General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

10 hours ago, Renton said:

Markel hardly even looks black to me like. Genuinely wouldn't have known she was a person of colour if it wasn't for the media.

Not sure you are allowed to have those views anymore.

The consensus in the office here in Auckland is that nobody gives a toss about Harry and Megan. Most people said they weren’t going to bother watching the interview.

The most interesting comment was from a twenty something kiwi who opined that the marriage isn't going to last. When I asked her why, she said “he looks miserably pussy whipped and she looks like a spoiled bitch”.

So there you have it. At this rate it wont be long before NZ is a republic, which is nice.

Because he's a gutter tabloid journalist who appeals to lots of cunts in the country and ITV will put up with his histrionic bullshit as long as it's pulling in ratings and advertisers.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

It blows my mind that Elizabeth II is head of state of Australia, New Zealand, Canada and half of the Caribbean. Have some self respect and get her to fuck. It annoys me that we still have her as head of state but at least she lives here.

The way everyone on tv etc commenting on the general furore feels like they need to caveat everything with how much they love and respect the royal family sums up this country in so many ways. She’s much more of a figurehead is those countries I think whereas she’s integral to the constitution and all the forelock tugging shite that comes with that here 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

It blows my mind that Elizabeth II is head of state of Australia, New Zealand, Canada and half of the Caribbean. Have some self respect and get her to fuck. It annoys me that we still have her as head of state but at least she lives here.

I was working with a couple of Aussies when they had the referendum and they reckoned the problem was the proposed alternatives were poor so you have to get that right. 

One of the stupidest standard responses to arguments I've seen loads of times is when you suggest getting rid of the monarchy and the reply is "So you'd be happy to see President Thatcher or President Blair would you?" - completely missing the point that elected ceremonial heads of state like Ireland's or Germany's have no power and just usually get on with it quietly without the forelock tugging deference the present fuckers get. 

• Like 2

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/harry-and-meghan-the-union-of-two-great-houses-the-windsors-and-the-celebrities-is-complete-1.4504502

"Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown." :lol: 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Because he's a gutter tabloid journalist who appeals to lots of cunts in the country and ITV will put up with his histrionic bullshit as long as it's pulling in ratings and advertisers.

Totally this but that showing this morning along with pulling that woman up about her dress is grim even by his standards.

10 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/harry-and-meghan-the-union-of-two-great-houses-the-windsors-and-the-celebrities-is-complete-1.4504502

"Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown." :lol: 

I preferred the second paragraph :lol: 

2D97BE29-A1E7-42B1-BFF9-6E8F171D5A3F.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

Definitely not staged by ITV after the criticism of his behaviour, no siree.

Unlikely as he's left the show now.  I suspect he was told to apologise and refused. He pulled in the numbers for ITV so a costly publicity stunt if so 

8 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I completely agree.  Personally I would vote for a republic without hesitation both here and there - abolish the aristocracy while you’re at it.

From what I can tell, older kiwis are more royalist than younger kiwis who are largely  either apathetic or anti. The lack of movement to a republic is more a dearth of imagination rather than fondness for the monarchy - people dont see a compelling alternative atm (it was the same issue with replacing our awful flag).

I don’t think there’s any momentum for a republic here although there have been mutterings, but that will likely change when Betty goes and the big eared dolt takes over. What a clown he is. However the catalyst will be when Australia votes to become a republic, where there is more passion for a change.....I can’t help but feel that will prompt a debate and maybe a referendum.

6 minutes ago, Kitman said:

I completely agree.  Personally I would vote for a republic without hesitation both here and there - abolish the aristocracy while you’re at it.

From what I can tell, older kiwis are more royalist than younger kiwis who are largely  either apathetic or anti. The lack of movement to a republic is more a dearth of imagination rather than fondness for the monarchy - people dont see a compelling alternative atm (it was the same issue with replacing our awful flag).

I don’t think there’s any momentum for a republic here although there have been mutterings, but that will likely change when Betty goes and the big eared dolt takes over. What a clown he is. However the catalyst will be when Australia votes to become a republic, where there is more passion for a change.....I can’t help but feel that will prompt a debate and maybe a referendum.

i do like getting the queens birthday public hol though, she’s done more for me in NZ than she ever did in the UK by that measure.

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

i do like getting the queens birthday public hol though, she’s done more for me in NZ than she ever did in the UK by that measure.

Haha true! I think they get more public holidays in the UK over all though - the lazy stoats

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Haha true! I think they get more public holidays in the UK over all though - the lazy stoats

They don't! They have 8 I think to our 11 :D