General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

I mean WTAF? Gammons love doubling down on their absolute ignorance and stupidity. 

The thing is that most of the Express readers aren't going to see the video clip so they'll believe it. Anything attacking these protesters is red meat for their readership.

6 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

That's a beaut, can I get a cutting?

Here you go. 
concrete-debris-stacked-into-a-wall-pict

Plant them in February and thin them out once they get to three storeys, otherwise you’ll have the planning dept. on your back. 

• Haha 3

On 21/10/2021 at 17:54, Howmanheyman said:

I can't even get the internet on my PC at work as they obviously don't trust the riff-raff (even if I had the time), they'd have a fit with half this board, mind. :lol:

Factory life :lol: all the lads in my section at my place got given written records of conversation for going for their dinner a few minutes early the other day. I happened to be off. Anyway their response was to work exactly to the written process and reduce productivity by about 30%. Love owt like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The manager responsible ended up getting a bollocking. Our place is one of the best places I've worked for not being micromanaged mind. There's team areas with free coffee machines and where you can go to use your phones and that and nobody says a thing. They're recruiting as well but I appreciate you're holding out for your redundancy @Howmanheyman. For unskilled work as well it's 28k + ~£5k shift allowance + overtime @ x1.725 + bonus. Not sure how a commute to Darlo would suit

• Like 1

Don't tell them you know me in any capacity and you'll get in. They're putting production experience preferred but not essential on adverts lately. Basically leaving the lads to train untrainable people. Once upon a time it was the holy grail of production work around here. Hitachi turned out to be a bit of a shit brick, after all the press it got. 

24 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Don't tell them you know me in any capacity and you'll get in.....

.....Once upon a time it was the holy grail of production work around here. 

"It was a great place to work until they hired me!"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

The manager responsible ended up getting a bollocking. Our place is one of the best places I've worked for not being micromanaged mind. There's team areas with free coffee machines and where you can go to use your phones and that and nobody says a thing. They're recruiting as well but I appreciate you're holding out for your redundancy @Howmanheyman. For unskilled work as well it's 28k + ~£5k shift allowance + overtime @ x1.725 + bonus. Not sure how a commute to Darlo would suit

Cheers, Quiffy but I'm wanting to knock shift work and factory work on the head and wouldn't commute if I was doing shift work. Appreciate the heads up though. :good:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Cheers, Quiffy but I'm wanting to knock shift work and factory work on the head and wouldn't commute if I was doing shift work. Appreciate the heads up though. :good:

Tbf we only do nights during peak demand, it's 5 days shifts one week and 4 slightly longer backshifts the week after with the Fri off. We get fucked about quite a bit with shifts. We were on continentals at one point but with the added bonus that you didn't work a Saturday night shift if it landed that way so you'd only do 3 shifts and an extra 5k shift allowance. What's the latest at your place anyhow?

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Tbf we only do nights during peak demand, it's 5 days shifts one week and 4 slightly longer backshifts the week after with the Fri off. We get fucked about quite a bit with shifts. We were on continentals at one point but with the added bonus that you didn't work a Saturday night shift if it landed that way so you'd only do 3 shifts and an extra 5k shift allowance. What's the latest at your place anyhow?

Still in consultation. I'd be surprised if it wasn't still open in 2024 tbh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

How is this sexual assault?

It's not in my book. He tried to put the lips on her, she said no, he stopped. 

If that's sexual assault then I've been victim to many assaults by boilers over the years 

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's not in my book. He tried to put the lips on her, she said no, he stopped. 

If that's sexual assault then I've been victim to many assaults by boilers over the years 

That's the price on the ticket when you're Team Handsome. :razz:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2