General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

23 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am about to go through something similar to this...TUPEE regs not being followed in my case..they want me to sign their new terms which means a 2k paycut...

Hundreds lose job in British Gas contracts row https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56746656

Sorry you’re having to go through that shit, mate. 
Even though we’re all well aware that this was (one of) the true motives for Brexit, you’d have thought they might have had the decency to wait a year or so before dry-fucking us. 

But then, you’d need to explain the concept of decency to them.

37 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am about to go through something similar to this...TUPEE regs not being followed in my case..they want me to sign their new terms which means a 2k paycut...

Hundreds lose job in British Gas contracts row https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56746656

It's a fucking disgrace. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's a fucking disgrace. 

Equally disgraceful is that a significant portion of our population clearly don’t give a fuck. 
I’m alright Jack, so fuck you… until it happens to them, which it will. 

• Like 4

On 08/04/2021 at 10:56, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve told her that if, at any point, she feels unhappy about the incoming shithouse, to let me know and that’ll be that, but she’s pretty relaxed about the whole thing. 

So, the mutt, the Mackem mutt, turned out to be a fucking radge. 
Bit me three times, and was generally slightly unhinged. 
Long story short, he’s been relegated back to League 1 and we cut our “trial period” short. 

I’m a bit gutted tbh, as when he wasn’t being a fucking canine terrorist he was lovely, but ultimately me and the Mrs. didn’t feel like we could trust it not to go full Mackem at some point in the future. 

We’re probably going to try and find a pup of a Westie/Staffie cocktail if possible, without having take out a second fucking mortgage. 

( I’d be happy to fuck the whole idea off, but if “compromise” has to be made, I’m having some lines in the sand drawn regarding breed, and spaniels can fuck right off- they’re mental and they fucking honk [paging @Dr Gloomand his Mrs :lol:]. Mrs. F. is gradually realising that I actually know what I’m on about regarding mutts, but still won’t cave to a proper Staffy… yet.) 

I’m going to pop in to Benton dog shelter and, at the very least, register my interest … in a Staffy :lol:

• Haha 1

A lot of staffies are really nice tbh, problem is they’re still built like a brick shithouse so when one jumps up to sit next to you it’s like getting a shoulder barge from Shearer :lol: 

:lol:

I don’t mind a bit of roughhousing.

If we can get a pup, at least my daughter will be able to grow used to it as it turns in to Dog Hulk. 

This whole thing is doing my head in tbh- given the choice, I wouldn’t have a mutt, full stop. 
But, it seems that’s not an issue… I’m tempted to just go out and get a mental parrot or something just to feel the beautiful schadenfreude as Mrs. F. gives it

“ I never agreed to getting a parrot/friutbat/fucking raccoon, whatever. “

Loads of people with dogs round our way. Seems a 50/50 split between horrible yappy little froofroo dogs and normal ones. Bugger all staffies, alsatians, rottweilers etc. Just labs, spaniels, and the occasional Dalmation or Bernese, and then furious little balls of teeth and fur.

did see a pair of Great Danes and the temptation to get one, stick a saddle on the back and let the lad go riding off across the fields is looming large.

Tales from the army twat part two.

Has a caravan, I mentioned I fancied a camper van in the future. He also has a 1972 VW camper and is in the middle of restoring a 26’ airstream at the moment.

Counting the minutes

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, strawb said:

Has a caravan, I mentioned I fancied a camper van in the future. He also has a 1972 VW camper and is in the middle of restoring a 26’ airstream at the moment.

Counting the minutes

Sounds like you lads should have a week away together. Stick a go-pro on the dashboard and share the highlights on here. 

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Are you joining the Chorley Cavapoo Club, David? 

If the prices come down, definitely. There've been adverts on Preloved (I didn't name the site before you lot fucking start) for cockapoos and cavapoos for c£1.5k, so it makes financial sense to hold fire to see if that trend continues. 

They are totes gorge sweetiepies though.

32 minutes ago, strawb said:

Counting the minutes

What regiment is he saying he's from? I am going to bet Para or Marine. 

19 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, good luck separating the melted plastic remnants of his shorts from the remnants of his arse. 

Forget the plastic shorts, you ever seen how they clean gravel rash in hospital???

A wire brush and some sort of nasty cleaning agent.

10 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

No idea mate he did facilities management, was a sargeant, based in Bicester/Oxford. 

That’s the sum total of my interest in his stories.

42 minutes ago, strawb said:

Counting the minutes

Love a Walter. Used to work with Stan whose totally ordinary, run of the mill, fishing vest wasn't bought it was issued. Whose peripheral vision wasn't like normal people and extended basically behind his ears. He could speak seven languages fluently (despite barely making sense in English). He also invented ANPR and used to be a sniper.

He wasn't just a fat welsh mess, oh no sirry bob, he was some kind of ultra-cool Bond type. Must have been deep, deep cover when he was working the same job as the rest of us and drinking pints of bovril out of a Sports Direct mug.

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, the mutt, the Mackem mutt, turned out to be a fucking radge. 
Bit me three times, and was generally slightly unhinged. 
Long story short, he’s been relegated back to League 1 and we cut our “trial period” short. 

I’m a bit gutted tbh, as when he wasn’t being a fucking canine terrorist he was lovely, but ultimately me and the Mrs. didn’t feel like we could trust it not to go full Mackem at some point in the future. 

We’re probably going to try and find a pup of a Westie/Staffie cocktail if possible, without having take out a second fucking mortgage. 

( I’d be happy to fuck the whole idea off, but if “compromise” has to be made, I’m having some lines in the sand drawn regarding breed, and spaniels can fuck right off- they’re mental and they fucking honk [paging @Dr Gloomand his Mrs :lol:]. Mrs. F. is gradually realising that I actually know what I’m on about regarding mutts, but still won’t cave to a proper Staffy… yet.) 

I’m going to pop in to Benton dog shelter and, at the very least, register my interest … in a Staffy :lol:

Dog probably freaked out living with a monkey. :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Met loads of “ex-paras” in my former line of work, my usual response to the 99% who were bullshitting was to ask how it felt to be able to walk again. 

The only bloke I knew who actually was in the regiment rarely spoke about it, and only then once he’d got to know you- really chilled bloke, super nice, but I saw him get angry once, very briefly, and it was scary as fuck. 
I met him in 1986 just after I’d left school and was working at an outdoor centre with him.  He mentioned once that he’d served in Ireland and the Falklands, which, at the time, I didn’t realise the significance of, but later realised he’d seen some very nasty stuff. 

Got a half day with him tomorrow, then done thank Christ. 

Told me he has a photographic memory this afternoon, which is weird because I saw him forgot his laptop password twice with my own eyes

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, strawb said:

Got a half day with him tomorrow, then done thank Christ. 

Told me he has a photographic memory this afternoon, which is weird because I saw him forgot his laptop password twice with my own eyes

Tell him to take a photograph of it, then he'll remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do we still have any legal types on here?

Our bairn's nursery - the hourly rate at which is about as expensive as a Thai prostitute - is insisting we pay for sessions which do not occur.  And by that I mean when the building is closed on Bank Holidays but my son is ordinarily rostered in on a Monday.  WE ARE CLOSED - YOU STILL PAY.

It is a council run facility but the nursery set the policy.  Do my consumer rights protect me from paying for a service which the service provider is preventing me from receiving? 

I really don't want to go postal down there as the next nearest nursery is a further 3 minute walk away.