General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

34 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

But now, you want one. 

On the shed? Well, aye.

13 minutes ago, strawb said:

Just realised I’ve never met you and you might be a weirdo. If one of the lads does fancy it, don’t be too strange I have to work with these people

I am a right fucking weirdo, but I can hold it together when meeting tradesmen. I'll ask 'em if they want a brew and fuck off and leave them to it.

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“Might be” :lol:

You can gargle on my sweaty balls.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Renton said:

My house (30s semi) didn't have much original features left anyway, seemed to be a spat of cultural vandalism in the 60s and 70s where everything was ripped out. The one remaining thing was this door, so I was more than a bit pissed off to find it was skipped. I'm just going to get it restored as best as I can but fuck me it's expensive. 

Aye, loads of lovely fireplaces were ripped out and replaced with absolute shite 

Edited by Alex

14 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye, loads of lovely fireplaces were ripped out and replaced with absolute shite 

Got an, antique I guess, oven in the kitchen. Proper heavy Cast Iron thing, they go for about a grand online, apparently. Mrs wants it out because it's just taking up space, but I imagine it'll be a right fuck on to get it removed and sold. 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Got an, antique I guess, oven in the kitchen. Proper heavy Cast Iron thing, they go for about a grand online, apparently. Mrs wants it out because it's just taking up space, but I imagine it'll be a right fuck on to get it removed and sold. 

Try and find a dealer to do it for you. When I was getting rid of my Aga I just emailed a load of dealers for their best price on the condition they handled the removal.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Try and find a dealer to do it for you. When I was getting rid of my Aga I just emailed a load of dealers for their best price on the condition they handled the removal.

Aye, that's what we've been advised. Would be easier if it was standalone but it essentially takes up the fireplace. I think the issue is that we'd be best off removing it at the same time as we replace the kitchen, which of course will be a massive job. Just the logistics of it all.

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If it’s in the fireplace, how is it taking up space? 

Because, if we take out the oven and that fireplace up to the ceiling we get a good amount of kitchen that's currently just empty. Room enough for a big fridge freezer. 

large.IMG_2989.jpg.af9a626aa0ea294d55f97

Plus it looks unclean.

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Because, if we take out the oven and that fireplace up to the ceiling we get a good amount of kitchen that's currently just empty. Room enough for a big fridge freezer. 

large.IMG_2989.jpg.af9a626aa0ea294d55f97

Plus it looks unclean.

That’s quite a range. 

Also, you can probably get £500-£1000 for that if you sell it. 

Also+1, give it a wipe, you throbber :lol:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s quite a range. 

Also, you can probably get £500-£1000 for that if you sell it. 

Also+1, give it a wipe, you throbber :lol:

That's after a good scrubbing. The dust must come down the chimney every time there's a stiff breeze.

Scrubbing, stiff. Lots for you to work with there.

• Haha 1

I was watching Bourdain on Netflix last night. First thing of his I've ever watched, and it was making me REALLY want to be able to go to restaurants again. 

Can we re-open restaurants but allow me to be able to continue working from home indefinitely please? 

16 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I was watching Bourdain on Netflix last night. First thing of his I've ever watched, and it was making me REALLY want to be able to go to restaurants again. 

Can we re-open restaurants but allow me to be able to continue working from home indefinitely please? 

Bourdain is God. Recommend his first book.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I was thinking about getting into his books. Really enjoying the snow. 

I think he’s great and it’s good that you’re getting into him but you don’t have to copy his lifestyle 

• Haha 1

I tried reading JK Rowling's thing that she's written but honestly I am so confused on this matter, I can't work out whether what she did in the first place was wrong, whether her defence is adequate, or whether a defence was even required. Genuinely my head is fucking spinning trying to work out who has a problem with who, and exactly what their problem is. 

The only thing about this whole issue that I can say with absolute certainty is that Owen Jones is a boring little pontificating prick. 

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I tried reading JK Rowling's thing that she's written but honestly I am so confused on this matter, I can't work out whether what she did in the first place was wrong, whether her defence is adequate, or whether a defence was even required. Genuinely my head is fucking spinning trying to work out who has a problem with who, and exactly what their problem is. 

The only thing about this whole issue that I can say with absolute certainty is that Owen Jones is a boring little pontificating prick. 

Same boat as you, I've tried to understand either side of the argument but soon gave up. 

If anyone can explain it, I'm happy to learn, but as it stands I think it's all handbags.