General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Can you not take her somewhere to meet some chilled out canines. That is gonna be some fear to be carry through life seeing as dogs are everywhere these days. 

There's a cafe in town with little lap dogs where you pay a fiver to get in or something and you get a dog that comes and sits with you. They've got the same place with cats as well. 

Although they're both probably busto by now after all these lockdowns. 

When my daughter was a wee toddler, still in nappies, a mate’s mutt went for her (thankfully didn’t harm her), and thereafter she would go rigid if she saw a dog within 50ft of her. 
She’d cross the street rather than walk past one in a garden, genuinely terrified. 
Mrs. F’s sister got a little shit-machine when Annie was aged about 7, and she was, as ever, petrified of it, but through slowly spending time with it she’s now happy to take him for walks. 
Still very wary of other mutts, but not paralysed by fear. 
I’ve told her that if, at any point, she feels unhappy about the incoming shithouse, to let me know and that’ll be that, but she’s pretty relaxed about the whole thing. 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Can you not take her somewhere to meet some chilled out canines. That is gonna be some fear to be carry through life seeing as dogs are everywhere these days. 

There's a cafe in town with little lap dogs where you pay a fiver to get in or something and you get a dog that comes and sits with you. They've got the same place with cats as well. 

Although they're both probably busto by now after all these lockdowns. 

Cheers, yeah, I agree it's something we need to proactively work on. I do have a few friends with dogs who have offered to help but they are big dogs which she is most terrified of. Ironic because I know big dogs are generally very passive (golden retrievers etc). The cafe is a good idea if they reopen although as I'm allergic Mrs R can do that!

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

When my daughter was a wee toddler, still in nappies, a mate’s mutt went for her (thankfully didn’t harm her), and thereafter she would go rigid if she saw a dog within 50ft of her. 
She’d cross the street rather than walk past one in a garden, genuinely terrified. 
Mrs. F’s sister got a little shit-machine when Annie was aged about 7, and she was, as ever, petrified of it, but through slowly spending time with it she’s now happy to take him for walks. 
Still very wary of other mutts, but not paralysed by fear. 
I’ve told her that if, at any point, she feels unhappy about the incoming shithouse, to let me know and that’ll be that, but she’s pretty relaxed about the whole thing. 

Cheers, quite a common problem I think. I was attacked by a dog on 2 occasions as a kid, bitten both times. Didn't make me afraid cos I'm nails but really put me off them. Thinking back they have been spaniel cross breeds too. Mad cunts.

Sounds like you missed a trick there avoiding the shit machine, you could easily have restoked your daughter's fears. Whose psychological piece of mind is more important, yours or hers? ;)

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Ant said:

dogs are class, mine has finally settled down totally housebroken and zero hassle, we dodged a lot of bullets mind bar the toilet training, never destroyed wires/walls/clothes etc, has a box for her toys and will go lift what she wants out and brings it in to the living room  then go for snooze :lol:

IMG_20210405_221817.jpg

in saying that there are some breeds i wouldn't have about me, and some i'd never let near a kid in a million years, for all the talk of "it's the owners fault", that's a load of balls  when it comes to some breeds, you never see a golden lab on the news for attacking a baby.

I would never leave any dog (even my own who I trust implicitly) alone with a kid, ever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Cheers, quite a common problem I think. I was attacked by a dog on 2 occasions as a kid, bitten both times. Didn't make me afraid cos I'm nails but really put me off them. Thinking back they have been spaniel cross breeds too. Mad cunts.

Sounds like you missed a trick there avoiding the shit machine, you could easily have restoked your daughter's fears. Whose psychological piece of mind is more important, yours or hers? ;)

Any part of the animal kingdom that hasn't painted a big old target on your back there, Renton?

Dogs, Birds, I'm assuming cats think you're the enemy? Those bastards have it in for everyone.

Picked the little bastard up from a skank in Pennywell. 

I’ve got us both booked in at the dog barbers to be de-fleaed and shaved tomorrow. 

Poor little shite has been neglected- he’s got dreads in his coat, starved of attention etc, but seems healthy otherwise. 

23 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just to add, the reason she gave for vetoing Staffys is that “they look too much like you”- meaning squat, stocky and punched-in, with minimal hair. 

And yet, here we are, getting a fucking mentally unstable, ginger fucking lunatic that likes chewing socks.…

… I daren’t tell her what Spaniel’s Lugs is a euphemism for. 

It could be worse. Try having a pug....an expensive clown dog that sheds everywhere and snores like an old man

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Typical mackem cunts. He'll have a happier life at the Fist house. 

By the time he’s had his dreads shaved off, had his claws trimmed, and had the Pennywell stank washed off him, he’ll be half the size and twice as happy. 

I’m going to get him some toy keys so I can shake them at him, just to remind him of his heritage :lol:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

How do you tell which end is which? 

:lol: one end seems keener on treats than the other....when the missus said this was her dream dog I did point out that dogs are supposed to look like their owner. This observation was not well received...

• Haha 2

Have you had to sort out any breathing issues with the pug? I needed to have our dogs soft palate shortened and her nostrils widened to help her breath easier.

Our latest edition is well and truly settled in now. She’s an ex-racer we got last summer. They’re basically feral when you get them like due to never having lived in a house or having had the sort of human interaction most dogs would have as a pup

image.jpg

One of our friends is on their second greyhound and they've both been lush dogs. Dead friendly although they've both hated any other dog except greyhounds. 

They take theirs to this thing called Greyhounds Run Free where they put just greyhounds in an enclosed field and let them go mental. 

Daft lad had his first hair cut yesterday. Quite the transformation from the Nick Nolte mugshot "before" picture. 

Screenshot_20210409-071958_Instagram.thumb.jpg.234d53ee5c01cf28f3354774fd686f20.jpgScreenshot_20210409-072017_Instagram.thumb.jpg.28f74f484a54807b236da9c9dbd68b26.jpg

Remind me, what breed is it?

(And if you don't mind how much did you fork out for him?)

Daft lad had his first hair cut yesterday. Quite the transformation from the Nick Nolte mugshot "before" picture. 

Screenshot_20210409-071958_Instagram.thumb.jpg.234d53ee5c01cf28f3354774fd686f20.jpgScreenshot_20210409-072017_Instagram.thumb.jpg.28f74f484a54807b236da9c9dbd68b26.jpg

How long did it take you to find a grooming parlour with kit to match your guitars