General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Haven't heard of it, but most months are no-mow months here, if only through sheer laziness. :lol: I quite like letting things grow a bit wild, but I grow plenty of lavender and other pollinator-friendly stuff anyway so I'm not going to feel guilty about brutalising my lawn every now and then. :naughty: Even in May.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Finbarr Saunders is loving these last few posts. 

I've heard you like a tidy lawn and trim it weekly? Meenzer likes lavender and Alex is happy to for his garden to grow bushy from what I can make out. 

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

I imagine that's fantastic for hay fever sufferers too. No, none of that bull shit here yet but I can see it catching on because of the money saving angle. 

2nd year they've done it here. I'm not kidding the verge grass was over 2 feet tall by the end of the month. And as I said we've had a 5% increase in council tax over both years. 

Just been to cast my vote and the Tory Councillor who promoted the 'No Mow May' bollocks on the local Facebook group was sat outside the polling station and threw me her best resting bitch face. She knows clearly who I am and that I don't subscribe to any of her Tory bullshit. Suffice to say she didn't bother to ask me which way I'd voted, unlike everyone else who was coming out of there :lol:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, strawb said:

Is it about your garden rather than council owned land? The council cut our grass yesterday

Everything mate. The roundabouts and approaches to them last year were a fucking mess and dangerous. Still, so long as the bees are happy.... 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've heard you like a tidy lawn and trim it weekly? Meenzer likes lavender and Alex is happy to for his garden to grow bushy from what I can make out. 

We should have Untrimmed Fannyuary next new year, a Festival of Funk. :lol:

Not sure if it’ll help the bees but there’s a honeypot pun in there fighting to get out. 

• Haha 3

[\serious]

9 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

dcb0289557ccfea6dda48291213bc72de3c6f823.thumb.jpeg.5e9e92860d92f406c5797780e2373152.jpeg1d8ba6bdd9891ffa6ccd719434edd1c78560d57f.thumb.jpeg.be4bd14f47dfbbf179489632867177a5.jpeg8e9b49581cad5a7c0ecabc461dea72d7febd27e5.jpeg.cc34fa8c5860fc38ae342b0c6bdf63fc.jpeg

I suspect the dramatic fall in winged insects, very worrying as it is (heard this week it is down 60% in last 25 years), is more down to agriculture than cutting lawns and verges with a lawn mower, since iirc only 5% of the UK is urban or suburban. Good way of making people feeling guilty for having a usable garden though (plastic lawns are generally a shit idea mind). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Well I can’t speak for the other two but mine would rarely get cut if my dad didn’t get so annoyed at the state of it that he ended up doing it 

I’m turning into an auld fella like but I’m getting bang into my gardening. It was a disaster when we bought this house, including an old outhouse/coal shed/laundry thing that we knocked down. Then it was a quagmire during the extension.

We have lawned (real grass) planted borders/planters and even a tree. 

I’ve been watching YouTube’s from some fat norn iron cunt on how to get my lawn right and I’ve got it all planned out for the autumn, like a retiree. It’s mint.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, strawb said:

I’m turning into an auld fella like but I’m getting bang into my gardening. It was a disaster when we bought this house, including an old outhouse/coal shed/laundry thing that we knocked down. Then it was a quagmire during the extension.

We have lawned (real grass) planted borders/planters and even a tree. 

I’ve been watching YouTube’s from some fat norn iron cunt on how to get my lawn right and I’ve got it all planned out for the autumn, like a retiree. It’s mint.

Yeah, last time I checked you could have a garden with a lawn and other plants as well. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah, last time I checked you could have a garden with a lawn and other plants as well. 

Exactly, our lass is bang into bees at the moment, so I have to make one of the borders into a “wild garden” for them.

Not quite sure how I stop that border becoming the entire garden mind, but it’s part of the fun

• Like 1

Fucking hell lads. Craig's initial post reads like a Jeremy Clarkson op-ed in the Mail, and then I've staggered through the page and a half that followed clawing at my eyeballs. 

What have we (by which I mean you) become?! 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Fucking hell lads. Craig's initial post reads like a Jeremy Clarkson op-ed in the Mail, and then I've staggered through the page and a half that followed clawing at my eyeballs. 

What have we (by which I mean you) become?! 

We are the forefront. Join the crowd!

My garden is paved and gravelled as of 2020. Front and back. Raised beds, built expertly with my own hand, provide greenery for your precious fucking bees and a giant cat litter tray for my cheeky fucking cats. 

Last night I was in the pub discussing getting a robot lawnmower, this morning those Cunts at Facebook are trying to shill me one. 

Jokes on them though as I have a bijou, grassless yard.

• Haha 2