General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Does anyone still use their phone land line? 

I had a pre-assessment for my cataract surgery last week but I overlooked the part in the letter that said don't drive to the appointment so they couldn't do one of the tests and they promised to fit me in quite quickly to do the outstanding test but I got a letter today with an appointment in 8 weeks time. I phoned to complain and they told me they'd rung me several times before last week to go over the details and would have emphasised the driving thing but they used my home number which goes to ansaphone and I never check it - I didn't even tell them it so they must have looked it up. 

They claim they tried my mobile but there's nothing in the call history. 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Does anyone still use their phone land line? 

I had a pre-assessment for my cataract surgery last week but I overlooked the part in the letter that said don't drive to the appointment so they couldn't do one of the tests and they promised to fit me in quite quickly to do the outstanding test but I got a letter today with an appointment in 8 weeks time. I phoned to complain and they told me they'd rung me several times before last week to go over the details and would have emphasised the driving thing but they used my home number which goes to ansaphone and I never check it - I didn't even tell them it so they must have looked it up. 

They claim they tried my mobile but there's nothing in the call history. 

They probably had your landline number in a historical record. Yes, I have one, rarely use it though. Interesting they claim to have phoned your mobile and there was no record in your log. Exact same thing happened to me when my GP "phoned" 2 weeks ago. I presumed he was lying. The GP text messages got through okay though. 

They rang my land-line again earlier (made me realise the units need new batteries as it cut out straight away) then rang my mobile straight after with no bother - appointment next Thursday so all good in the end. 

• Like 1

Was making small talk with the builder (yes I was ramping up my Geordie accent to sound like a more approachable and honest, hardworking, bloody bloke, why do you ask?). He says his next job is basically sorting out a house making repairs and stuff. The owner had rented this £700k house out to a mid twenties Vietnamese lass who was dead friendly, when she moved in she popped around the neighbours with cakes and shit to introduce herself.

Fast forward a few months and the police are raiding the house after the neighbour tipped them off that it had been turned into a marijuana farm :lol: Gone was the nice young lady, instead two indentured servants (one a 15yr old kid) were looking after a three storey semi-detached kush farm. Half arsed modifications had been made like knocking through into the chimney to use as a vent (even thought he thing was capped), wiring and lighting rigs taped or clipped precariously to the now exposed beams.

The question I've got is; why in the fuck would you choose to have a marijuana farm in a quiet, fairly well to do area? With loads of nosey neighbours, when the Cheshire countryside is filled with houses in the middle of nowhere.

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Was making small talk with the builder (yes I was ramping up my Geordie accent to sound like a more approachable and honest, hardworking, bloody bloke, why do you ask?). He says his next job is basically sorting out a house making repairs and stuff. The owner had rented this £700k house out to a mid twenties Vietnamese lass who was dead friendly, when she moved in she popped around the neighbours with cakes and shit to introduce herself.

Fast forward a few months and the police are raiding the house after the neighbour tipped them off that it had been turned into a marijuana farm :lol: Gone was the nice young lady, instead two indentured servants (one a 15yr old kid) were looking after a three storey semi-detached kush farm. Half arsed modifications had been made like knocking through into the chimney to use as a vent (even thought he thing was capped), wiring and lighting rigs taped or clipped precariously to the now exposed beams.

The question I've got is; why in the fuck would you choose to have a marijuana farm in a quiet, fairly well to do area? With loads of nosey neighbours, when the Cheshire countryside is filled with houses in the middle of nowhere.

Because that's where it's least expected Dave.

Knowledge Sixways GIF by Worcester Warriors

• Haha 4

The number of accidents with Rebekah Vardy's evidence is class :lol:

- R. Vardy's agent is too unwell to appear in court

- R. Vardy's agent accidentally dropped her phone in the North Sea

- R.Vardy's IT expert lost the password to the backup he had of her whatsapp messages

- When shown a workaround the WhatsApp backup was corrupted

- R.Vardy's agent deleted her Twitter account

- R.Vardy threw away her laptop with messages saved on it

- Jamie Vardy's WhatsApp was hacked and all his messages deleted 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

55 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Have you checked what the XLoc was?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Have you checked what the XLoc was?

It was right up your snarky arsehole!

• Haha 4