General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s bloody awful Renton mate. 
I’d imagine a lot of the burden of arranging care etc will fall to you? 
Best advice I can give is don’t try to do everything, if you feel like you’ve got too much on your plate, ask for help. 
Tough times ahead mate, if I can help in any way, just ask. :good: 

Cheers. Its all a bit surreal as she is still in okay physical health, on the surface. But the prognosis is very bad. She has a personal point of contact nurse and ive asked to be signposted to every agency that can help, McMillan etc. Its complicated because she has had severe mental health issues all her life.  She's caused me so much sorrow in her life as its just been tragic but I've never known a kinder person. She has faith, which also helps.

Hope the next few days are smooth for you. Bit of a shitter being in this pandemic., give him the best send off you can. 

• Like 1

One of the changes in my Dad a few days  before he lost consciousness was a personality shift - my old man has always been an absolute gent, I’d never heard him swear more than the odd “bloody”, usually when the Tories pissed him off, and he was as polite as they come, to all and sundry. 
Anyway, he’d come back in to contact with some old school friends, one of which was an old girlfriend who’d left him when he did his National  Service in 1953, and ended up marrying one of his former school friends- she’s been widowed for some years. 
He decided to ring her, was having a fairly normal chat, then asked her, out of the blue, who was the best in bed- him or the old mate, her now-dead husband. :o
When she answered “ both equally good” I think he took it as a come-on, and wanted to be taken over to hers so he could “visit” her.…
…85, on his last legs, and wanting a booty call. :lol:

Fucking superstar. 

• Haha 6

Condolences Fist, sounds like Fist Snr was good one, take solace that he's no longer suffering.

And Renton sorry to hear about your sister's diagnosis, good luck with everything and as MF said don't be scared to let others help when and where they can.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your dad is no longer with us, MF. I know it probably won’t feel that way but it’s for the best when it’s not long and drawn out. And I guess we know who you take after 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

My Dad died earlier today. 
As gutting as it is, my main emotion right now is one of relief that he’s not suffering anymore. 
He went downhill incredibly quickly- I put him to bed on Sunday night after sharing a curry with him, him sitting on the sofa, eating as normal, cracking jokes, and then…he didn’t get out of bed again. 
By Monday morning he was semi-conscious, his kidneys packed in, and his lungs were filling up. 
He was given drugs to try to combat the fluid in his lungs, and some painkillers, but other than that, nowt, as per his wishes. 

Bravest man I’ll ever know. 

The team of nurses and care workers who came in to help us were just fantastically dedicated, overwhelmingly caring, and an absolute credit to themselves and the NHS. 

Condolences mate. Your dad sounds like an absolute legend. RIP

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Renton said:

Condolences mate, thoughts are with you. Sounds like he passed away as peacefully as possible in the circumstances with people he loved and loved him. RIP.

I was with my sister this week as she was given news from the consultant  that she doesn't have long to live. I already knew but she didn't, it was horrible. I hope we can make her remaining time as best as possible and my parents can somehow get through it. I'm dreading the next few months tbh. 

So sorry to hear that Renton. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

As gutting as it is, my main emotion right now is one of relief that he’s not suffering anymore. 
He went downhill incredibly quickly- I put him to bed on Sunday night after sharing a curry with him, him sitting on the sofa, eating as normal, cracking jokes, and then…he didn’t get out of bed again. 
By Monday morning he was semi-conscious, his kidneys packed in, and his lungs were filling up. 
He was given drugs to try to combat the fluid in his lungs, and some painkillers, but other than that, nowt, as per his wishes. 

The team of nurses and care workers who came in to help us were just fantastically dedicated, overwhelmingly caring, and an absolute credit to themselves and the NHS. 

Condolences mate.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that MF. Fwiw, I can't think of a much better way to go out than to spend the evening before having a curry with my son.

Sorry also to Renton for the news of his sister too. I remember you mentioning the situation a while back. Difficult months ahead to be sure.

Condolences to you both.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Really sorry to hear that mate.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Anyone got any good recommendations for sports subscriptions that are not sky, BT and are cheaper, yet reliable? PM me biatches. :D

The one I use on Kodi is very good and very reliable. It's about 30 quid a quarter and you basically get every sporting event that's taking place on the planet. All the American sports you love. 

It's usually closed to new subscribers but I think I can invite people. Let me know if you're interested. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The one I use on Kodi is very good and very reliable. It's about 30 quid a quarter and you basically get every sporting event that's taking place on the planet. All the American sports you love. 

It's usually closed to new subscribers but I think I can invite people. Let me know if you're interested. 

I tried one Ayatollah sent me but it wouldn't work, (my fault, no doubt,) :lol: I've give up the ghost and got now tv on a (slight) offer. I used to have a decent paid site on Kodi a few years ago then he went to bitcoin only payment to which my reaction was obviously.....

whaaaat.gif

• Haha 2

On 19/09/2020 at 10:55, Monkeys Fist said:

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Best wishes to you and your family.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2020 at 23:55, Monkeys Fist said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Shit news :( 

• Like 1