Radiohead

Shed Seven

Pearl Jam

Avalanches

Salt n Pepper

Cream

Monkees

One Direction

Avalances - I had Rolling Stones for that one. Can I get a judges ruling?

Edited by Dr Gloom

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Avalances - I had Rolling Stones for that one. Can I get a judges ruling?

More likely to be the Stones as it seems to be better known bands.

Is the sky green because it's a Green Day?

53 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

No, it’s green because you’re colourblind and it’s actually blue to the rest of us. 

Serioulsy. 

I was distracted by scrolller so I have a valid excuse!

And it’s more aqua - hello barbie let’s go party.

• Haha 1

On 04/02/2021 at 12:35, Howmanheyman said:

'Now we're all getting used to working from home'

Pre-covid:

'how do you do.....[whatever].....in the office?'

There's loads of these types of examples on the radio/television as well as the above summer house stuff. The BBC basically thinks that their news audience all comes from a certain part of the population, a certain part of the population that amazingly reflects themselves and the people they mix with. Vast majority of people I know or work with don't work from home or in an office but you wouldn't know it from the BBC's slant on the British workforce. It's not a big deal in the scheme of things but I do sometimes think, 'Who are you talking to here?' because most times it isn't me they're referring to nor most of the people I know. They have no real knowledge of the rest of the workforce, no real idea and their ignorance comes across quite regularly in this subject. Now put this in context when any dispute between a company and their employees happens and it sticks out a mile even in the way where sometimes they don't even know the correct questions to ask or how to approach the subject. Anyway, going slightly off topic but I'm basically calling them middle class, office based wet farts who haven't a fucking clue. ;)

If you want to get really angry then Nadhim Zahawi has just claimed on Marr that no one is currently commuting to work.

43 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If you want to get really angry then Nadhim Zahawi has just claimed on Marr that no one is currently commuting to work.

They just wing it or brazenly lie so much to make it hard to keep up.

Has anybody here ever done a long distance commute, I'm talking Newcastle to Manchester? I know Alex did Newcastle Belfast for a long while, staying over in Norn Ireland digs over the week. I'm thinking of getting the early train in on Monday morning, staying in a travel lodge Monday and possibly Tuesday night, then heading back on the evening of Tuesday and Wednesday. Working at home the remainer, gradually reducing the amount of time in office. Does this sound feasible?

Sick of wasting my life in my current job but my industry is massively concentrated in London and the NW. Covid has opened up the possibility of home working which could massively help me. 

• Like 1

I spent about three years going from here to England Mon-Thursday/Friday. It was alright for a while but it’s does get tiring, I definitely couldn’t do it now with kids. The best part of it was getting to go out after work most nights with the others who were over, it would have been a lonely existence otherwise. 

Two nights a week is doable but the early morning starts on a Monday and late arrival home later in the week will grate on you after a while.

• Like 1

Before COVID I was doing 3 days / 2 nights in London every other week. I did enjoy it but I had a colleague in the same boat so we stayed at the same hotel and went out for a drink / bite to eat most nights. There were a few people in the office who were usually up for the odd pint too. But even then living in a hotel / out of a suitcase gets on your tits after a while and it wasn’t even every other week. It’s doable but the cons are getting a bit lonely/homesick from time to time and the travel being a pain in the arse, especially coming home after a long day and not getting back into the house until 10pm. On balance it was worth it from my point of view though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

, I definitely couldn’t do it now with kids.

See, that's part of my motive for doing it. ;)

I reckon I could get it down to one night a week within a couple of months, plus I love trains. Whats not to like?

• Like 1