General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Fucking arseholes man. If they'd knocked on my door, with a delivery driver there waiting, I wouldn't have been able to move it quick enough. 

These are the same cunts who had scaffolding put up right next to my car, which was parked on my drive, and didn't think to tell me. 

Then I caught the arsehole workers they had hired playing football in my drive, booting the ball off the garage door. 

Honestly they are fucking tramps. 

Neighbours on the other side couldn't be nicer. Gave us months of notice that they wanted to have an extension on the kitchen and how that could impact our garden/peace. Spotted the labourers had chewed up the grass in our garden when building a wall so sent round some booze and chocolates, then had it sorted and re-seeded. Have invited us round for a drink and barbecue when it's all finished. 

However, Lindsey, well... she's just a miserable cow. She's a part-time estate agent, and a landlord, so all kinds of cunt really.

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Special shout out to my CUNT of a neighbour who repeatedly ignored the knocks on her door to ask if she could move her car, and when she eventually answered the door was full of arsiness: "I'm going out in it soon, I'll move it then!" and made the delivery driver wait another 20 minutes.

I knew she was an ignorant cunt, but it's always nice when someone absolutely confirms it. 

Can’t get my head round people like that. I suppose there’s a reason they’re like that. You should be happy you’re not and pity them for what’s made them like they are really. Still annoying as fuck though. It’s moving your car ffs :lol: 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Neighbours on the other side couldn't be nicer. Gave us months of notice that they wanted to have an extension on the kitchen and how that could impact our garden/peace. Spotted the labourers had chewed up the grass in our garden when building a wall so sent round some booze and chocolates, then had it sorted and re-seeded. Have invited us round for a drink and barbecue when it's all finished. 

However, Lindsey, well... she's just a miserable cow. She's a part-time estate agent, and a landlord, so all kinds of cunt really.

:lol: "Tell you what, I've got a bit of spare time on my hands, how about I dabble in a famously hated profession for a lark?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

:lol: "Tell you what, I've got a bit of spare time on my hands, how about I dabble in a famously hated profession for a lark?"

We have considered the likelihood that she's also a traffic warden and a cold-caller. Both seem very on-brand.

Reading stuff like gives me the fear for next time I move house. Been pretty lucky with half decent neighbours. Current ones can be right nosey bastards and a bit of a pain the arse but they're not arseholes.

The guy next door at the last place we were in was a fucking bombscare right enough. Mind asking him to move his car in the shared driveway once so we could get a sofa past, then realised he was absolutely shitfaced and could barely walk. Told him just to leave it but the cunt wouldn't take no for answer. Thankfully by the time he'd found his keys and staggered to the car we'd already moved the couch round the long way. 

Edited by Blastronaut

1 hour ago, Ant said:

My favorite thing to do now is when I see her bins, is too walk them all the way  round and leave them in her drive when I'm out with the pup, so she has to waddle them back round the street 1 by 1 and down the lane to her back garden.

Fuck sake. This is why I don't want new neighbors.

Slightly confused as to how this is supported by the government but I can't eat in a restaurant or go and watch the cricket.

Also seems fucking mental to have a test event full of people that are too young to get the vaccine yet 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

You work in healthcare and you can’t understand how that event is different to you eating your Sunday roast in the local Beefeater? Jesus did indeed weep.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You work in healthcare and you can’t understand how that event is different to you eating your Sunday roast in the local Beefeater? Jesus did indeed weep.

Explain it to me then?

3000 kids sweating all over each other. Vast majority not vaccinated. All had a lateral flow test 24hrs before attendance which, at best, misses 32% of covid cases (https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1090)

Sounds like a fucking recipe for disaster

But not everyone is going to get vaccinated. They’re doing these trials at a variety of events such as theatre shows, sports events and cinema showings with a cross section of society. The idea is that following the events the participants minimise their contacts and get a test five days later. There’s a risk involved of course but it’s necessary to trial these things to better educate ourselves how we can return to normal in the near future.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But not everyone is going to get vaccinated. They’re doing these trials at a variety of events such as theatre shows, sports events and cinema showings with a cross section of society. The idea is that following the events the participants minimise their contacts and get a test five days later. There’s a risk involved of course but it’s necessary to trial these things to better educate ourselves how we can return to normal in the near future.

Why isn't everyone going to get vaccinated? 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Slightly confused as to how this is supported by the government but I can't eat in a restaurant or go and watch the cricket.

Also seems fucking mental to have a test event full of people that are too young to get the vaccine yet 

It gives young people hope that the end is in sight while reminding us middle aged bastards that socially distancing, and being locked down, isn’t so bad after all.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

It gives young people hope that the end is in sight while reminding us middle aged bastards that socially distancing, and being locked down, isn’t so bad after all.

Must admit, I thought "fuck that" watching that.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Renton said:

Why isn't everyone going to get vaccinated? 

There will be a sizeable minority who will refuse the vaccine, particularly in the younger groups who feel they’re less likely to be affected by the virus. If we get 90% take up then that’ll be a great result.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

There will be a sizeable minority who will refuse the vaccine, particularly in the younger groups who feel they’re less likely to be affected by the virus. If we get 90% take up then that’ll be a great result.

Which is why I support the use of vaccine passports. If you won't get vaccinated (once it's availabe), you should need a PCR test (not lateral flow test) before you are allowed in any indoor environment like this. It's a carrot and stick at the same time. 

• Like 2