General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

2 hours ago, trophyshy said:

Do we still have any legal types on here?

Our bairn's nursery - the hourly rate at which is about as expensive as a Thai prostitute - is insisting we pay for sessions which do not occur.  And by that I mean when the building is closed on Bank Holidays but my son is ordinarily rostered in on a Monday.  WE ARE CLOSED - YOU STILL PAY.

It is a council run facility but the nursery set the policy.  Do my consumer rights protect me from paying for a service which the service provider is preventing me from receiving? 

I really don't want to go postal down there as the next nearest nursery is a further 3 minute walk away.  

If it's in their Ts&Cs  there's nowt you can do. I was paying £800 a month for nursery at one stage which was painful. It doesn't get better mind, the not so little shits cost even more the older they get. 

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

If it's in their Ts&Cs  there's nowt you can do. I was paying £800 a month for nursery at one stage which was painful. It doesn't get better mind, the not so little shits cost even more the older they get. 

You wanna try owning a puppy. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

It gets better once they are at school cos it's free!

On 15/04/2021 at 08:27, Monkeys Fist said:

So, the mutt, the Mackem mutt, turned out to be a fucking radge. 
Bit me three times, and was generally slightly unhinged. 
Long story short, he’s been relegated back to League 1 and we cut our “trial period” short. 

I’m a bit gutted tbh, as when he wasn’t being a fucking canine terrorist he was lovely, but ultimately me and the Mrs. didn’t feel like we could trust it not to go full Mackem at some point in the future. 

We’re probably going to try and find a pup of a Westie/Staffie cocktail if possible, without having take out a second fucking mortgage. 

( I’d be happy to fuck the whole idea off, but if “compromise” has to be made, I’m having some lines in the sand drawn regarding breed, and spaniels can fuck right off- they’re mental and they fucking honk [paging @Dr Gloomand his Mrs :lol:]. Mrs. F. is gradually realising that I actually know what I’m on about regarding mutts, but still won’t cave to a proper Staffy… yet.) 

I’m going to pop in to Benton dog shelter and, at the very least, register my interest … in a Staffy :lol:

I wonder if anyone was there to witness the “three bitings”?  I put it to you there were no bitings, just a man and his determination to own a staffy....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Gets bit three times and wants a bull terrier 😂 you're going end up on the news

Well we haven’t learnt WHY he was bitten three times, have we?

Probably dangling a bit of steak in front of the poor dog’s chops.

”Bet you haven’t seen one of these before have you, you mackem bastard?! Wheeze steyuk is this, haha! Eh you mackem mutt?! Arggh the fucking dog’s bit me, it’s radge!”

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Renton said:

Aye, we've got our little lad in 4 days a week and it's about £800. Genuinely can't wait for him to be at school, so I can spend the rest on grown up stuff like beer and comics.

Edited by The Fish
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Aye, we've got our little lad in 4 days a week and it's about £800. Genuinely can't wait for him to be at school, so I can spend the rest on grown up stuff like beer and comics.

:lol:

If his school is owt like my kids’ primary, you’ll be spending most of it on “voluntary” donations and “optional” activities, not to mention whatever the latest marketing scam/craze he and his mates will “neeeeeeed Daaaaad “. 

The wife across the road from us (57, single mother to teenage son, ex model, ex soho bar owner, goes "riding out" etc etc 🙄) has two gigantic fuckin staffies who happen to be just about the loveliest dogs I've ever come across...one of them collided with  car a couple of years back and literally caused more damage to the motor than it did to itself :lol:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The wife across the road from us (57, single mother to teenage son, ex model, ex soho bar owner, goes "riding out" etc etc 🙄) has two gigantic fuckin staffies who happen to be just about the loveliest dogs I've ever come across...one of them collided with  car a couple of years back and literally caused more damage to the motor than it did to itself :lol:

Sounds like you might have done some damage to yourself thinking about this neighbour. 👀

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If his school is owt like my kids’ primary, you’ll be spending most of it on “voluntary” donations and “optional” activities, not to mention whatever the latest marketing scam/craze he and his mates will “neeeeeeed Daaaaad “. 

I'm hoping society keeps going the way it is and by the time he's old enough to be wanting anything we'll be too busy foraging for squirrels before the roving bands of cannibals find us.

Honestly, he's already in swimming classes, I'm probably signing him up to football classes in the next 6 months. Then there'll be rugby and tennis if Mrs Fish has owt to do with it (she's from posh Yorkshire). Obviously he'll need a tutor, maybe English (Honestly kid, it's pronounced 'pengwin', not 'pippip'), probably music. Which is fine and everything, but I'm not buying him fucking yeezys, or a minecraft gaming chair.

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Sounds like you might have done some damage to yourself thinking about this neighbour. 👀

I'd have liked to have seen her 20 years ago.... she's soooooo posh, I quite often curtsey when I see her in the street....am also very enamoured with the various 20 something African fellahs that she's introduced us to, one lad told me all about Accra and how much he loved Marcel Desailly  :D

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It gets better once they are at school cos it's free!

Wraparound care, holiday clubs, school trips,  extracurricular stuff, having to pay for them on holiday, bikes, scooters, nintendos, games, guinea pigs, laptops, and now fucking iPhones. No doubt I'll have to help them out for university etc, house deposits. Never ending unfortunately. 

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

Wraparound care, holiday clubs, school trips,  extracurricular stuff, having to pay for them on holiday, bikes, scooters, nintendos, games, guinea pigs, laptops, and now fucking iPhones. No doubt I'll have to help them out for university etc, house deposits. Never ending unfortunately. 

You lot don’t know you’re born. £1,800 per month for full time nursery where I am, utter madness and still another two and a half years before my youngest starts school.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Sounds mint. 

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'm hoping society keeps going the way it is and by the time he's old enough to be wanting anything we'll be too busy foraging for squirrels before the roving bands of cannibals find us.

Honestly, he's already in swimming classes, I'm probably signing him up to football classes in the next 6 months. Then there'll be rugby and tennis if Mrs Fish has owt to do with it (she's from posh Yorkshire). Obviously he'll need a tutor, maybe English (Honestly kid, it's pronounced 'pengwin', not 'pippip'), probably music. Which is fine and everything, but I'm not buying him fucking yeezys, or a minecraft gaming chair.

I wouldn't waste any more money on sports stuff, mate. Comics and Doritos, that's what you need to budget for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

You lot don’t know you’re born. £1,800 per month for full time nursery where I am, utter madness and still another two and a half years before my youngest starts school.

Your other half might as well give up work for 3 years 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

19 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Sounds mint. 

Look what you could have won - a couple of leaching parasites who will destroy your bank balance, deprive you of sleep, prevent you from doing most of the things you used to enjoy while pretty much destroying what was left of your sex life and ruining your marriage.