General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: The most Twitter thing I’ve ever read. I genuinely think only mentally ill people use that with any regularity these days.

:hiya:

FWIW, never heard of 'karen' as anything other than someone's name. :lol:

Just stuck This Morning on there for a sec. Strictly head judge Shirley Ballas is on there saying "I have to say this is a different world for me, I'm normally out and about." :lol: 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Im fairly sure you’re not averaging 30/40 tweets a day and just firing out shite for the sake of it though.

RT if like Ayatollah's post. Like if you don't. Enough likes and I'll put a pic of myself watching Duty free. (It's all about me at the end of the day). :lol:

• Haha 2

What has amused me most about returning here after some while away, is there same fucking threads are still alive and kicking :icon_lol:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I’ve been sat in online meetings all week using Microsoft Teams, thinking “why the fuck have I been travelling all over the North East for meetings for the past 5 years”.

We had a division briefing by the head cheese this week (120 people on teams) where he said how well it was all going, everybody working from home that they were seriously thinking about making it integral post-crisis. 

He even said they were looking at disinvesting from commercial property as they think WFH will be the norm more and more. 

Does working from home not have it's own issues though? Obviously, running about for meetings is a pain in the arse but I can't imagine people answering customer service e-mails are going to be any less depressed being locked in the house all day than they would be at work. And then there's the social aspect of going to work, even if half the people you work are dipshits.

14 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Does working from home not have it's own issues though? Obviously, running about for meetings is a pain in the arse but I can't imagine people answering customer service e-mails are going to be any less depressed being locked in the house all day than they would be at work. And then there's the social aspect of going to work, even if half the people you work are dipshits.

I didn’t like it initially but every now and then I go for a nap. As I’m not driving I can have a drink on a night (there’s nowt else on)

Get to work with some tunes on and stuff, it’s probably helped my productivity.

9 hours ago, NJS said:

I agree the social aspect is a concern but on the other hand I gain 2.5 hours a day to spend doing things I like which is another pro. 

You’ll go blind 

• Haha 2