General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

As Gemmill says, you could find evidence for the same acts from Jeremy Corbyn, Bernie Sanders, George Soros, Stalin, whoever, and none of us would stand up to try and defend them.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

The difference here is none of us is gonna tell you that this might be OK. 

I never said any of it was ok and I'm going to ask you all nicely to stop insinuating that I think it is.

My two points are:

1: Is it possible that Prince Andrew's behaviour was (at least to him) legal?

If he thought the girl was 18 and she slept with him "voluntarily" (and with him presuming she hadn't been trafficked obviously) is that a crime? As in IS THAT AN ACTUAL CRIME or is it "just" creepy?

2: If she was 17 (which I'm assuming she was) and that all these years later he's getting his comeuppance, then seeing as there are several other well known cases that are possibly even more creepy, why are those people seemingly given a pass?

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

As Gemmill says, you could find evidence for the same acts from Jeremy Corbyn, Bernie Sanders, George Soros, Stalin, whoever, and none of us would stand up to try and defend them.

FFS I'm not defending him I'm asking questions.

See above...

Just now, Asprilla said:

I never said any of it was ok and I'm going to ask you all nicely to stop insinuating that I think it is.

My two points are:

1: Is it possible that Prince Andrew's behaviour was (at least to him) legal?

If he thought the girl was 18 and she slept with him "voluntarily" (and with him presuming she hadn't been trafficked obviously) is that a crime? As in IS THAT AN ACTUAL CRIME or is it "just" creepy?

2: If she was 17 (which I'm assuming she was) and that all these years later he's getting his comeuppance, then seeing as there are several other well known cases that are possibly even more creepy, why are those people seemingly given a pass?

OK I finally understand that you don't actually have a point. I'm sorry but you don't. 

What difference does it make whether Prince Andrew thought that what he was doing was OK? And what difference does it make that other people have done what he's done and got away with it? 

We're gonna find out soon enough when the trial goes ahead, but I absolutely guarantee you that neither of his defences will be "Well I thought that what I was doing was alright" or "Well fucking David Bowie was sagging 15 year olds on the reg, so what's wrong with me humping a sex trafficked 17 year old?" 

This is absurd. Just stop man. You don't have a point here that is worth even your own effort to pursue, never mind anyone else's. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

If you sleep with someone in the belief that they're of legal age and haven't been trafficked, and it turns out that they're underage and have been trafficked, I think that one's on you, yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

If he thought the girl was 18 and she slept with him "voluntarily"

You are now literally victim blaming here. Listen, I'll give you a tip. If you're intent on wummery, stick to subjects that don't make you look like a nonce yourself. 

• Haha 8

Come on lads, he's just asking questions. I mean, what if Prince Andrew wasn't using his power and influence to have sex with young girls, but instead they were forcing themselves on him? Yeah? Have you thought about that?

Maybe they weren't so innocent? Sure , they were being forced to hang around old rich men, but is Prince Andrew really to blame if they were doing it in a provocative way?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

OK I finally understand that you don't actually have a point. I'm sorry but you don't. 

What difference does it make whether Prince Andrew thought that what he was doing was OK? And what difference does it make that other people have done what he's done and got away with it? 

We're gonna find out soon enough when the trial goes ahead, but I absolutely guarantee you that neither of his defences will be "Well I thought that what I was doing was alright" or "Well fucking David Bowie was sagging 15 year olds on the reg, so what's wrong with me humping a sex trafficked 17 year old?" 

This is absurd. Just stop man. You don't have a point here that is worth even your own effort to pursue, never mind anyone else's. 

A bit arrogant to decide that.

There's obviously a law to protect under age people from predators but on some day that changes, say their 18th birthday.

So the action goes from illegal to legal in one day.

The creep factor as I have said time and time again is separate.

And yes, if I were Prince Andrew and watching the world not only giving a pass to but deifying people who had done the same thing (arguably worse), then too right I'd mention it!

2 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

If you sleep with someone in the belief that they're of legal age and haven't been trafficked, and it turns out that they're underage and have been trafficked, I think that one's on you, yes.

Ignorance of the law/situation is no legal defence, I know.

I'm saying that morally, knowing and not knowing are different... one is much creepier than the other surely

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

You are now literally victim blaming here. Listen, I'll give you a tip. If you're intent on wummery, stick to subjects that don't make you look like a nonce yourself. 

I asked you nicely, maybe you missed it. Last chance.

I put the "" because I acknowledge that voluntarily could mean actually voluntarily or just the appearance of voluntarily as in a girl could be acting like she was doing things voluntarily out of fear. I'm doing the opposite of what you're trying to smear me with.

I think any argument Prince Andrew acted in good faith falls apart by his own admission he stayed at Epstein’s mansion after the latter was convicted. That and the only thing being consistent about his version of events are the constant inconsistencies and revisions 

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

OK I'm out. Enjoy the rest of your time making excuses for Prince Andrew. 

Literally haven't done that anywhere.

Legally there is a difference between murder and manslaughter. People ask questions to determine the "severity" of the offence.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I think any argument Prince Andrew acted in good faith falls apart by his own admission he stayed at Epstein’s mansion after the latter was convicted. That and the only thing being consistent about his version of events are the constant inconsistencies and revisions 

FWIW I watched the Emily Maitliss Newsnight.

It is a car crash.

It's also very enjoyable to watch a "villain" squirm and get their comeuppance.

But since that interview I have wondered if Prince Andrew is just so privileged that a: he thinks that there are girls everywhere who want to shag him and b: he's so dumb/misguided that he genuinely felt going to Epsteins to "break off" the friendship was an "honourable" thing to do.

You may not think intent matters and legally it probably doesn't. That's really all I'm asking though.

• Haha 1

You've had both your questions answered. 

What about if Prince Andrew didn't think what he did was illegal. 

Answer: it doesn't matter. 

What about all the other people that have got away with sex crimes?

I think we're done here. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

You've had both your questions answered. 

What about if Prince Andrew didn't think what he did was illegal. 

What about all the other people that have got away with sex crimes?

I think we're done here. 

In your opinion

1 minute ago, Asprilla said:

he's so dumb/misguided that he genuinely felt going to Epsteins to "break off" the friendship was an "honourable" thing to do.

:lol:

You actually believe him? Honestly, I'm not kidding, you really are doing yourself no favours here. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

:lol:

You actually believe him? Honestly, I'm not kidding, you really are doing yourself no favours here. 

I didn't say I believe him, I said it's conceivable he could be dumb enough to think it was a good idea.