General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

This lockdown has got me signed up to two sites where you can play board games online against randoms (or your other half/people you know). :lol:

Proper decent ones, not monopoly or owt. Fuck me I'm a dweeb but I am loving it. 

• Haha 1

I ran a quiz on Saturday night on twitch. Which was actually really good! Can recommend it.

Running a quiz that is, not you lot watching me, I saw what happened to poor Callum earlier today.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This lockdown has got me signed up to two sites where you can play board games online against randoms (or your other half/people you know). :lol:

Proper decent ones, not monopoly or owt. Fuck me I'm a dweeb but I am loving it. 

What are the proper decent ones btw? I genuinely wouldn’t have a fucking clue

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

What are the proper decent ones btw? I genuinely wouldn’t have a fucking clue

If you sign up on Board Game Arena and Yucata.de there's loads on both sites. Yucata.de is entirely free, there's a small charge on BGA if you want to play their premium games (the vast, vast majority are free). 

Carcassonne

The Castles of Burgundy Card Game (has a really good solo play variant which is a good way to learn the game without making a cunt of yourself)

Jaipur

Carpe Diem

Carson City Card Game

Castles of Burgundy (not the card game) 

All of those are good. Easiest way to learn how to play is YouTube videos. There's loads of rules explainer on there. 

I've responded to this as if you were serious btw but am acutely aware you might be taking the piss. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gonna casually throw Magic the Gathering in there since it's the best devised cardgame ever made. Online now as well, free to play :cuppa: 

Glad you're enjoying yourself with a new hobby anyway Gem ;) 

• Like 1

Had no cards but......

Anyone who has a patch of grass and a couple of edging stones can introduce the younger generation to curby.

1 point for a rebound

2 for catching the rebound

3 for a one handed catch

Obviously even easier if you are lucky enough to have proper Kerbs outside your house.

98A707E9-9B1A-48F1-8B44-D1161C24985D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Had no cards but......

Anyone who has a patch of grass and a couple of edging stones can introduce the younger generation to curby.

1 point for a rebound

3 for a one handed catch

Obviously even easier if you are lucky enough to have proper Kerbs outside your house.

I make my kids stare at bricks. 
It’s free and it passes the time. 
Here, have a go, you’ll love it. 
mixed-rejects.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

been loving a 1,000 piece jigsaw this week, therapeutic the way it sucks you in.

Whoa and you had the nerve to take the piss out of Barry Board Game here?! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Had no cards but......

1 point for a rebound

3 for a one handed catch

Do you get bonus points if you're limp-wristed because of the nefarious influence of a nursery school teacher?

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

My mates dad does Wasgijs which, if I remember right, means the image on the box is mirrored to what you need to actually put together. Top that for sadness

Just spent the last hour trawling through the Internet for the “perfect” settings for my 6 year old TV, then applying them. :lol:

This is only one part of a multiple page settings guide.

5B3A1870-8946-4811-BA4E-C7520D813985.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just spent the last hour trawling through the Internet for the “perfect” settings for my 6 year old TV

Blimey, when I said the nursery teacher's influence was nefarious I didn't realise it was that bad.

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

My mates dad does Wasgijs which, if I remember right, means the image on the box is mirrored to what you need to actually put together. Top that for sadness

I actually know this :blush2: ( thanks Ma Fist). 
The puzzle you make is what the character in the picture provided would see. 
So, it’s a jigsaw without a picture to work from. 

Or something. 

38 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I actually know this :blush2: ( thanks Ma Fist). 
The puzzle you make is what the character in the picture provided would see. 
So, it’s a jigsaw without a picture to work from. 

Or something. 

Fuck. That. 

• Haha 1