General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

My Dad died earlier today. 
As gutting as it is, my main emotion right now is one of relief that he’s not suffering anymore. 
He went downhill incredibly quickly- I put him to bed on Sunday night after sharing a curry with him, him sitting on the sofa, eating as normal, cracking jokes, and then…he didn’t get out of bed again. 
By Monday morning he was semi-conscious, his kidneys packed in, and his lungs were filling up. 
He was given drugs to try to combat the fluid in his lungs, and some painkillers, but other than that, nowt, as per his wishes. 

Bravest man I’ll ever know. 

The team of nurses and care workers who came in to help us were just fantastically dedicated, overwhelmingly caring, and an absolute credit to themselves and the NHS. 

I'm glad, if that's not a ridiculous word to use under the circumstances, that it was fairly quick as far as these things go. I imagine it's the way any of us would wish to go out. Raising a nightcap in his direction tonight (I won't tell him it's alcohol-free if you don't) :)

• Like 1

Condolences mate, thoughts are with you. Sounds like he passed away as peacefully as possible in the circumstances with people he loved and loved him. RIP.

I was with my sister this week as she was given news from the consultant  that she doesn't have long to live. I already knew but she didn't, it was horrible. I hope we can make her remaining time as best as possible and my parents can somehow get through it. I'm dreading the next few months tbh. 

• Like 1

That’s bloody awful Renton mate. 
I’d imagine a lot of the burden of arranging care etc will fall to you? 
Best advice I can give is don’t try to do everything, if you feel like you’ve got too much on your plate, ask for help. 
Tough times ahead mate, if I can help in any way, just ask. :good: