General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

My anxiety levels are off the chart at the moment. I'm constantly worried about everything in my life. Work, relationship, kids, finances, mortality. It's incredibly shit and I just can't see it getting better any time soon.

Theres my cheery contribution. 👍

I take prozac.

Aye, it's shite. Getting out to run/walk is the nearest thing I've got to a workable reset button, but not having left the immediate neighbourhood since mid-October means I'm desperately short on variety. Feels like I know every bump in every pavement by now. Funnily enough, discovering the local cemeteries has been one bonus, even if they're not the most obvious place to hang out during a global pandemic. :lol: Channel that inner goth!

It's worth saying that I've also had a few wobbles drink-wise during the various lockdowns, which those of you who know me can imagine I'm not thrilled about. While it's never gone any further than that and I don't feel at any real risk of reverting to old habits, I took the most recent occasion as a prompt to start dropping in on a weekly meeting with the same mutual aid group that worked really well for me when I first kicked the drink back in the day (not AA, I don't believe in powerlessness), and that's already helped a lot - which I think is a lesson for all of us at the minute to be honest. Like Bob Hoskins said, it's good to tawk, even if it's just to realise that tons of people are in the same boat and it's okay to be feeling shit about it all. Fortunately my job doesn't revolve around Zoom meetings, mind, or I'm not sure I could face another one outside of work hours. :lol:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Aye, it's shite. Getting out to run/walk is the nearest thing I've got to a workable reset button, but not having left the immediate neighbourhood since mid-October means I'm desperately short on variety. Feels like I know every bump in every pavement by now. Funnily enough, discovering the local cemeteries has been one bonus, even if they're not the most obvious place to hang out during a global pandemic. :lol: Channel that inner goth!

It's worth saying that I've also had a few wobbles drink-wise during the various lockdowns, which those of you who know me can imagine I'm not thrilled about. While it's never gone any further than that and I don't feel at any real risk of reverting to old habits, I took the most recent occasion as a prompt to start dropping in on a weekly meeting with the same mutual aid group that worked really well for me when I first kicked the drink back in the day (not AA, I don't believe in powerlessness), and that's already helped a lot - which I think is a lesson for all of us at the minute to be honest. Like Bob Hoskins said, it's good to tawk, even if it's just to realise that tons of people are in the same boat and it's okay to be feeling shit about it all. Fortunately my job doesn't revolve around Zoom meetings, mind, or I'm not sure I could face another one outside of work hours. :lol:

I've stopped drinking, it's helped in that I don't get the feeling of acute anxiety I had the morning after, but nothing else. A planned drink I had last weekend confirmed I'm better off not drinking, but that alone isn't a solution. A pharmacological cure might help like KCG says. Always been reluctant to take that route though, I don't always practice what I preach.

I can handle most things wrong in my life ar the moment, just about. I literally hate my boss and work, worried about my sister and parents, the kids suffering like most other kids are at the moment. But only with the support of my partner. When things go wrong there too what do you do? You're stuck physically and mentally in a bad place, which makes everything else worse. And you can't escape, ever, not even to have a pint with a mate. Can't even zoom really as there's no privacy. I just have to keep going I guess, hope things get better.

• Like 4

Rents, not being a smart arse but man maybe have a spliff occasionally. It’s less damaging than the drink & might help with any pain your auto immune might give you. With everything going on in the world and all the extra with your personal life you need to not be as hard on yourself, easier said than done I know, but fuck, mate there is only so much we can control, we’re really all just along for the ride.

Thing will improve, make sure you’re strong enough once we get out the other side.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Rents, not being a smart arse but man maybe have a spliff occasionally. It’s less damaging than the drink & might help with any pain your auto immune might give you. With everything going on in the world and all the extra with your personal life you need to not be as hard on yourself, easier said than done I know, but fuck, mate there is only so much we can control, we’re really all just along for the ride.

Thing will improve, make sure you’re strong enough once we get out the other side.

May help my nerves but deffo not my relationship!

Also haven't smoked in 20 years and would have no idea how to score. Although I may have Alex's number somewhere. ;)

Naah, the only way I'm going to navigate through this shit is with a clear head and by taking positive action. For instance got a few possible new jobs lined already for the work situation. Catch there is I would need to work from home! 

It’s a bleak as fuck like, shite not seeing your friends and if I see my family it’s more often than not from a distance or in the capacity of a carer.

