General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

On 24/04/2021 at 00:29, Monkeys Fist said:

Convicted Post Office workers have names cleared https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56859357
This case has been rumbling on for years, and those involved have finally been cleared of any wrongdoing. 

In summary, the PO installed a flawed accounting system and accused postmasters of theft following false discrepancies due to the shite system. 

People lost their freedom,  jobs, familys, reputations, life savings, and if memory serves, at least one of those falsely accused took their own life. ( memory is right). 
It’s a massive fucking shitstorm of a scandal, and I’ll bet it doesn’t get anywhere near the coverage it should- and that those responsible will walk away without proper punishment. 

It’s incredible too when you think how long it’s taken to sort. Given how obvious it was they hadn’t done anything wrong and how many people were on the wrong end of the miscarriage of justice. 

• Like 1

Big Bill was a top ranked snookerist in the 1980s, who sank prodigious amounts of lager during matches. 
“Werbeniuk was noted for the copious amounts of alcohol he consumed before and during matches – at least six pints before a match and then one pint for each frame. In total, he drank between 40 and 50 pints of lager per day.[1][3] Doctors advised Werbeniuk to drink alcohol to counteract a familial benign essential tremor.[4] Later in his career he also took propranolol, a beta blocker, to cope with the effects of his alcohol consumption on his heart.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Werbeniuk

Sport my arse- snooker, even pro-snooker, isn’t a sport, it’s a pub game. :lol:

Edit; You can add Darts and Golf as non-sports. 

56 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Big Bill was a top ranked snookerist in the 1980s, who sank prodigious amounts of lager during matches. 
“Werbeniuk was noted for the copious amounts of alcohol he consumed before and during matches – at least six pints before a match and then one pint for each frame. In total, he drank between 40 and 50 pints of lager per day.[1][3] Doctors advised Werbeniuk to drink alcohol to counteract a familial benign essential tremor.[4] Later in his career he also took propranolol, a beta blocker, to cope with the effects of his alcohol consumption on his heart.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Werbeniuk

Sport my arse- snooker, even pro-snooker, isn’t a sport, it’s a pub game. :lol:

Edit; You can add Darts and Golf as non-sports. 

:lol: I love this bit - as if the sorrows weren’t already completely fucked (amazing that he made it to 56 years of age)

Werbeniuk drank

28 pints of lager and 16 whiskies over the course of 11 frames during a match against Nigel Bond, in January 1990 – after which Werbeniuk then consumed an entire bottle of Scotch to "drown his sorrows" after losing the match

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m sorry, did I spoil your walk? :lol:

Golf is as much a sport as knitting 

Define what a sport is and how golf doesn't meet the criteria? Otherwise I'm sending Bellamy around to your gaff with his 7 iron.

• Haha 1