General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I like a bit of marmalade. The Roses Lime / Lemon stuff especially. You can’t get smooth. You either get thick or thin/fine cut. It has bits of peel in or it’s not marmalade 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Alex said:

I like a bit of marmalade. The Roses Lime / Lemon stuff especially. You can’t get smooth. You either get thick or thin/fine cut. It has bits of peel in or it’s not marmalade 

YES. My gran always had Rose's lime marmalade so whenever we stayed over there it was that on toast for breakfast. It's fucking class. Bought some again last year for a trip down memory lane. 

• Like 2

I've got a jam spoon from when I was a kid with a long handle and the Robertson's golliwog saying "Golly it's good" at the end of it. :lol:

My mam was so committed to racism that she collected tokens off the jars and sent away for them. She insists it's a family heirloom - of course my sister has one too. 

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

YES. My gran always had Rose's lime marmalade so whenever we stayed over there it was that on toast for breakfast. It's fucking class. Bought some again last year for a trip down memory lane. 

Having totally forgotten about this stuff, I’ll be picking up a jar the lime gear tonight after graft. 
Same crack- Nana used to feed us with the stuff. 

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Having totally forgotten about this stuff, I’ll be picking up a jar the lime gear tonight after graft. 
Same crack- Nana used to feed us with the stuff. 

The jar and label is basically unchanged from when we were kids as well, which is mint. Last time I got it I think you could only get lemon and lime - I'm sure it was just lime when I was a kid. Although they may do both and this was all they had in store when I got it. 

Anyway, enjoy, its a proper taste of childhood for me. 👍

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've got a jam spoon from when I was a kid with a long handle and the Robertson's golliwog saying "Golly it's good" at the end of it. :lol:

My mam was so committed to racism that she collected tokens off the jars and sent away for them. She insists it's a family heirloom - of course my sister has one too. 

I had a full on golliwog as a Teddy when I was a bairn - couple of years before she died my Mam bought me a new one for my birthday - fuck knows where she got it from. Didn't have the heart to tell her how "wrong" it was.

I think I still have it in a box in my garage - might need it when the tories come to put me in a re-education camp so I can prove I'm not woke. 

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The jar and label is basically unchanged from when we were kids as well, which is mint. Last time I got it I think you could only get lemon and lime - I'm sure it was just lime when I was a kid. Although they may do both and this was all they had in store when I got it. 

Anyway, enjoy, its a proper taste of childhood for me. 👍

Aye, I remember it being lime as a kid. Not sure if it was always lemon and lime though and I just associate it with the Rose’s lime cordial and never realised it had lemon in too. Proper fucking fascinating mystery this like. Pisses all over Wagatha Christie 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, I remember it being lime as a kid. Not sure if it was always lemon and lime though and I just associate it with the Rose’s lime cordial and never realised it had lemon in too. Proper fucking fascinating mystery this like. Pisses all over Wagatha Christie 

778E3D63-BEB0-4366-9B1F-621EAFAD6FCF.thumb.jpeg.0a7431720e72284372b6e1dafc70866d.jpeg2F0BA0A6-2197-4E33-9501-187F62E8E7C0.thumb.jpeg.7080250afd2c4290ca7ebc1d6702111b.jpeg

Hmmmm… curiouser and curiouser. :lol:

Well. Skipped lunch and breakfast today because it was one of those days where the fun never stopped with work. Got to the end of it at 7pm, ordered in a curry, opened up a bottle of red while I wait. Half of one glass down. I'm already fucked :lol:

It never used to be like this...

• Haha 5

I'll fookin rock ya jaw, son.

That used to be a thing people said at school. I always thought there was a brutal poetry to it tbh. This is what you get with drunk Rayvin, inner rage expressed through the language of my beloved city of birth, followed by whimsical analysis.

I bet you're all fucking thrilled.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I can’t finish a 330ml can of beer tonight after drinking an amount of two before this one…. feeling ashamed I’ve opened a bottle of Highland Park :) 

All that really matters is that you enjoyed your beer, and you got your buzz ;) 

Anyone ever get a rocked jaw at school? I missed out on that. I got laid out once by a football kicked full pelt at the side of my head. Went down like a sack of spuds, couldn't stand up again for a few minutes.

Explains a lot, I know.