Im hoping for some lighter nights soon and as I’m missing the gym I think I’m actually going to try running again, which will be tragic for a while.

At the moment I’m drinking too much as well, not strong stuff. (Guinness mainly) but nearly every night. 

Ive done a lot more cooking like and that helps but I’m pining for a drink in a pub or a trip to the lakes with a friend.

(See below for awesome cheese & bacon wraps [VG]) 😎

12396F1D-271D-44B6-A292-757ADDEEE874.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Also haven't smoked in 20 years and would have no idea how to score. Although I may have Alex's number somewhere. ;)

Naah, the only way I'm going to navigate through this shit is with a clear head and by taking positive action. For instance got a few possible new jobs lined already for the work situation. Catch there is I would need to work from home! 

A £20,000 shed is all you need. :good: 

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ive done a lot more cooking like and that helps but I’m pining for a drink in a pub or a trip to the lakes with a friend.

a0VqNu.jpg

But aye, as soon as we're allowed to travel for exercise again I'm straight off to the nearest hills or the coast, even if it has to be Southend or frigging Margate. :lol: Anything for a change of scene.

• Haha 1

Yeh I can’t wait to go to the coast. In other lockdowns I did & didn’t see anything wrong with it but apparently in this lockdown you’re only allowed 5 miles. 

It’s rank :lol: 

(btw or you go to Margate, watch out for that libertines hotel, the balconies are well dodgy)

It’s a fucking shit show, no two ways about it. Not feeling too battered as I’m doing my very best to look ahead to the summer with the vague hope that the warm weather will change things for the better but that’s eradicating with talk of a million variants and fuck knows what else. I’ve been cooking more which has helped but even the routine of spending time with our lass has vast swathes of browsing through Netflix aimlessly and just generally both trying to cheer the other up. I’m not sure it’ll destroy the relationship but fuck me, it’s a bizarre time to be in a relatively new one.

I’ve definitely drank and ate too much though and I’m sure that’s not helping. Made a decision to not drink until the pubs open which will be helped by my entering a state of nothingness whenever Newcastle play, they’re not even driving me to drink anymore.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

4 hours ago, Tom said:

It’s a bleak as fuck like, shite not seeing your friends and if I see my family it’s more often than not from a distance or in the capacity of a carer.

Im hoping for some lighter nights soon and as I’m missing the gym I think I’m actually going to try running again, which will be tragic for a while.

At the moment I’m drinking too much as well, not strong stuff. (Guinness mainly) but nearly every night. 

(See below for awesome cheese & bacon wraps [VG]) 😎

12396F1D-271D-44B6-A292-757ADDEEE874.jpeg

:lol:

They look like mummified anchovies. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Yeh I can’t wait to go to the coast. In other lockdowns I did & didn’t see anything wrong with it but apparently in this lockdown you’re only allowed 5 miles. 

(btw or you go to Margate, watch out for that libertines hotel, the balconies are well dodgy)

Get yourself to the coast man. It'll help your napper AND it really gets on Renton's tits, so it's best of both worlds. 

I'm driving to fucking Lancashire to pick up a puppy on Saturday and anyone who thinks I'm not can S my Bs. 

• Haha 1

BTW only messing about Renton. I hope everyone on here is alright. I'm at the end of my tether with this shit now, and my lass is clearly struggling with it as well. Either that or it's me she's fucked off with, and I'm about to rack up divorce number 2. :lol:

Baggsy I'm keeping the puppy and the cats. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

The coast is too far :lol:

Or I could go but I wouldn’t be able to take photos for the gram so it would Be pretty pointless

:lol:
Just filter the fuck out of them then claim they’re shopped if anyone griefs you. 

6 hours ago, Renton said:

I’ve given up smoking joints, mate. Although I can thoroughly recommend the Nebula One vape. 

5 hours ago, Tom said:

I wouldn’t fucking worry about getting caught. I’m out at various times of the day walking the dogs and I’ve seen about one police car since Boxing Day and not a single bobby on the beat. 

49 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ve given up smoking joints, mate. Although I can thoroughly recommend the Nebula One vape. 

I make chocolate. Definitely helps in modest, regular doses. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I wouldn’t fucking worry about getting caught. I’m out at various times of the day walking the dogs and I’ve seen about one police car since Boxing Day and not a single bobby on the beat. 

Yeh tbh I’m not worried about getting caught really but I’d rather stick to the rules. 

Till 3 weeks on Sunday and the vaccine kicks in. Then I’m breaking into a pub.