General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Why not. Much better to plan your own send off :lol:

Come on then. I fucking GUARANTEE you've got Rocket Man lined up for yours. 

Club Tropicana on arrival. The Pina Colada song as the curtains close on the coffin. And then Rocket Man as people file out. That's your funeral

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Come on then. I fucking GUARANTEE you've got Rocket Man lined up for yours. 

Club Tropicana on arrival. The Pina Colada song as the curtains close on the coffin. And then Rocket Man as people file out. That's your funeral

One of your kids doing a reading, but it's just the lyrics from Cotton Eye Joe.

• Haha 3

On 27/08/2021 at 15:06, The Fish said:

Was up home for a funeral on Wednesday. Are there always someone at a wake that nobody has a fucking clue about? There was this woman, a good 25yrs younger than my late Godfather, so not a friend. According to the neighbours, she's not a local. Wasn't from St Oswalds. No idea who the fuck she was. :lol:

But she sat at the service, got her free drink at the wake, ate from the buffet, spoke to a few people, gave her condolences and all that. Proper weird.

On 27/08/2021 at 16:11, strawb said:

Bit on the side? 

Sorry for your loss

Unlikely, Jim was lucky to find Iris, I doubt anyone else could put up with his curmudgeon-ness. 

Used to go to the match with his sons and him on occasion. He was at Milan, at the Man Utd and Barcelona games, when we smashed Leicester around, and all that. Never seemed happy. Didn't like Ginola, Asprilla, Robert. 

I think the biggest smile I ever saw was when I came back from London for a weekend with my head shaved bald. :lol:

He was a really good bloke and a really good husband/dad by all accounts, but fucking hell, he could make Jack Dee seem chipper.

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

What I'm getting from this is, is every time he saw the fish he looked pissed off. :cuppa:

I'm like modern art, nobody really gets me but I brighten every room I'm in.

• Haha 2

First class generally means next day to any part of our beloved United Kingdom so I'd expect it tomorrow. Then again the lazy workshy posties will probably claim long covid and not get it to you on time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When your little'un starts speaking, it's amazing. Watching them start putting sounds together to make words, then words together to make phrases. Just amazing.

The downside is being woken at 05:20 with "POO POO. Daddy? WHERE ARE YOU? DAAAADDEEEE, POOPOO!"

I'm excited for the days where instead of zero sleep, I need a crowbar to get him out of his pit.

Honestly, we do all we can to knacker him out. Little fucker takes ages to go off, then wakes at the crack of dawn, full of beans. Sleeps for maybe 8 hours? I thought they were supposed to sleep 10-12?!