General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm getting the garden done atm. Got the grafters here today, having built giant raised beds myself at the weekend (yep, did an incredible job, thanks for asking). 

Anyway, when it's done I am FO SHO getting some Phillips Hue spotlights installed so I can have sexy mood lighting of an evening. Gonna get a patio heater too. Then sit in the house and watch the telly. 

Had our garden levelled last year. Was a shit hole beforehand. Cost us a fortune and we are moving to a new fucking house next week!

256AF566-551D-475B-B563-E0035315FEE3.jpeg

9C027F9D-94B9-4C61-8418-32AF4F4EEB2B.jpeg

59A2D4EF-701B-4595-A9B1-6DBEB30A6B62.jpeg

4163AE52-3823-4259-914E-B11F3D26AEE0.jpeg

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Looks class fwiw. :lol:

Aye they did a good job. Took out roughly 100tonne of earth over the 2 weeks. I'd had plans of doing it with a spade and wheelbarrow originally :lol: 

(Theres now a trampoline covering the random hole in the turf)

Edited by Kid Dynamite

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

That's what mine are motherfucker! 

Three sleepers high, no less. 

20210425_162217_compress82.thumb.jpg.0b86b25851fe1716e4ac57280354e8fe.jpg

Don't worry about the clip of the lawn, that shit is coming up and being replaced with paving and gravel as we speak. 

Not sure I'd get rid of the lawn like. Especially with a dog? You can get robot lawn mowers now too although I hear they are as shit as Roombas.

J69's conversion looks class. Well worth it, if you're planning to live there a while. :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, Renton said:

Not sure I'd get rid of the lawn like. Especially with a dog? You can get robot lawn mowers now too although I hear they are as shit as Roombas.

J69's conversion looks class. Well worth it, if you're planning to live there a while. :lol:

The soil is all clay so it just gets completely waterlogged, so the lawn is terrible quality. The dog is just gonna have to learn to shit on sandstone or gravel. 

I'm ignoring the Roomba comment. Outrageous. 

We're getting hard floors throughout downstairs as well (another dog influenced decision) so Roomba might be coming out of retirement. 

I've got one of the older models but a mate has one that connects to your Internet, and he uses the IFTTT app (worth a look) so that Roomba cleans up whenever he leaves the house. 

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Robot lawnmowers are the dog’s balls tbf. I’d recommend one to anyone. 

I got a robot vacuum cleaner last week, the jury is still out on it.

19 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Robot lawnmowers are the dog’s balls tbf. I’d recommend one to anyone. 

I got a robot vacuum cleaner last week, the jury is still out on it.

I'm ewerk's life role model, AMA. 

23 minutes ago, Ant said:

Aye looks really good, our pup destroys the grass, never knew it was a thing that female dogs pee burnt it. Going look at something similar to yours with the raised section and paving  but with fake grass I think

We got quoted £6k to put AstroTurf down instead of grass 😳

37 minutes ago, Ant said:

seeing it's me that's a given :lol: we've already got a fairly smart setup here, light routines inside/out, I fitted a google nest thermostat myself last year etc

Aye, I fitted two outside sockets myself for garden lights and an ip camera here but I'll get the same added to the new gaff, by default, likewise a bell wire for Google doorbell, oddly our current gaff has an outside light at the door but no doorbell wire 

Biggest faff seems to be sky, engineers  won't go into lofts etc and won't deal with media plates that come with the builds, which obviously I want, who wouldn't want the connections ran in the walls so some twat doesn't come along after it's all done and want to run a cable along the trim or whatever. Going have to get a third party to do it but tbh rather that than a sky engineer and a shite effort

Get it all cat 6 and fibred up if you can - maybe hdmi as well. 

9 hours ago, Ant said:

Aye looks really good, our pup destroys the grass, never knew it was a thing that female dogs pee burnt it. Going look at something similar to yours with the raised section and paving  but with fake grass I think

I think it’s because bitches squat and puss in one place as opposed to cocking their legs and squirting it here, there and everywhere. But enough about my home life 

• Haha 2

My bank holiday weekend has just been saved by the heroic soil delivery bloke who has just craned 4 ton of soil directly over the fence and into the raised beds. I was staring down the barrel of 200+ wheelbarrow trips from the front street. 

@The Fishstrong recommend for identifying a cool as fuck delivery driver when you do yours. :razz:

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

My bank holiday weekend has just been saved by the heroic soil delivery bloke who has just craned 4 ton of soil directly over the fence and into the raised beds. I was staring down the barrel of 200+ wheelbarrow trips from the front street. 

@The Fishstrong recommend for identifying a cool as fuck delivery driver when you do yours. :razz:

Live in a middle Victorian terrace, so we'd need to crane it over the neighbour's garden as well.

Special shout out to my CUNT of a neighbour who repeatedly ignored the knocks on her door to ask if she could move her car, and when she eventually answered the door was full of arsiness: "I'm going out in it soon, I'll move it then!" and made the delivery driver wait another 20 minutes.

I knew she was an ignorant cunt, but it's always nice when someone absolutely confirms it. 

You must live on the other side of my neighbour. When we having work done on the bathroom a delivery tuck was parked across our drives. Within 10 minutes I got a text and a call asking how long they'd be, as she can't get her car out. When I asked the lads to move the truck back a bit they said she'd already had a go at them and they were in the middle of getting the bath out the back so they'd have to finish that first. 3 minutes it took them.

She didn't take her car out. At all. The whole day.