General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

This was pushed through our door tonight. I’ve blotted the number out to save MF a very long drive. 

They’ve done the whole street apparently, my neighbour has already reported it. Bit thoughtless, they could’ve waited until after my birthday.  

CB408CF5-BBFE-4357-980C-C412FA071CD0.jpeg

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, trophyshy said:

This was pushed through our door tonight. I’ve blotted the number out to save MF a very long drive. 

They’ve done the whole street apparently, my neighbour has already reported it. Bit thoughtless, they could’ve waited until after my birthday.  

CB408CF5-BBFE-4357-980C-C412FA071CD0.jpeg

Two boxes of Kleenex on the table there. Looks like someone intends to get his full £25 worth. 

• Haha 6

54 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Aye, the suck-slut doesn’t specify whether they’re sword or sheath, do they. 🤔

Just close your eyes, you won’t tell the difference!

Got to be easier than Quiff having to clean his fleshlight every evening.

• Haha 1

Meant to be moving house today. Found out last night that the first buyers in the chain haven't got an ISA closing statement from their bank which they need for their mortgage funds to be released. 

Our broadband got turned off this morning, building and contents insurance has been cancelled, washing machine and bairns bedroom furniture was donated to charity and collected yesterday... FML :lol: 

Say a prayer that it gets sorted out for Monday! 

• Jaysus... 2

Moving house when you're in a chain at both ends is fucking horrific like. Ridiculous though that all the paperwork wasn't sorted out so its ready to go on moving day. Good luck. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Moving house is fucking horrific like.

Simplified your post. I never cease to be amazed by how utterly shit this process is that almost everyone has to do at least a few times in their life. :lol: All the best KD, hope it works out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

Simplified your post. I never cease to be amazed by how utterly shit this process is that almost everyone has to do at least a few times in their life. :lol: All the best KD, hope it works out.

True, but if the chainis free upwards of you, or if you're moving from rented, it takes some of the pressure off. As it is, everyone has to move on the same day and it needs to run like clockwork or these situations occur. 

Letter has arrived today, thank fuck.

Hopefully exchange contracts today so they can't pull out and get completed on Monday!

Now got to get 2 days building and contents insurance and find a removals firm at short notice! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

Moving house when you're in a chain at both ends is fucking horrific like. Ridiculous though that all the paperwork wasn't sorted out so its ready to go on moving day. Good luck. 

Fucking mental that their solicitor didn't think to mention this until Friday afternoon. Why would you even agree a completion date of you aren't in a position to complete? 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Letter has arrived today, thank fuck.

Hopefully exchange contracts today so they can't pull out and get completed on Monday!

Now got to get 2 days building and contents insurance and find a removals firm at short notice! 

Were you using a removal company scheduled for today? If so did you take out insurance for it? 

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Were you using a removal company scheduled for today? If so did you take out insurance for it? 

Yeah, cancelled it at 4pm last night when we got the news. I felt bad initially but then the company were arseholes on the phone and hung up on me so that cheered me up :D 

Best part of the day was when my wife decided she wanted me to remove the sitting room light fittings. Turns out they are on the same wiring circuit as the house alarm so I had that blaring while I knocked the electric off. The battery inside the box then died, resetting the alarm code to a number I didn't know so the alarm wouldn't turn off even when I turned the electric on. 

Trying to field calls from solicitors, whilst dismantling furniture and unplumbing the washing machine to give away, with a house alarm going off for 3 hours until a sparky could come out and sort it had me on the verge of doing a Michael Douglas in falling down.

I told the removals bloke on the phone "if you think you're having a bad day I can guarantee you mines fucking worse mate!" Probably why he hung up on me tbh :lol: 

3 hours ago, Meenzer said:

It’s one of the most British things I know when it comes to utter inefficiency. It’s bonkers tbh.