General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

ITV News just now, man. The government are literally throwing away billions of pounds of taxpayers’ money and one of the main stories is about a couple who may have left pubs without paying for their food up to 3 times in east anglia :lol: 

• Jaysus... 1

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

ITV News just now, man. The government are literally throwing away billions of pounds of taxpayers’ money and one of the main stories is about a couple who may have left pubs without paying for their food up to 3 times in east anglia :lol: 

It’s the same principle they used to con people in to Brexit. 
rich-man-to-worker-careful-mate-that-for

Cunts. 
Every single one of them. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

I did that the other month, completely by accident. Taxi arrived and I just hopped in it as was outside smoking and forgot I hadn't paid. Worst part is people who'd dined with me refused to pay when confronted :lol: was going to go back and pay but never got round to it. Don't tell Durham Constabulary though, I'm in enough trouble already.

Years ago we went for a meal at Roast in London's Borough Market. Waitress brought the bill after 2 full Sunday lunches, with 3 courses and a couple of extra sides and a bottle of wine. Should have been about £150? Bill showed we'd only been charged for the sides and the wine, so about £50? No idea how they fucked it up, but I wasn't going to argue. Figured we'd only pay the full amount if we were challenged, then did that highly-suspect "we're not guilty at all" exit.

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Years ago we went for a meal at Roast in London's Borough Market. Waitress brought the bill after 2 full Sunday lunches, with 3 courses and a couple of extra sides and a bottle of wine. Should have been about £150? Bill showed we'd only been charged for the sides and the wine, so about £50? No idea how they fucked it up, but I wasn't going to argue. Figured we'd only pay the full amount if we were challenged, then did that highly-suspect "we're not guilty at all" exit.

That's a bit shitty tbh. 

Edited by Renton

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

That's a bit shitty tbh. 

How so?

The restaurant fucked up, the restaurant who feel perfectly comfortable charging nigh on a tenner for a sausage roll starter. We didn't lie, we didn't leg it, we gave them plenty of time to correct their mistake, but they didn't. That's on them. 

Food was delicious, tasted even sweeter at a 3rd of the price. :lol:

• Like 1

The only time I’ve ever walked out of somewhere without paying was La Tasca, the (non-English) tapas place that used to be behind Malmaison. We asked for the bill about 4 times. It never arrived so after about 20 minutes we just walked out the main door completely unchallenged. My lass even said ‘bye’ to our waitress on the way out :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

The only time I’ve ever walked out of somewhere without paying was La Tasca, the (non-English) tapas place that used to be behind Malmaison. We asked for the bill about 4 times. It never arrived so after about 20 minutes we just walked out the main door completely unchallenged. My lass even said ‘bye’ to our waitress on the way out :lol: 

'Hello? Hello? I'd that News at ten? Hi, I'd like to report a story for your show tonight......Yep, another non-payer of restaurant bills.......remoaner, you say?......oh definitely. Probably ordered quinoa and lentils, lol.'

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

The only time I’ve ever been there, we walked without paying either- we didn’t actually order anything, though,  because we waited half an hour after being seated and no one had even come to take a drinks order. 

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The only time I’ve ever been there, we walked without paying either- we didn’t actually order anything, though,  because we waited half an hour after being seated and no one had even come to take a drinks order. 

Same happened for us. Wouldn't happen in an English tapas cucina, let me tell you.

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

How so?

The restaurant fucked up, the restaurant who feel perfectly comfortable charging nigh on a tenner for a sausage roll starter. We didn't lie, we didn't leg it, we gave them plenty of time to correct their mistake, but they didn't. That's on them. 

Food was delicious, tasted even sweeter at a 3rd of the price. :lol:

Presumably you knew how expensive the place was and made the voluntary decision to eat there. And then you freely admit the food was delicious and are actually seemingly proud of underpaying.

I dunno, just think that's dishonest (lying by omission) and personally I would have asked for the bill I was supposed to get, especiallyfor a substantial amount. Let's hope some minimum wager or zero hourer didn't get shit for your dishonesty, because its quite likely someone did. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Presumably you knew how expensive the place was and made the voluntary decision to eat there. And then you freely admit the food was delicious and are actually seemingly proud of underpaying.

I dunno, just think that's dishonest (lying by omission) and personally I would have asked for the bill I was supposed to get, especiallyfor a substantial amount. Let's hope some minimum wager or zero hourer didn't get shit for your dishonesty, because its quite likely someone did. 

I paid precisely the amount I was charged. I didn't secretly steal extra food from someone else's plate, or wipe the memory of any waiter who served me. Hell, I even left a decent tip (not a huge tip, c'mon who do you think I am?).

I know, but I just think maybe you should look at it from the other person's perspective (waitress or whatever). We all make mistakes after all. 

I actually walked out a restaurant without paying for the first time ever this summer. Wife left with kids before me, I thought she had paid, but she hadn't. Went back to pay the next day but they'd written the bill off and they had no mechanism for me to pay then. Mind, this was scratter prices. 

I only once knowingly underpaid. It was my own fault that in my childish naivety I entered an Aberdeen Angus Steakhouse. After two attempts they still couldn't cook either of our steaks correctly so I took their pen and struck the charge for the steaks off the bill and left them the remainder.

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I paid precisely the amount I was charged. I didn't secretly steal extra food from someone else's plate, or wipe the memory of any waiter who served me. Hell, I even left a decent tip (not a huge tip, c'mon who do you think I am?).

You're a monster.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/mar/10/do-restaurants-really-make-staff-pay-when-customers-do-a-runner

It happened to me once, the bar/restaurant I was in had two separate tabs going for food & alcoholic drinks. So they’d basically chalked off about £50 worth of drinks. 

We used to go regularly so we came clean. Plus you know it’s always going to be the minimum wage worker that pays for it.

Also next time we went in we would have looked like dickheads.

19 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I only once knowingly underpaid. It was my own fault that in my childish naivety I entered an Aberdeen Angus Steakhouse. After two attempts they still couldn't cook either of our steaks correctly so I took their pen and struck the charge for the steaks off the bill and left them the remainder.

Confident enough to strike off part of a bill yet stupid enough to go to an Aberdeen Angus Steakhouse? Does not compute! 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Bet you're fun at parties Rentsy baby!