General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

3 hours ago, strawb said:

If you are going right up to the boundary at the side it might need a party wall surveyor depending on how next door is laid out.

Would definitely recommend a structural engineer since you will need a fair few steels.

There's currently a brick wall right up to the boundary that we're looking to extend to, which goes pretty much as far as we want to go as well. 

32 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

An architect wont have a clue about what's holding up the building.  Only whether mocha maker will fit in the corner of the kitchen

It does. Don't worry about that.

Mrs Fish wants an island, and black steel bifold doors going the width of the house, plus a range cooker and a big american style fridge freezer. Think she might have to lower her ambitions. She's already done it once.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Place I used to work had a lad like that.  He once called up and said his dog had tooth ache.  An admin lass said that was the last straw and emailed the main gaffer.  He said he would sort it.  He just emailed the lad asking him not to upset her :lol: 

There was a lad at work who went to see the manager halfway through the shift in tears saying he had to go home as he'd left the window open and his cat had fell through to his death, (he lived in a block of flats) and his lad was blaming him so he had to go home. It was a few years ago, he was gay lad, the only gay in the village factory, a nice lad but was a bit shy, fish out of water etc. The gaffer wouldn't have had a clue how to react to his tears/reaction so probably let him go asap just to get him out of his office. He'd have told us to fuck off. :lol:

38 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Mrs Fish wants an island, and black steel bifold doors going the width of the house, plus a range cooker and a big american style fridge freezer. Think she might have to lower her ambitions. She's already done it once.

You’ve got a girlfriend, we get it!

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I've got all that. Underwhelming. Boifolds have been open once. Island is full of kids' crap. Fuck off fridge freezer keeps things cold. Range cooks things. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I've got all that. Underwhelming. Boifolds have been open once. Island is full of kids' crap. Fuck off fridge freezer keeps things cold. Range cooks things. 

Can confirm the bifold doors bit only mine have been fully opened a bit more, maybe five times in three years. :lol:

43 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye it's not like they're going to open out onto Lake Como or owt. It's a toss up between money and earache.

I’m not sure if we have a snooker thread but Ronnie O’Sullivan looks like a Victorian dentist with those sideburns.

”Yes that one will have to come out, have some rum for the pain, pass me my ball peen hammer & chisel...” 

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2020 at 14:26, Renton said:

alright eeyore :lol:

Yesterday had some devastating news about a close family member. Feel like I'm losing it, finding it hard to process and cope. As you get older everything turns to shit doesn't it? We're all in the same boat and just have to get on with it, I know  Being hungover as fuck doesn't help but I needed to drink yesterday, now I have to face the consequences of that too. Never felt this low. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

sorry to hear that, renton. the eeyore joke couldn't have been more poorly timed. 

I know! It was a fair comment like, but I now am being forced into putting things into perspective. I've had it lucky so far.