General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

You’ve all heard about this cunt, the dude under carpark in Leicester with the hump, war of the roses, princes in the tower, that interminable  fuckin yam yam playright etc etc… turns out Danny Dyer wasn’t alone, it’s strongly suggested suggested here there’s not many folk who aren’t descended from him :lol: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_III_of_England

https://www.waterstones.com/blog/family-fortunes-adam-rutherford-on-how-were-all-related-to-royalty

Not me like, too much Scots and Irish blood in me but for all you proper English types your lucks in…

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

You’ve all heard about this cunt, the dude under carpark in Leicester with the hump, war of the roses, princes in the tower, that interminable  fuckin yam yam playrijght etc etc… turns out Danny Dyer wasn’t alone, it’s strongly suggested suggested here there’s not many folk who aren’t descended from him :lol: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_III_of_England

https://www.waterstones.com/blog/family-fortunes-adam-rutherford-on-how-were-all-related-to-royalty

Not me like, too much Scots and Irish blood in me but for all you proper English types your lucks in…

I can promise you, I'll not have any royal genes. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Just about everybody’s related to everybody if you’re going back as far as Danny Dyer had to. 

Didn't they do Christopher Ecclestone a few years ago and decided to not show the programme as they were all working class with no massive skeletons or major tragedies etc? That or he didn't cry for the TV cameras? :lol: He wasn't amused. 

• Haha 3

Had my bank cleared out today and was left with £14. Took a few hours to sort it and most of that was just getting through to a human to talk to. It's fucking bizarre as most of any online payments are always done with a credit card in case of shit like this and we never click on daft links and laugh at telephone scams. I was just about finishing a painting job so it I'm trying to go back and forth with the missus on the phone to these and not letting the brush dry out. Anyway, THE FUCKING CUNTS! 

Angry Comedy Bang Bang GIF

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Didn't they do Christopher Ecclestone a few years ago and decided to not show the programme as they were all working class with no massive skeletons or major tragedies etc? That or he didn't cry for the TV cameras? :lol: He wasn't amused. 

I thought it was Michael Parkinson. Turned about to be a boring cunt descended from boring cunts.

PL, are.you doing history at the Open University or summat? 

Had my bank cleared out today and was left with £14. Took a few hours to sort it and most of that was just getting through to a human to talk to. It's fucking bizarre as most of any online payments are always done with a credit card in case of shit like this and we never click on daft links and laugh at telephone scams. I was just about finishing a painting job so it I'm trying to go back and forth with the missus on the phone to these and not letting the brush dry out. Anyway, THE FUCKING CUNTS! 

Angry Comedy Bang Bang GIF

Someone did a scam from my credit card around Xmas. Got the money refunded and a new number, new card. The cards not been used and left in a draw. Just been scammed again (declined cos it went over my credit limit). No idea how this could have happened. Thing is mum has money in all sorts of places.and probably would never realise if she was scammed, it's canny worrying. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Renton said:

Someone did a scam from my credit card around Xmas. Got the money refunded and a new number, new card. The cards not been used and left in a draw. Just been scammed again (declined cos it went over my credit limit). No idea how this could have happened. Thing is mum has money in all sorts of places.and probably would never realise if she was scammed, it's canny worrying. 

*loud whisper* THE SCAMMER IS INSIDE THE HOUSE! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Well, least they left you enough to get some cans.

You better believe it. :good:

At todays murderous prices you’ll be paying £14.90 for 8 Ace. Might be a bit short. 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Just about everybody’s related to everybody if you’re going back as far as Danny Dyer had to. 

Apparently so, but my mind just can’t compute that….

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I thought it was Michael Parkinson. Turned about to be a boring cunt descended from boring cunts.

PL, are.you doing history at the Open University or summat? 

No but I’m going to be doing something…probably an access to higher education thing…might do A level Maths & the engineering access  course because I passed the adult version of GCSE maths earlier this year, which may not sound like much but I could barely count at school so I will admit to being chufffed as fuck with it :)  I fancy doing English too (A at O Grade, O level in England :good: ) but I think it would be too much with a full time job…Love history, just about everything I read is about someone dead  and I do realise I bang on about it a lot on here, but I think it would bore me if I had to do some subject or period I had no real interest in….

• Like 6

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

No but I’m going to be doing something…probably an access to higher education thing…might do A level Maths & the engineering access  course because I passed the adult version of GCSE maths earlier this year, which may not sound like much but I could barely count at school so I will admit to being chufffed as fuck with it :)  I fancy doing English too (A at O Grade, O level in England :good: ) but I think it would be too much with a full time job…Love history, just about everything I read is about someone dead  and I do realise I bang on about it a lot on here, but I think it would bore me if I had to do some subject or period I had no real interest in….

Get yourself a metal detector and go and dig some history up.

Loads of it buried down your way. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I very much like posts about history. I'd recommend continued education outside of a job as long as its something you're passionate about, so its a pleasure and not a chore. I loved my distance learning MSc. Was talking to my cousin yesterday, who is planning on doing an OU degree in a subject he likes and plus could be a gateway for a good job. Because he's in Scotland, and on relatively low pay, he might get it for free. That's a no brainer. Fees would apply here though so not so clear cut maybe.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

You can target particular aspects of history fairly well if you approach it at a high enough level so maybe save it for later when you can be more selective? I did Chinese history as part of my degree and I found it fascinating because I genuinely knew nothing about it - but otherwise, when you're covering familiar territory, it can be a bit dry.

Fully admire your desire here though, it's making me think I should be more proactive about my ongoing education myself. Good luck with whatever you take forward.

• Like 1

I love history and am a a big reader of it but there's zero chance of doing any kind of courses for multiple reasons! Good luck if you can pull it off, Rob :good:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I love history and am a a big reader of it but there's zero chance of doing any kind of courses for multiple reasons! Good luck if you can pull it off, Rob :good:

Do you listen to podcasts?  Dan Snow does a great one The History Hit.

• Like 2

There’s open access to a lot of university coursework, mainly US ones, which might be something both @PaddockLadand @Howmanheyman might find useful? 

With a bit of digging you could find something to scratch the learning itch  without shagging the wallet. 

I’m bang in to my history, particularly medieval and pre-medieval Britain, and love reading about new theories/discoveries 

If you tell me what period/topic of history you’re interested in I’ll see if I can find any links and hoy them up later. 

… or you could buy a bucket and spade and dig up rusty spoons

:CT:

• Haha 6

'No Mow May' 

Do any of you lot have to put up with this utter nonsense or is exclusively south of England bullshit?

"lock up your lawnmowers, let the wildflowers grow & help protect the British wildlife."

Otherwise known as 'create hazards at road junctions, increase the risk of lyme disease via tick bites and leave the area looking a trampy mess'. I live on the doorstep of thousands upon thousands of acres of natural British countryside where flora and fauna naturally thrive. 

Nothing more than a cost-cutting propaganda exercise to reduce the annual verge maintenance bill by 1/12th, meanwhile my council tax bill has increase by 5% for the second year in succession.

• Jaysus... 1

I imagine that's fantastic for hay fever sufferers too. No, none of that bull shit here yet but I can see it catching on because of the money saving angle.