General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

The wife is doing a masters part time on top of work and kids and i seriously don’t have a clue how she can be fucked 

Whoever this fuckin' master is..find out who he is and chin the fucker

23 hours ago, strawb said:

Has it been worth it for either of you? I’m considering doing one next year but don’t know I can be arsed.. 

For some reason in my industry to get chartered now they're looking for an MSc.  I did mine a few years ago and basically fuck all changed.  I was already chartered and got my MSc instead of going for the other chartership :lol: 

23 hours ago, strawb said:

Has it been worth it for either of you? I’m considering doing one next year but don’t know I can be arsed.. 

Mine's vocational so it's a means to an end. Not sure i'd be doing it off my own back unless it was going to put me ahead of the competition when it came to promotions etc. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

For some reason in my industry to get chartered now they're looking for an MSc.  I did mine a few years ago and basically fuck all changed.  I was already chartered and got my MSc instead of going for the other chartership :lol: 

Yeah I’m in the process of becoming chartered, an MSc wouldn’t add anything to that but we still fancy it tbh 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2020 at 23:13, ewerk said:

It’s a waste of time.

Her work are paying her to do it and it is massively linked to her future career path, so I disagree.

I just couldn’t be fucked myself to come home from work, help with childcare then carry on working on studies into the evening. I need my downtime (aka lazy twat)

You need to be incentivised. That may be a genuine interest in the subject, or need it for advancement. I had the former, but had to do it anyway because without a qualified health economist my team would lose its tender and fold. But because of the way the NHS works with professional qualifications required over academic ones, I'm not getting any personal benefit in my current employment. Which rankles a lot, tbh. I'm indispensible yet unpromotable. So little opportunity in the NE though. 

21 hours ago, strawb said:

Yeah I’m in the process of becoming chartered, an MSc wouldn’t add anything to that but we still fancy it tbh 

It cant do any harm can it? If you can get work to pay for it or some of it and have the time. Do it. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Beeb having a mare again in the edit 

Just to make sure that I'm not just missing this because I'm uninitiated into the sport - the BBC have used footage of a different black basketball player instead of footage of Bryant? :lol: dear me..

Cummings' reforms can't come soon enough ;)

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Just to make sure that I'm not just missing this because I'm uninitiated into the sport - the BBC have used footage of a different black basketball player instead of footage of Bryant? :lol: dear me..

Cummings' reforms can't come soon enough ;)

Even I spotted that 

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Beeb having a mare again in the edit 

I almost did the same thing today in an edit for a news broadcast.

Thing is all the reuters and AP feeds included that shot of Le Bron as part of their feeds today for Kobe, so those of us who aren't big basketball fans and rushing to make a deadline could easily be mistaken.

8 minutes ago, sammynb said:

I almost did the same thing today in an edit for a news broadcast.

Thing is all the reuters and AP feeds included that shot of Le Bron as part of their feeds today for Kobe, so those of us who aren't big basketball fans and rushing to make a deadline could easily be mistaken.

yeah, i'm mot one of these conspiracy theorists or owt - i know full well how easily these mistakes are made - but the beeb are having a mare with the volume of this kind of thing after all their election fuck ups 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Why hasnt the beeb been reporting on the strikes in France?

Not reporting news like this, is as much as censorship

Fair statement if true.. but surely they have been? Have those strikes not been going on for weeks now?