General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

J69, your head must be battered. :lol:

(I'd be up a height).

Hope it works out as smoothly as possible and you can look back and laugh when you're completely settled at the new place. :good:

Aye all the best with the house move! What a fucking shocker. Solicitors are the fucking dregs.

Im trying to purchase the freehold on my house atm and my solicitor is dealing with a perfect CUNT at the other party's solicitor. She blind copied me into an email the other day where she ripped him a new arsehole. Probably isn't gonna make any difference though, it's looking like a possible tribunal for which I'll have to pay for a fucking barrister. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

My Mum has being clearing out stuff and given me a couple of sovereigns given to me from my grandmother. Just looked them up, worth £400 each. Sweet. :cool:

Bet you get them made into rings 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye all the best with the house move! What a fucking shocker. Solicitors are the fucking dregs.

Im trying to purchase the freehold on my house atm and my solicitor is dealing with a perfect CUNT at the other party's solicitor. She blind copied me into an email the other day where she ripped him a new arsehole. Probably isn't gonna make any difference though, it's looking like a possible tribunal for which I'll have to pay for a fucking barrister. 

Wait, you bought a house without the freehold?! You're one of those people I thought only existed on BBC Watchdog. 

• Haha 4

Aye good luck KD I’ve had cancer twice and moving house was worse.

We are one week (aka the flooring being fitted) from having the extension finished. Our lass has gone overboard on the spending for the “new” house. So now even the rooms I did and finished are full of shite. My head is battered and I’m skint. Been without a kitchen for getting on six months, desperate for some oven chips or something.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, strawb said:

We are one week (aka the flooring being fitted) from having the extension finished. Our lass has gone overboard on the spending for the “new” house. So now even the rooms I did and finished are full of shite. My head is battered and I’m skint. Been without a kitchen for getting on six months, desperate for some oven chips or something.

I feel your pain. 

8 hours ago, strawb said:

I also feel your pain. Got all the major building work done just before the first lockdown. I've now ran out of steam and money so the house looks shit. Large bits of bare plaster. The roof leaks and the windows were fitted by a cowboy and are going to cost thousands to replace. But worse, the house is cluttered full of the wife's and kids shit. I can't stand it, I mean I'm not going for the minimalist look or owt but ffs keep the floors clear. It wouldn't matter if I inherited a footballers mansion, it would still look shit within 48 hours. 

• Haha 1

I also feel your pain. Got all the major building work done just before the first lockdown. I've now ran out of steam and money so the house looks shit. Large bits of bare plaster. The roof leaks and the windows were fitted by a cowboy and are going to cost thousands to replace. But worse, the house is cluttered full of the wife's and kids shit. I can't stand it, I mean I'm not going for the minimalist look or owt but ffs keep the floors clear. It wouldn't matter if I inherited a footballers mansion, it would still look shit within 48 hours. 

You're one of those people I thought only existed on DIY SOS. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Never watched it. Anyway, if only I'd bought me windows from Dave. 

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's one of those people where the tradesman claps his hands together then starts rubbing them as soon as he looks at him. :lol:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

He's one of those people where the tradesman claps his hands together then starts rubbing them as soon as he looks at him. :lol:

Not far wrong tbh. Mind, was just unlucky this time round. Chose an award winning builder who went bankrupt half way through the build and massively cut corners, the twat. All the problems stemmed from that, not sure it could have been prevented. Would help of I had the knowledge and motivation to do anything myself like, but I don't. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Step up, you lazy shit

Hmmm. Full time job, 2 kids, and 2 parents who are becoming kids. Having a renovation project on top of this practically killed me without actually doing the work on top. (Full credit to HMHM who I believe did all this and the work itself!)

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hmmm. Full time job, 2 kids, and 2 parents who are becoming kids. Having a renovation project on top of this practically killed me without actually doing the work on top. (Full credit to HMHM who I believe did all this and the work itself!)

No, I only helped where it was donkey work and I was off plus painting etc when done. I knew just about everyone who had to do jobs so that helped as if there was a fuck up it wouldn't be left like that as they'd have to face me in the future! :D

Never watched it. Anyway, if only I'd bought me windows from Dave. 

Neither have I, but I'd watch your episode. Properly turning on the macho with the grafters. Turning up in denim shorts, timberlands, and a check shirt tied off at the midriff:

"Howay guys, let's flippin' lay some bricks amirite?!" 

• Haha 3

My philosophy is, if its something I can't do, or if someone else will do it for less than my own hourly rate, pay them to do it. That covers pretty much everyone including the gardener. I'd rather try and earn more money in my job (which I mainly enjoy tbf) than do jobs I hate or will make a hash of anyway.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Neither have I, but I'd watch your episode. Properly turning on the macho with the grafters. Turning up in denim shorts, timberlands, and a check shirt tied off at the midriff:

"Howay guys, let's flippin' lay some bricks amirite?!" 

Ant, we need a "fuck you" button". 🖕

• Haha 2