General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Just got off the phone from my mate and feeling positive. I've got to be with how miserable he is 😂

Joking aside. It was good to chat. Hes going to get in touch with his GP tomorrow and I've told him Im going to call him tomorrow to ensure he has. We had a good laugh and agreed to get a walk in next week.

So fingers crossed a small step in the right direction. 

A good walk is absolutely class for your mental health tbh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

@Howmanheyman, how you’ve described how you were is very similar to me. 

I’m on “that American shite” Sertraline :lol:

It does the trick for me, got my mojo back. 

I’ll be honest, I was laughing again before I took the first one after reading the list of possible side-effects; erectile dysfunction, itching, INCREASED LIKELIHOOD OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS! 

wtf :lol:

You’ll be glad to know that those are very rare, only affecting males in the 40-50 age bracket, night shift workers, ugly as a punched walrus. 

You’ll be fine :lol:

Sertraline, Fluoxetine, Citalopram are all SSRI's (ie. they work in the same way). Theres not really one that's any better than the others. It's just a bit of trial and error sometimes to get the right medication at the right dose. 

Anyone considering them, don't be put off by side effects, they tend to disappear after a week or two. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

A good walk is absolutely class for your mental health tbh. 

Aye. Any exercise is tbh but aye a walk is. Get decent weather and we can have a laugh and banter. Another one of out mates has just put on the WhatsApp group 'mate if you fancy a chat let's go for a pint' fuck me. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Sertraline, Fluoxetine, Citalopram are all SSRI's (ie. they work in the same way). Theres not really one that's any better than the others. It's just a bit of trial and error sometimes to get the right medication at the right dose. 

Anyone considering them, don't be put off by side effects, they tend to disappear after a week or two. 

I’m on fluoxetine 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, anyone want to admit to being a filthy sound-mind? :lol:

:lol: well i'm not taking anything, and my mood is pretty stable, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get periodic anxiety for no specific reason! 

• Haha 1

Got me latest monthly utility estimate in, its going up from £111 a month to £230. And this is with a fixed rate until July 2022 (the estimate though is based on 12 months use, so will include 6 months of the new tariffs, presumably will go up even more after this). I think its wrong because as usual they haven't factored in decreased use in the summer months, but still, this is quite frightening. Inflation is much more than the 5% per month the government says it is imo. Going to be lots of cold people. 

11 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

So I’m the only sound one!

At least it explains all the shit I’ve had to put up with :lol: 

;)

Most people on here are sound. Present company excepted ;) 

17 hours ago, ewerk said:

I'll take no guff on that front from a man who lives in a county with a village called Wetwang, thank you very much.

:lol:

I was laughing at him saying how he was living like people from Dalkey.  I.e an opulent lifestyle.  I myself have been to Dalkey and did a refurb job down the road from a man you may know. Paul Hewson.