General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I particularly like that the guy was called a 'bald cunt' but that being called a cunt didnt bother him anywhere near as much as being called bald :lol: I mean, fair enough to him for going to court over it I guess but they've drawn a direct equivalence between that and talking about a woman's tits which.. implies that the top of men's heads are as relevant, sexually speaking, as breasts? :D 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I particularly like that the guy was called a 'bald cunt' but that being called a cunt didnt bother him anywhere near as much as being called bald :lol: I mean, fair enough to him for going to court over it I guess but they've drawn a direct equivalence between that and talking about a woman's tits which.. implies that the top of men's heads are as relevant, sexually speaking, as breasts? :D 

No implication Rayvin, it's fact.

• Haha 2

When I was a kid my best mates eldest brother joined the army, and when he came back from a posting in Germany it was with a shaved head , with a nipple tattooed right on top :lol:

His mother went ballistic and wouldn’t allow him outside until he’d grown some hair to hide it ( didn’t happen :lol:

What I’ve always been curious about is what he did later- both his grandfathers and his dad were bald, and even a cover up would leave you with a very obvious tat on the top of your head. 

I’ve not seen him in decades so have no idea what he did, but I know he was regretting it within the week of coming home.  

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I particularly like that the guy was called a 'bald cunt' but that being called a cunt didnt bother him anywhere near as much as being called bald :lol: 

Reminds me of the scene in The Gentlemen where he gets called a 'black cunt' and Colin Farrell replies "well to be fair, you are black and you are a cunt."

A white supremacist has shot 10 people in Buffalo. The media arent calling it terror related. Why? Because he's fucking white. They use quote marks over white supremacist despite the guy calling himself that and fucking streaming it.  We live in a fucked up world at times. 

• Like 5

He is at pains to describe himself as sane in his manifesto, and calls himself a terrorist. So if even the guy himself is doing that, it does rather amaze me that the media aren't.

He's a believer in Tucker Carlson's White replacement theory anyway, seems to be his primary motivation.

• Jaysus... 1

This shooting in the US is another example of a killer who was able to buy a gun, because the checks came back ok, was not on any the authorities’ lists and yet there was an avalanche of online hate. I don’t know how you go about governing this sort of thing but the present systems in place are clearly not fit for purpose. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

This shooting in the US is another example of a killer who was able to buy a gun, because the checks came back ok, was not on any the authorities’ lists and yet there was an avalanche of online hate. I don’t know how you go about governing this sort of thing but the present systems in place are clearly not fit for purpose. 

I don't know how you go about governing this sort of thing in a society that permits gun ownership, but I can think of one key alteration to their framework that would very quickly reduce the number of shootings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't know how you go about governing this sort of thing in a society that permits gun ownership, but I can think of one key alteration to their framework that would very quickly reduce the number of shootings.

I know, but that’s not going to happen. But you could say the same about the one in NZ too. I totally agree with you about the US, in theory at least. 

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

I know, but that’s not going to happen. But you could say the same about the one in NZ too. I totally agree with you about the US, in theory at least. 

I read his manifesto and I don't think we can just call him a white supremacist nutjob and be done with it. It's fairly insane stuff, but it doesn't read as if it was written by a madman. Just someone whose entire perspective has been warped. He's acting out of a genuine fear he has, and the idea that he somehow needs to protect other white people. Honestly, he's pretty much an Islamic terrorist but for white people - but this has happened because of a total failure to control the information that is being consumed by people, alongside the dilution of the shared frame of reference that western society needs in order to function. This is part of the mess that the Le Tissiers and Farages and Cummings' create when they tell us not to trust our institutions or experts. He claims not to hate anyone, he's just convinced that his culture is being destroyed by stealth.

I'll also add that he's another one of these deeply confused individuals who doesn't seem to believe in left and right. He's an anti-capitalist, pro-green, anti-free market, former communist, white supremacist, who believes globalisation is hurting his cause for the sake of profit. He says he's both left and right but predominantly a populist. Populism may soon cease to be something that we categorise as left or right, and become a problem entirely in its own right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingKev1984 said:

Should the bible or Quran be banned because it can cause extremism?

btw interesting that “bible” isn’t automatically capitalised but “Quran” is…. :panic:

quran, see not automatically capitalised. what software are you using?

• Haha 1

I’m on an iPhone. Let’s see…

Bible.
Quran. 

Is the bible automatically capitalised?

Is the quran automatically capitalised? 

So, both are capitalised at the start of a sentence but not if used mid-sentence. 

Have you got the Angry Gammon widget installed? 

• Haha 4