General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

quite an emotive one for the wife and I this...

https://dogstodaymagazine.co.uk/2021/06/25/petition-to-repeal-breed-specific-legislation-to-be-debated-in-parliament/?fbclid=IwAR06Ce2aTuG4Fj-RfWik3gXi9fxwiSRmd4u3_cqZtMBvNlwlGVNmvlEV7lc

especially the wife who's a very keen advocate for pitbulls and anti-bsl. I must admit I had my reservations when we took snoop on (I'm firmly a springer man) aged 9 months. he's now 5 and has completely won me over.

he'd been to dog prison through no fault of his own when we adopted him so he is on the DEFRA  exempted dogs list, has had his bollocks off, been microchipped  and has third party insurance. it breaks my heart he has to be on a lead and muzzled at all times in public, even in the car. although I rarely muzzle him on a walk in the woods. he doesn't need it and has been bitten by a miniature border collie, a poodle and a french bull dog and never once reacted, on the contrary, he's a fucking wuss and has no idea he's supposed to be a killer!

snoop the pit...

and with his best mate ozzy!  :)

20200412_161215.jpg

IMG-20170423-WA0000.jpg

• Like 1

Aye it's a nonsense to write off a breed. Shame for you and the dog that he has to be muzzled every where, especially when you know what the dog's like. 

He looks mint btw. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye it's a nonsense to write off a breed. Shame for you and the dog that he has to be muzzled every where, especially when you know what the dog's like. 

He looks mint btw. 

cheers mate.  :)

I rarely muzzle him unless he's in somewhere like a pub garden. mind I do always drive to woodland for walks rather than round the streets. we hire an enclosed private field as often as possible so he gets a proper run.

on the whole he gets a favourable reaction from most dog lovers, he was the star of the bank tavern in keswick a couple of summers ago where there was more dogs than people!

I doubt I'd have another one though, fir the sole reason that it upsets me probably infinitely more so than him that his life is so restricted.

:(

Edited by thebrokendoll

It’s funny the preconceptions about breeds. I guess the problem is on the rare occasions bull terriers and other similar dogs attack people the outcome can be really bad. But take staffies, for example. When you look at the number of fuckwits who gave them it’s a testament to the breed that problems are so rare. They’re also one of the few breeds the kennel club recommends as family pets. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s lush. 💕

never known a dog crave cuddles so much. curls up like a cat on your lap sat on the chair.

not for long though, fucker weighs about 40 kilos and there's not a scrap of fat on him!

:)

• Like 1

Here, all you deed clever university types....quite fancy taking up studies again, a mere 36 years after leaving school. Beleive it or not, my English teacher was very keen for me to stay on at school to do Higher English, whereas I was more interested in getting pissed and watching Pedro and Gazza on a Saturday so needed to finance that....anyway, I got an A for O Grade English and now quite fancy doing the A level 

Google isn't really helping as it's mostly adverts so am wondering if anyone knows a good online provider or a top 10 site or something?.. 🤔

You could look into doing a degree online. As a mature student you wouldn’t necessarily need A-Levels. It was a long time ago but I thought A-Level English was fucking brutal. Like a lesson in how to take all the joy out of a subject. My English degree was far more interesting and enjoyable 

• Like 1

Yeah you don't need all the school level academic stuff, the minimum might be a foundation course to build up to whatever it is that you want to do. I would open up dialogue with a university about it (assuming it's a degree you want of course!) and they'll be able to tell you what hoops might need to be jumped through.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

You could look into doing a degree online. As a mature student you wouldn’t necessarily need A-Levels. It was a long time ago but I thought A-Level English was fucking brutal. Like a lesson in how to take all the joy out of a subject. My English degree was far more interesting and enjoyable 

Yeah maybe a uni access course would be better...I drive past Bournemouth uni every day,..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Here, all you deed clever university types....quite fancy taking up studies again, a mere 36 years after leaving school. Beleive it or not, my English teacher was very keen for me to stay on at school to do Higher English, whereas I was more interested in getting pissed and watching Pedro and Gazza on a Saturday so needed to finance that....anyway, I got an A for O Grade English and now quite fancy doing the A level 

Google isn't really helping as it's mostly adverts so am wondering if anyone knows a good online provider or a top 10 site or something?.. 🤔

Isn't open University the obvious answer? Have you got Maths O level as well, I think that may be the minimum criteria. I did my MSc distance learning and loved it, so if you cat on a course, go for it I say. 

• Like 1

HEFCs are what you’re probably after @PaddockLad- Higher Education Foundation Course. 

They’re aimed at mature students looking to go on and study for degrees. 

It’s always good to get the neurons sparking again, go for it mate. 👍

• Like 1

Alright knackers, hope everyone is alright despite Brexit, 'rona and England losing :lol:

Last week had another great week in Northumberland.  This time looking at places to buy.  So apologies now :lol: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, funny you should say that.

But I started at a place last July and I am now working my notice period :lol: Fucking 3 months too cunts.

I am just going self employed, I should have done it years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6