General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

27 minutes ago, Tom said:

Just not motivated :lol: 

Bang a few pics of her work on a few Reddit groups, and show her the response- they love stuff like this. 
Seeing positive reaction might make her realise she can actually make some coin from it? 

( It’s very good, btw. ) 

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Bang a few pics of her work on a few Reddit groups, and show her the response- they love stuff like this. 
Seeing positive reaction might make her realise she can actually make some coin from it? 

( It’s very good, btw. ) 

Yeh I’m gonna try and motivate her. 

She’s gonna do prints and commissions at least.

She works in a cafe and has a masters in fine art ffs. (There’s nothing wrong with working in a cafe but I think she could live off her art easily) 

Hi lads just a quick update about Master T we were allowed to visit him in the mental hospital at Ryhope yesterday it's the first time we've seen him in 6 days. He was allowed to go to the local Asda by himself yesterday morning for a few toiletries etc. We got there for one & we were able to take him for a run in the car. He fancied a KFC so we took him for one. Talking to him in the car it was apparent he was back to his normal self. He completed detox on Saturday & has been eating & sleeping well. It's been a massive eye opener for him I think, as he's seen some of the poor buggers in there. He's only 18 so he's the youngest there. Everything went well we said our goodbyes & told him if he needed anything to let us know & we could be there in roughly 30 minutes. I had a few tears as we said goodbye but he seemed in good spirits. Just as we were approaching Testos roundabout my phone rang it was Master T breaking his heart crying saying could me & Mrs T come & take him home. We said we'd come straight back but he said we wouldnt be able to see him as they'd put him in an assessment room & the on call DR coming was to see him. Within about half an hour Master T rang to say on call doctor had been to see him & asked him to wait until tomorrow (today) for the Dr's to arrange a support plan & sort his medication out to allow him to come home. So basically we're waiting on a phone call. I'm sorry for deleting my initial post last Monday I was just so upset I needed to try & tell someone what had happened. Then when I read it back I thought you know what everyones got enough of there own shit going on. So I deleted it. I hope everyone is ok I'm just trying to stay positive. 

• Like 11

That's good news Trooper, sounds like he's getting good help and understands his illness now. The medication and ongoing treatment will hopefully sort him out and he'll be back to his old self again in the near future.

• Like 1

If it helps to write it out then you do it mate. We're all here to support as best we can, you neednt delete anything. 

I missed the original post but I'm very glad that this seems to be better news. 

• Like 2

Troops, mate. If you or anyone else feels like sharing something on here - please fucking do it! Don’t suffer in silence, especially at present 

• Like 1

Both me & Mrs T have admitted to each other we took our eye off the ball regarding Master T. As he's so switched on kind, caring just a nice 18 year old lad. But I think yesterday hit home to him how much he really means to us. 6 days ago as I held his hand waiting for the taxi to take him to hospital. He was so cold & distant he wasnt our son. Yesterday was so much different we were able to laugh & joke & it felt like it used to be. He's got his sense of humour back. I'm sure we're going to be ok. 

32 minutes ago, trooper said:

Both me & Mrs T have admitted to each other we took our eye off the ball regarding Master T. As he's so switched on kind, caring just a nice 18 year old lad. But I think yesterday hit home to him how much he really means to us. 6 days ago as I held his hand waiting for the taxi to take him to hospital. He was so cold & distant he wasnt our son. Yesterday was so much different we were able to laugh & joke & it felt like it used to be. He's got his sense of humour back. I'm sure we're going to be ok. 

That sounds positive mate. As others have said, if it helps, then please don’t hesitate to share your problems. These are shit times so we’re all looking out for each other.

Obviously, once Covid is over, we’ll all go back to being snidey fuckers!

• Like 1

Echo what other have said, talking always helps. Even if it's just to strangers on a message board. Even if you type it all out and throw it into the void. 

I've dealt with anxiety and depression* for 20yrs and through everything, the one thing that's helped most, (more than breathing exercises, good diet, getting outside, etc. ) is talking. I've been really struggling during the lockdown, but talking about what I'm feeling, admitting the frankly terrifying thoughts that I've endured, is the thing that helps the most. 

*and during my latest assessment signs of OCD, which was novel.

• Like 6

Hang in there Fish mate. 
I know you don’t post as often as you used to, but we’ll always treat you with utter disregard for your feelings and will never sign up for you and the guys’ podcast. 
Hope this helps. ;)

Had a wobble myself around August/September but much improved now, which is unusual as winter is normally my downfall  re.mental healthwise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

i never really suffered with mental health issues before covid but i have struggled with anxiety and depression in the past year too, which when viewed rationally is ridiculous because i know i'm more fortunate than most.

but i don't care if you're the most care-free, happy-go-lucky type out there - this is just a fucking shit situation for everyone. it is good to talk.

Edited by Dr Gloom

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Hang in there Fish mate. 
I know you don’t post as often as you used to, but we’ll always treat you with utter disregard for you feelings and will never sign up for you and the guys’ podcast. 
Hope this helps. ;)

Had a wobble myself around August/September but much improved now, which is unusual as winter is normally my downfall  re.mental healthwise. 

It's good to have support like this. Genuinely, having the podcast is a massive help. Not only talking to my mates with a couple of cans, but also the catharsis of slating Bruce and his shit football.

The little lad is a big help as well, don't have the luxury of sacking off my responsibilities when he's around. His shitty arse needs wiping whether I'm feeling sad or not.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's good to have support like this. Genuinely, having the podcast is a massive help. Not only talking to my mates with a couple of cans, but also the catharsis of slating Bruce and his shit football.

The little lad is a big help as well, don't have the luxury of sacking off my responsibilities when he's around. His shitty arse needs wiping whether I'm feeling sad or not.

Really enjoy your podcast btw.

18 minutes ago, OTF said:

Really enjoy your podcast btw.

I'm so conditioned by this place to interpret everything a certain way, I'm fully expecting the other shoe to drop any second.

• Haha 4