General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

A return of the Countryside Alliance would be good - the sight of a Tim nice-but-dim in a barber jacket and tweed cap being truncheoned when they protested the fox hunt ban was fucking delightful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who with, Prince Phillip?

That would be like a  battle of the walking dead with those two!

Yes I realise we are talking different rounds!

Edited by sammynb

3 hours ago, Alex said:

The Pogues were plastic paddies making (mostly) shite music tbh 

You fail to realise the significance of immigrant/diaspora communities keeping the traditional music of their homelands alive. If you want to hear traditional 18tj/19th century  English fiddle music being played you'll need to go to  Appalachia :cuppa:

The Pogues in their heyday were an utterly magnificent band :huff:

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Let's resolve this with duelling banjos. 

More likely a lute and tin whistle!

And the Pogues were only decent when Joe Strummer sung for them for that 10 minutes or so.

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

More likely a lute and tin whistle!

And the Pogues were only decent when Joe Strummer sung for them for that 10 minutes or so.

I saw that tour, early 1992 in Edinburgh. And you're wrong. Not that Strummer wasn't very decent . But you're still wrong.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I saw that tour, early 1992 in Edinburgh. And you're wrong. Not that Strummer wasn't very decent . But you're still wrong.

Strummer's voice was funny, perfectly built for the Clash songs but anything where he had to actually hold a tune he didn't have much.

Saw him here in Sydney about six months before he died when he toured his solo stuff with the Mescalairos.

Steve Kilbey of the Church is the same can sing his own stuff but can't hold a tune for toffee and always wants to be part of those tribute shows!!!

@PaddockLad Next you're going to tell me New Model Army were terrible live, aren't you or did not having a lute stop you from seeing them :icon_lol:

2 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Strummer's voice was funny, perfectly built for the Clash songs but anything where he had to actually hold a tune he didn't have much.

Saw him here in Sydney about six months before he died when he toured his solo stuff with the Mescalairos.

Steve Kilbey of the Church is the same can sing his own stuff but can't hold a tune for toffee and always wants to be part of those tribute shows!!!

@PaddockLad Next you're going to tell me New Model Army were terrible live, aren't you or did not having a lute stop you from seeing them :icon_lol:

NMA=greebo bollock merchants. Heard one of their songs. Once. 37 years ago . Next? :D

• Haha 1

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Paging @Monkeys Fist 

After a weekend of top level talks I can announce I’ve signed up to the fuckin bastard 3 Peaks Challenge at the end of June :cuppa: 

My dad did that when I was a kid, went on a load of the prep/training walks with him, of which I have very fond memories.

Is there a particular cause you're supporting?

• Like 1