hours a week, and I dont complain. Having no work is considerably more stressful than having too much IME. 

Problem is my field is incredibly niche, very hard to get a similar job in the NE. Wish I'd done my first choice job as a kid, become a train driver!

44 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye I prefer to be busy and under a certain amount of pressure than doing fuck all.

That's a choice I very rarely have. After a long break I'm fucking dreading going back. I want to live a hunter gatherer lifestyle. Seems canny enough, chase an auroch for a bit, have some BBQ auroch for bait then chill the rest of the day. :good:

I’ve not turned in :blush:

Went to bed at 2030, still awake at 4am. Worst attack of the heebee geebees for a long time. Was supposed to be up at 6 for a 70 mile 2 hour drive for a site visit in Devon.  Got to stay awake till about 10ish tonight again, going to spend the afternoon trying to get rid of the mounds of recycling (bottles :lol: ) lying in the back yard...

Slacker. I've spent weeks trying to organise for new wardrobes, bannister, decorating and carpets. They've got to be done in the correct order. Finally got it sorted, after waiting in for  2 hours this morning the fucking wardrobe fitter called in sick. Its fucked everything up. <_<

Today can fuck off like, it's dragging worse than ever. 

Edited by Renton

Looks like my holidays have been fucked up too. I used my allocation but they've must've have gave me too much and have took the extra off this years. Depending on how shifts fall at Christmas I'm likely to have between 11 or 12 days Off between Feb and Dec 18th-ish. I'm feeling fucking suicidal now! Fucking bastards.

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Urgh. That's pretty shit.:(

Now would be a good time to win the lottery like.

I guessed they'd fucked up and was going to not use them but used most thinking they'd smell something fishy if I never used them all. I'm going to argue the toss when I get back and see what happens? I've nothing to lose.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Those vegan steak bakes are absolutely fantastic.

I could fancy one, never did have a vegan sausage roll. (Actually I did but it was Milligan's. It was canny, like). :good:

It tastes exactly like a steak bake but “cleaner” and I imagine it’s better for you.

They’d sold out in Byker but I ended up going past Washington services so got two there. 

You cant be a fat bastard if it’s plants :smoke-1:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I guessed they'd fucked up and was going to not use them but used most thinking they'd smell something fishy if I never used them all. I'm going to argue the toss when I get back and see what happens? I've nothing to lose.

Legally you have to have at least 28 holidays per holiday year so I’m not sure they can legally take them off you.

They may end up taking them out of your pay packet though...

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aldi do vegan pasties and sausage rolls now. Only had the latter but they’re canny nice 

Yeh I’ve had the sausage rolls and they were decent. Cheap too tbh

Will have to try the pasties :up: 

you still vegan, tom? 

i'm giving it another crack as part of my january detox. 

shame as i've got shitloads of lush cheese leftover from christmas sat in my fridge, which the kids won't appreciate half as much

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Legally you have to have at least 28 holidays per holiday year so I’m not sure they can legally take them off you.

They may end up taking them out of your pay packet though...

I should have the hours equivalent of 25 days plus 8 days in lieu for bank holidays so what I have now is still within the law. I'll still ask for my holidays back, mind. They've fucked up, not me.

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you still vegan, tom? 

i'm giving it another crack as part of my january detox. 

shame as i've got shitloads of lush cheese leftover from christmas sat in my fridge, which the kids won't appreciate half as much

Yeh for a year. I’ve had a couple of slip ups but my diet was 99.9% vegan so I’ll forgive myself. I’m only doing it for health reasons anyway, anything else is a bonus. 

It’s getting far easier tbh. Major corporations have realised there’s a lot of money in it so it’s quite convenient these days.

For cheese these I thoroughly recommend these guys, it’s dear but when you’re talking cheese that’s par for the course. And it’s lush!

https://www.tynechease.com/

Yeh it’s made a massive difference . Basically I have a kidney missing from birth & that manifested itself in an acute form of gout - allowing them to spot the problem! 

They said it wasn’t anything to do with my diet at the time but Im finding it hard to believe that after a year of veganism. 

Started the year hammering the gym too and by the end of it I was even playing football every week. Turns out my “dodgy” knee was caused by the kidney and it’s absolutely fine now. :first: