General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

13 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Sorry to hear about your old man’s troubles Fish, glad they’re being sorted. 

If you want to cheer him up you could buy him a Stetson and toy guns and start calling him Tex Fitz 👍

Worried there'd be confusion, what with you being called Tex Thepiss

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Does anyone know what’s causing this? I’ve tried Googling and a few papers mention it but not what’s causing it.

Its air pollution btw

693EBBCD-06EE-40C0-AB31-2F8B0BC45E0C.png

What MF said but also the weather. We have a blocking anticyclone with almost no air movement, so local pollution is building up in these areas. 

• Like 1

Barnsley blow job

During sexual congress in the "missionary position", when the lady "drops a gut" with sufficient gusto to blast her suitor's balls up his arsehole.

Guarantee MF has got himself involved in one of these before. 

• Haha 3

:lol:

It would be ungentlemanly behaviour to confirm or deny this…

… however, the opposite to the Barnsley BJ is the Canine Car Window, so named as it takes place during doggy style humpage, the resultant postern blast travelling up the belly and chest to hit the face, resulting in…

ShockingCheerfulDromaeosaur-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/lia-thomas-swimmer-trans-ncaa-b2042715.html

Good article challenging some of the rhetoric around trans people competing in sports, using actual data rather than just hysteria.

It's absolutley lazy and ignorant as fuck when people do say they have.  Pippa York has said this previously.

My Dr Sister in law talks about it a lot.  I.e a medically trained person who should know better the effects on meds they take.

It's a highly-charged discussion in today's world that I refuse to to get involved in. As I said elsewhere, my sister is trans and elects to campaign openly and very publicly about her views. Her views are not the popular view and as a result she is subjected to death threats on a regular basis. 

On 23/03/2022 at 14:25, The Fish said:

Last year my Dad had a couple of falls. Doctors were at a loss as to the cause and he was comparatively fit and healthy so aside from doing tests and scans were happy for him to carry on as normal. He had a seizure this morning, got whisked off to hospital in the ambulance, had another seizure while waiting to be seen. Thankfully because he was surrounded by medical professionals they were able to immediately diagnose it as an epileptic fit. 

So, 76yr old, never had a problem before, now he can't drive, he'll miss out on this amazing holiday (for the time being at least) and will have to deal with whatever treatments/medications he'll need to manage this. 

Anyone know anything about epilepsy? Can it suddenly appear, or has he always had it? Is it exacerbated by having an heroic son?

Well, he's back home now. On some meds, not sure what yet. I was able to reassure him that there's no medical evidence to say long haul flights are more dangerous to him, and he poses no greater risk on a flight than any other passenger (as long as he's taking his meds). Apparently he can drive if he goes 1yr without a seizure (as long as he's taking his meds).

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's a highly-charged discussion in today's world that I refuse to to get involved in. As I said elsewhere, my sister is trans and elects to campaign openly and very publicly about her views. Her views are not the popular view and as a result she is subjected to death threats on a regular basis. 

That's just shameful, but kudos to your sister for remaining visible despite it. That's the sort of bravery it will take for normalisation. And they are definitely winning on that front, IMO.

Anyway I just thought it was worth throwing the article up given the drama the other day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

That's just shameful, but kudos to your sister for remaining visible despite it. That's the sort of bravery it will take for normalisation. And they are definitely winning on that front, IMO.

Anyway I just thought it was worth throwing the article up given the drama the other day.

Just to expand, my sister's opinion is that trans women are men which is completely at odds with what most in the trans community campaign for and subsequently, she's received the death threats. I elect not to get involved or offer an opinion. My surname isn't that common so when she crops up on the major news / debate / documentary programs she's been involved in, people invariably ask me if I'm related. 

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

Just to expand, my sister's opinion is that trans women are men which is completely at odds with what most in the trans community campaign for and subsequently, she's received the death threats. I elect not to get involved or offer an opinion. My surname isn't that common so when she crops up on the major news / debate / documentary programs she's been involved in, people invariably ask me if I'm related. 

Ah ok, I assumed the other way. Fair enough though - as I say, only included the article as a follow up. The discourse is obviously still evolving.

Had the misfortune of bumping into some kind of catch-all "the vaccine is poison / Covid is a hoax / people are sheep / revolutionary change is coming because [unspecified reasons involving free thinking]" demo at Monument this afternoon. Does this happen often now? The atmosphere around it seemed a lot more chilled out than I'd expect given you had people with megaphones spouting hate in the middle of town on a busy sunny day, so have people just got used to ignoring them until they go away? :lol:

• Like 1