General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I love dogs, cats are ok as well. Do I want to keep them in the house? Take it for a walk every single day? Vet bills? Have the house smelling? Fuck that. I'll just enjoy other people's pets when I see them. 👍

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Dogs are great, cats are great, pets in general are great. Only the weird don't like them. 

Seriously Renton, get your kids some pets or they WILL grow up to be weird, like you. 

Everybody has dogs these days. Eventually your daughter with the fear of dogs is gonna want to go to sleepovers at a friend's house with a dog. Or a party at a house where a dog lives. The best thing you could do for her is get her a puppy. Do it now. Do it tonight. 

My youngest really, really wants one. But I'm allergic. I mean anaphylactic level allergic. I spent a night at Mrs Rents parental house when they were away back in the dawn of time. She had a protective rough collie called Tommy who obviously fucking hated me. Any time I went near her it barked its head off, shedding a plume of fur which made me sneeze, which it took as me barking back, and a growling stand off ensued (he was better at it). He was quite a scary fucker tbh and his breath stunk. By the next morning my asthma was so bad I could barely crawl out the door, my lips went blue. He thought he had won. But he died a year later so I had the last laugh. ;)

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

My dog doesn't shed. Surely even a fairy like you can cope with one of these non-shedder types. 

Anyway I'm sure there's no link between your youngest's desperation for a puppy and her father's almost certain death in the event that she gets a puppy. :lol:

• Haha 1

No. I'm aware there's hypoallergenic dogs and cats around, but it's like asking someone with a peanut allergy to eat something that "may contain nuts" and cross your fingers. Also all the other reasons we've gone through. Who do you think would end up picking up the shit? The little twats won't even clear out their guinea pigs, who would probablybecome a meal for the dog anyway. Fuck that, life's hard enough.

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Renton said:

No. I'm aware there's hypoallergenic dogs and cats around, but it's like asking someone with a peanut allergy to eat something that "may contain nuts" and cross your fingers. Also all the other reasons we've gone through. Who do you think would end up picking up the shit? The little twats won't even clear out their guinea pigs, who would probablybecome a meal for the dog anyway. Fuck that, life's hard enough.

Wait, wait, wait, you're twisting about dogs when you've allowed actual vermin in your house?

But yeah, if you're some Beta-cuck whose own body can't handle the horror of a few airborne puppy particles, then don't get a dog.

On 15/11/2021 at 21:33, Renton said:

https://www.peru.travel/gastronomy/en/recipes/main-dishes/picante-de-cuy.html

Telling the kids that there are loads of delicious recipes how to cook guinea pigs does always work for me.

I guess there is a decent amount of recipes from South Korea as well. Apparently Bernhardiners are tasting like good beef…

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2021 at 18:00, wykikitoon said:

On the bus on the way home tonight, school kid was sat by himself. Group of lads came on and started taking the piss. Lad was getting upset so I told them its not on and to pack it in. Fucking bullies man. 

Just seen this, good for you.

It's hard to know what to do for the best. I once intervened with some kids kicking lumps out another one on the metro, somehow managed to break them up and physically push them off at the next station (there were only two of them). Then when I went to see the kid (read charver) I had helped was okay, he muttered something about honour and punched me in the face before running off at the next station (was a pathetic punch mind). But worse, people getting on there were under the impression I had assaulted this kid and got really aggressive with me. Fortunately my wife was there to explain what had happened. Honestly, after that, you can probably guess why I'm very reluctant to intervene on things like this. 

Also there was an article on the local news news a couple of weeks ago about 4 adults being seriously assaulted by a gang of kids at Longbenton, hospitalising 2 of the adults. I don't know the details but honestly some of the "kids" are just scum. I'd forgotten how awful the Metro could be having not used it for sol long in lock down, I need to use it now occasionally and hate it in the evening. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just seen this, good for you.

It's hard to know what to do for the best. I once intervened with some kids kicking lumps out another one on the metro, somehow managed to break them up and physically push them off at the next station (there were only two of them). Then when I went to see the kid (read charver) I had helped was okay, he muttered something about honour and punched me in the face before running off at the next station (was a pathetic punch mind).

:lol:

How does this stuff keep happening to you? 

Serious point though. There was a bloke worked in the legal department at Virgin when I was there. Intervened to stop a fight outside of the Gate a few years ago, got stabbed in the chest and died. It was all over the local press at the time. 

Sounds like this kid on the metro had moxy though, you've got to respect that. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

:lol:

How does this stuff keep happening to you? 

Serious point though. There was a bloke worked in the legal department at Virgin when I was there. Intervened to stop a fight outside of the Gate a few years ago, got stabbed in the chest and died. It was all over the local press at the time. 

Sounds like this kid on the metro had moxy though, you've got to respect that. :lol:

This was years ago, sure I posted it at the time. There was also that bloke who was stabbed outside Greggs in Eldon Square 3 years back or so, he used to work in my department and most my colleagues knew him and went to his funeral. Did a law degree in his spare time to better himself, got a new career, and some vile charver put a screw driver through his chest just as a dare. Two kids lost a Dad. Honestly man, avoid coming into contact with charvers if at all possible. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

This was years ago, sure I posted it at the time. There was also that bloke who was stabbed outside Greggs in Eldon Square 3 years back or so, he used to work in my department and most my colleagues knew him and went to his funeral. Did a law degree in his spare time to better himself, got a new career, and some vile charver put a screw driver through his chest just as a dare. Two kids lost a Dad. Honestly man, avoid coming into contact with charvers if at all possible. 

This is the same incident. I thought it was outside the Gate, but def the same incident. 

But aye, difficult to get involved these days with kids carrying knives and stuff. Plus if it kicked off, my fists are basically registered lethal weapons and I could easily kill someone and end up locked up myself. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This is the same incident. I thought it was outside the Gate, but def the same incident. 

But aye, difficult to get involved these days with kids carrying knives and stuff. Plus if it kicked off, my fists are basically registered lethal weapons and I could easily kill someone and end up locked up myself. 

Yeah, he didn't even break up a fight, just randomly attacked, which is even more frightening. Very sad. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-49714597

And your fist are lethal weapons? Are you Bruce Lee? The only good scene from Once upon a time in Hollywood. 

I think the point that was overlooked with all the Me Too stuff regarding asking men to intervene on women's behalf is that unlike Ready To Groom where everyone is fucking nails and can windmill anyone on the planet, blokes always have to be wary about what they're taking on in potentially violent situations. Of course I do think blokes should "police" other blokes being cunts when they can. 

I honestly do think that despite impressions society is less violent than it used to be but the point remains.