General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I wouldn't know how to get the probe into the tank. I'd be holding it on the side of the tank like a stethoscope. :lol:

Cheers though, next time I've got a British Gas dude out I'll ask him where I would put that shit. 

This is the absolute bullshit that I'm looking at in the cupboard. Plus two other little tanks that sit outside of it. 

image.thumb.png.e3f0998f69837bc6ab6aeabbf7d2081d.png

The pipe that goes in the top is your HW pipe that feeds the outlets throughout your house, just move any insulation back and place the probe against the bare copper just above the point where it terminates into the tank. Don’t take the temp on any brass pipe fittings :good:

B5A432C8-14CE-4AFF-A109-F0E44037CC84.jpeg

Chinese rocket falling out the sky in a few hours. Thetre not quite sure were its coming down although the UK & Europe should be ok. Here's the live satellite tracker if anyones interested 

• Like 1

Just renewed my passport as it was expiring in October and it arrived today - only took a week so not sure about the horror stories in the press - maybe if there's a glitch it all goes tits up. 

And they're definitely black not blue. 

Edited by NJS
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NJS said:

Just renewed my passport as it was expiring in October and it arrived today - only took a week so not sure about the horror stories in the press - maybe if there's a glitch it all goes tits up. 

And they're definitely black not blue. 

Just in time for your passport to be worth much less than it used to:

Also, if Brits think that passport queues are bad now then wait until the EU soon implements its plan to fingerprint and take biometric data from every traveller from a third country.

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Are you entitled to one through your old man to be sure to be sure you jammy sod? 😆

No, through the old girl, so it is. (Pointless if wor lass can't get one though). 😞

So, coming off fixed gas/elec tariff, was paying £138/month and am £200 in credit, new "lowest tariff" payment will be £259/month. To fix again they want £535.

Oh and as for standing charge, back in my Northern Gas/British Gas/Centrica days (I did 18 years many moons ago) the standing charge was what you paid towards the maintenance cost of the network/meter etc. How the fuck does the fact that the gas/elec is more expensive mean the standing charge has to go up as well, does more expensive gas/elec need more careful handling, do the pipes have to insulated in velvet and soldered with gold, it's bollocks and it's a scam.

This will kill people, all whilst profits quadruple and current employees are subject to fire and re-hire.

7 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

On a lighter note, something just died in me reading this and realising that Johnnie Walker master Distillers wake up at 6am, commute 90 minutes each way and spend most of the day looking at Excel spreadsheets.

https://www.thecut.com/2022/08/how-emma-walker-gets-it-done.html

They’re blenders, not distillers, Shirley 

Parents of mate of the Mrs, lived on Islay and the old fella was friends with several of the local master distillers, he had dozens of bottles of “the angel’s share” as he called it.

• Haha 1