General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Finished laying the new garden lawn this afternoon. Thats the entire house, extension and garden finished.

Never moving house again. Until I get put into a home 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, strawb said:

Finished laying the new garden lawn this afternoon. Thats the entire house, extension and garden finished.

Never moving house again. Until I get put into a home 

:lol: We're just gearing up for a move to another rental place, because we're not ready to leave London yet but we definitely can't afford to buy the kind of thing we'd want here either. I'm happy to report that most estate agents and a good handful of removal companies are still cunts. Very much looking forward to moving into a place of our own in a few years, getting set up and not fucking moving a muscle again until the merciful release of death. :boogie:

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

:lol: We're just gearing up for a move to another rental place, because we're not ready to leave London yet but we definitely can't afford to buy the kind of thing we'd want here either. I'm happy to report that most estate agents and a good handful of removal companies are still cunts. Very much looking forward to moving into a place of our own in a few years, getting set up and not fucking moving a muscle again until the merciful release of death. :boogie:

I honestly never had many problems with estate agents until I moved to London, the ones there are a different breed. 

It’s a massive relief to be able to say I’m never moving again like. The only movement I will be doing is outwards as I slowly expand into the atmosphere from rich food and wine.

Good luck with your move mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Meenzer said:

We're just shy of three years in NZ now and we're in our 5th house here :lol: I'm so over moving house.

Fingers crossed this is our last rental but the house market out here is utterly mental so I've no idea if we'll be able to afford to buy when we sell up in the UK.

3 hours ago, Ant said:

I'm not even in the new one and I've said the same

Two delays now was meant to be the 9th then tomorrow 

Now defo next Thursday, all solicitors dragging thier feet, house is sitting ready to go /be burgled :lol:

Glad to know it’s not just England where the entire process is fucking shite.

Good luck

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

We're just shy of three years in NZ now and we're in our 5th house here :lol: I'm so over moving house.

Fingers crossed this is our last rental but the house market out here is utterly mental so I've no idea if we'll be able to afford to buy when we sell up in the UK.

Auckland is more mental than Christchurch I think. If interest rates rise, a lot of people here are going to be fucked

2 hours ago, strawb said:

Glad to know it’s not just England where the entire process is fucking shite.

Good luck

The NZ process, which was originally the same as the English version, is simple and quick. There’s really no reason to persist with this antiquated way of doing things, other than lining the pockets of self interested lawyers and agents.

The biggest rip off here is estate agents who earn large commissions for doing nothing and have zero expertise.  There are 3 or 4 large companies in Auckland - all franchises - and the agents are self employed, so there is no accountability and the industry is “self regulated” by a de facto cartel.

On the plus side there is no stamp duty, which is nice.

16 hours ago, Andrew said:

Jesus!

I moved a fair amount in London, but I could fit most of my stuff into a small hatchback. But it was still a ball ache. Now, with all the shit we've accumulated there's no way I'm doing it again. If ever we move from this house, we'll just pay to have some company do it instead.

So the little lad has a bad cough that had him up every hour or so. Here's the thing though, there’s a creepy house opposite us. Never see the owner, unkempt garden, high bushes, dark small windows. The whole 9 spooky yards. Anyway, 3:30 Mrs Fish comes back from seeing to little'un, and half asleep I tell her to stop scratching. She says it’s not her, we realise the noise is coming from outside. There we see an older man hurriedly sweeping leaves from the path outside the house and hiding against the bush every time a car passes.

My question is this; Is this the beginning of a) a horror movie or b ) a kids adventure movie where the creepy guy turns out to be an unlikely hero?

Reminds me of during Euro 96 when there were a couple of lads from North Carolina visiting who my dad had met at the World Cup two years earlier. We took them to a match at Ashington Cricket Club and one of them thought it strange how many people were called ‘Bud’ which he thought was just an American name. Took a bit of explaining they were called ‘Bob’ 

• Haha 2

Ignore this absolute penis trying to turn this into a story about Labour. This story is about a rainbow monkey with an exposed arse, large dildo, and peephole nipples reading books to children at a library. 

If this doesn't get your kids into reading, have them euthanized. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, strawb said:

Anyone have an experience with getting someone sectioned? Is it difficult and can you do it without someone’s consent? 

@Kid Dynamite would be the person to advise on that

37 minutes ago, strawb said:

Anyone have an experience with getting someone sectioned? Is it difficult and can you do it without someone’s consent? 

Aye, KD will be the go to here. I've had experience with a family member undergoing this a few times. It's a medical decision at the end of the day, there's lots of routes to it, and I guess it's often if not always done without consent of the person by definition. 

Surely one of the most heart-breaking things you can go through as a carer or observer. Good luck.