General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

23 hours ago, Renton said:

I'm on my mini road trip  of Scotland right now, heading to the exciting metropolitan border city of Peebles.

I saw the consultant on Friday, had my fears confirmed. The next few weeks, months  for me are going to be about keeping my sister comfortable and as happy as possible. As of life wasn't hard enough, I just feel so sad.

One thing I will say is that covid has completely fucked up the NHS, particularly diagnostic and screening services. Anyone who need a routine screen or has developed symptoms, please get them checked out, you will have to be insistent. I don't think this would have saved my sister but it could have bought her more time and improved her quality of life. For other people, it could save their lives.

Once I'm back from Scotland I will make sure I get the colonoscopy I'm due. Fortunately I love getting tubes stuck up my arse anyway..... ;)

Really sorry to hear about your sister. 

On 23/08/2020 at 10:12, Renton said:

I'm on my mini road trip  of Scotland right now, heading to the exciting metropolitan border city of Peebles.

I saw the consultant on Friday, had my fears confirmed. The next few weeks, months  for me are going to be about keeping my sister comfortable and as happy as possible. As of life wasn't hard enough, I just feel so sad.

One thing I will say is that covid has completely fucked up the NHS, particularly diagnostic and screening services. Anyone who need a routine screen or has developed symptoms, please get them checked out, you will have to be insistent. I don't think this would have saved my sister but it could have bought her more time and improved her quality of life. For other people, it could save their lives.

Once I'm back from Scotland I will make sure I get the colonoscopy I'm due. Fortunately I love getting tubes stuck up my arse anyway..... ;)

Have only just seen this. Really sorry to hear about your sister, life really can be total bullshit at times. 

On 23/08/2020 at 10:22, Renton said:

Luxury spa hotel, one night (swimming pool is shut though). Genuinely looking forward to Oban on Monday, might do a detour to Glen Coe and Rannoch Moor if the weather is okay. Going to Mull and Tobermory too if space on the ferry. My kind of holiday, kids will hate it!

Plenty to do in Oban, cracking little town. 

On 23/08/2020 at 10:12, Renton said:

That’s shit news, mate. Sorry to hear that. 

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Fifty two today, fifty one has definitely been a cunt of a year so let's hope this one's better (that's it fucked isn't it?)

Happy birthday. Still considerably younger than me, so that’s something to be cheerful about

Fifty two today, fifty one has definitely been a cunt of a year so let's hope this one's better (that's it fucked isn't it?)

It hasn't been a good year that's for sure.

You're still alive, now stop complaining you young twat :D

happy birthday btw

34 for me (well in a few hours.) Happy birthday! Balancing the fact that 9/2 gave the world the two of us, it was also the day KK walked. Birthday firmly ruined that year I'm afraid. 

12 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

34 for me (well in a few hours.) Happy birthday! Balancing the fact that 9/2 gave the world the two of us, it was also the day KK walked. Birthday firmly ruined that year I'm afraid. 

Fucking hell ATP, let's look forward to the good times...

Happy Bday mate, something good has to happen eventually.

Edited by sammynb

12 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Aww schucks, you guys (that's for you HMHM), I'm off to the shed I feel so appreciated!!!

9 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Many happy returns to both you GUYS! :D

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

One for @Howmanheyman. Your favourite Gateshead lad has been at it again. Oysters on tynemouth beach with Michael Hesletine wot wot. 

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Fraser Nelson on Twitter: "Video of the young Michael Gove (left) looks  strikingly similar to the young Sebastian Payne (right).… "

Was about to call him the Geordie Gove but Gloomy beat me to it. :lol:

Strange, strange fucker. (That Payne must be a fruit lube too). 

• Haha 2