General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I don’t understand the obsession with these designer cross breeds, get yourself a terrier Fist, a big dog in a little dog’s body - Westies, Scotties and Cairns don’t shed. They are perfectly happy to give affection then turn round and tell you to fuck off and treat you luke a cunt!

For me pets are like kids, some people should have them but those that shouldn’t, should not be allowed anywhere them.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sammynb said:

I don’t understand the obsession with these designer cross breeds, get yourself a terrier Fist, a big dog in a little dog’s body - Westies, Scotties and Cairns don’t shed. They are perfectly happy to give affection then turn round and tell you to fuck off and treat you luke a cunt!

For me pets are like kids, some people should have them but those that shouldn’t, should not be allowed anywhere them.

See my post here mate - I couldn’t agree more. 
Apparently this mutt we’re “going to see” belonged to an old fella who can no longer look after it. 
Terriers would be my first, and only, choice, if I had any real say in the matter :lol:

One thing I've learned, if you don't want to be retching every time you pick a shite up, feed it raw food. My dog's shites went from absolutely disgraceful smelly disasters to packed together little parcels of minimal guff within 2 days when we switched it to raw. Also they have far fewer shits. 

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Raw food? I hope you’ve done your research on that diet rather than choosing it to save yourself picking up dog shit.

I've done my research, bitch. It's not like it's fucking unheard of. Asked the vet and she said the only reason she doesn't and can't recommend it is because of the risk to human health, ie if I'm a dipshit that isn't careful about hygiene I could end up with salmonella or some shit and if she recommended it, she'd be liable. She said there is evidence of health benefits to the dog but that it's on us to be careful about cross contamination. 

He fucking loves it as well. Would nose his kibble about the bowl and walk away but this shit is gone in 30 seconds every time. 

Bella and Duke is the stuff we feed him, but they won't ship to Northern Ireland because of Brexit so YOU can suck it! 

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I’ve been told we’re getting a black Labrador puppy when the house is all done up.... then there will be nobody on the planet left who don’t own a fuckin mutt :cuppa:

I like dogs but there's as much chance of me starting up a 'Steve Bruce fan club' and giving new members a tin badge and signed photograph of bagpuss than there is of owning one. (Hopefully it won't shit all over your house). :good:

:lol:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Even with the greatest care, the risk of cross-contamination is much higher so you could accidentally spread around bacteria such as E.coli, Salmonella and even Tuberculosis (TB) via the food or via your pet.

CxNS.gif

I'm not agreeing with Scotty but there is some absolute bullshit in that article KCC posted.

We cook our dogs food and make sure they have a balanced diet, including some raw food (usually on), bones (never cooked bones) and a good grain free dry food.

If you go by that link you'll only ever feed your dog Pal and that shit is terrible for dogs.

Dogs will eat insects and get upset stomachs, there is fuck all you can do, just be smart, don't feed them processed/cured meat or any old shit you would think is acceptable for yourself.

And don't ever feed them sausages, onion, chocolate and host of other things (look it up) unless you want to kill it slowly or quickly depending on how stupid you are.

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

See my post here mate - I couldn’t agree more. 
Apparently this mutt we’re “going to see” belonged to an old fella who can no longer look after it. 
Terriers would be my first, and only, choice, if I had any real say in the matter :lol:

So it's not even new? Mate, you're so whipped.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sammynb said:

I'm not agreeing with Scotty but there is some absolute bullshit in that article KCC posted.

We cook our dogs food and make sure they have a balanced diet, including some raw food (usually on), bones (never cooked bones) and a good grain free dry food.

If you go by that link you'll only ever feed your dog Pal and that shit is terrible for dogs.

Dogs will eat insects and get upset stomachs, there is fuck all you can do, just be smart, don't feed them processed/cured meat or any old shit you would think is acceptable for yourself.

And don't ever feed them sausages, onion, chocolate and host of other things (look it up) unless you want to kill it slowly or quickly depending on how stupid you are.

I’ll ignore the typo but I’ve never fed my dog pal. She gets a mix of high quality grain free wet food and kibble and sometimes some raw beef and offal from the butchers. I’m not saying don’t feed raw but don’t accept that it’s a wonder food with no downside. My dogs turds are very well defined and easy to pick up and she never needs her arse wiping.

I have had loads of dogs MF, not in that way.  My current dog is a Border Terrier and she is in a different class to the others, as great as they all were.  She doesn't need loads of exercise or attention, she is happy to do her own thing or be part of what is going on. She knows her own mind, is amusingly wilful and keenly intelligent.  Cute as fuck without being a floof.   Only downside is they can be a bit feisty and they do moult.  

Anyway, looks like you have no say in this so enjoy your mental bouncing spaghetti factory.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

A cocker/setter cross is gonna have some wild energy. I hope you like long walks. :lol:

Going to be mental is, I think, what you meant

• Haha 2