General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I cycled over to Haworth yesterday.  It was fucking RAMMED.  Then we noticed people were dressed up like the 40s, then it clicked, it was a fucking 40s weekend.  A Lancaster flew over which was pretty cool.  But fuck me.  Why do we hark on about being under the threat of being bombed and at war?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I cycled over to Haworth yesterday.  It was fucking RAMMED.  Then we noticed people were dressed up like the 40s, then it clicked, it was a fucking 40s weekend.  A Lancaster flew over which was pretty cool.  But fuck me.  Why do we hark on about being under the threat of being bombed and at war?

It's becoming a fetish, now. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Proof that not ALL of them deserve the Greatest Generation moniker. 

Prefer Meezner's suggestion.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Proof that not ALL of them deserve the Greatest Generation moniker. 

Meanwhile more of 'her subjects' are using foodbanks than ever and she used our money to cover up a peado. Why the fuck are people blind to this? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's becoming a fetish, now. 

Probably the only time working class were getting fucked at home and abroad so there was a feeling of solidarity 

• Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Probably the only time working class were getting fucked at home and abroad so there was a feeling of solidarity 

'Was' maybe if you were around at the time? It's like the people of 1910 going around dressed up as Wellington or Nelson or going on about cannons and sailing ships ad nauseam. It's getting fucking bizarre being nostalgic for something you never experienced and most people who actually did experience it didn't have rose tinted glasses and are almost all long dead. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

'Was' maybe if you were around at the time? It's like the people of 1910 going around dressed up as Wellington or Nelson or going on about cannons and sailing ships ad nauseam. It's getting fucking bizarre being nostalgic for something you never experienced and most people who actually did experience it didn't have rose tinted glasses and are almost all long dead. 

Nailed it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

<applause> :good:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I could get it an extent if it was an exciting period of change, like the 50s or 60s. Not my cup of char but I could understand it. The 40s must’ve been absolutely shite though :lol: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I always think 50s America would have been a canny time/place to be alive. 40s Britain can fuck off though. As can 2020s Britain. 

Season 2 Intro GIF by Paramount+

• Haha 7