General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

17 hours ago, Craig said:

'No Mow May' 

Do any of you lot have to put up with this utter nonsense or is exclusively south of England bullshit?

"lock up your lawnmowers, let the wildflowers grow & help protect the British wildlife."

Otherwise known as 'create hazards at road junctions, increase the risk of lyme disease via tick bites and leave the area looking a trampy mess'. I live on the doorstep of thousands upon thousands of acres of natural British countryside where flora and fauna naturally thrive. 

Nothing more than a cost-cutting propaganda exercise to reduce the annual verge maintenance bill by 1/12th, meanwhile my council tax bill has increase by 5% for the second year in succession.

Its TORY CUNTS.  Let's allow pesticides for TORY VOTING FARMER CUNTS to use, BUT OH YOU. WHY AREN'T YOU IN YOUR FLAT USING A PLANTER TO HELP BEES!

Anyways.  Last year on a dual carriageway ring road around the edge of Leeds they allowed the central reservation grass to grow.  Apparently as part of this increased bio-diversity stuff.  I get that for stuff that isn't going to cause a risk.  But the dual carriageway has a speed limit of 70mph and has crossing points.  Once the grass grew you couldn't fucking see the crossing points as a driver and as a pedestrian you couldn't see the fucking cars!  Like you say Craig, it's all about cost cutting. 

Master T has to go to Crown Court as a witness on Tuesday can anyone recommend somewhere very nearby thats wheelchair friendly so  myself & Mrs T can get a coffee & maybe a bacon  sandwich or something. It doesn't have to be anything to fancy. Any advice  would be appreciated, thanks in advance... Trooper 

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

Master T has to go to Crown Court as a witness on Tuesday can anyone recommend somewhere very nearby thats wheelchair friendly so  myself & Mrs T can get a coffee & maybe a bacon  sandwich or something. It doesn't have to be anything to fancy. Any advice  would be appreciated, thanks in advance... Trooper 

Used to be one inside the Court building and just over the side road but I am 20+ years out of date 😉 

14 minutes ago, trooper said:

4BA479C9-F0DE-4CEE-BFEC-0EA24B0DC1E9.png

On 04/05/2022 at 20:03, Alex said:

Just about everybody’s related to everybody if you’re going back as far as Danny Dyer had to. 

Getting strong vibes of

'The defence used by a Mackem on Jeremy Kyle"

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Its TORY CUNTS.  Let's allow pesticides for TORY VOTING FARMER CUNTS to use, BUT OH YOU. WHY AREN'T YOU IN YOUR FLAT USING A PLANTER TO HELP BEES!

Anyways.  Last year on a dual carriageway ring road around the edge of Leeds they allowed the central reservation grass to grow.  Apparently as part of this increased bio-diversity stuff.  I get that for stuff that isn't going to cause a risk.  But the dual carriageway has a speed limit of 70mph and has crossing points.  Once the grass grew you couldn't fucking see the crossing points as a driver and as a pedestrian you couldn't see the fucking cars!  Like you say Craig, it's all about cost cutting. 

Just as an alternative point, far too many people are getting astroturf and getting rid of plants in favour of 'outdoor living spaces' in the gardens and that is fucking pollenating insects, nesting birds etc. 

Letting your lawn grow out for a month is a good thing for the local ecology.

• Like 3

My issue isn't what people are doing in their own back gardens, Dave. I agree with you about astroturf. 

Its the program of verge maintenance works that the local council don't bother with and they cite 'No Mow May' as the reason why.

38 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Just as an alternative point, far too many people are getting astroturf and getting rid of plants in favour of 'outdoor living spaces' in the gardens and that is fucking pollenating insects, nesting birds etc. 

Letting your lawn grow out for a month is a good thing for the local ecology.

Totally agree.  But The Tories have now allowed the pesticides that kill bees back.  Far more of that will do damage to the ecology than astroturf.

Like Craig said maintenance is fucking non existent now in this country. 

1 hour ago, trooper said:

The Head of Steam ( used to be Baltic Tavern) on Broad Chare, right next to the Courts. 

Does coffee, food and snacks, and beer.