General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Anyone ever get a rocked jaw at school? I missed out on that. I got laid out once by a football kicked full pelt at the side of my head. Went down like a sack of spuds, couldn't stand up again for a few minutes.

Explains a lot, I know.

I was the one rocking jaws son

• Haha 4

I've hit rock bottom. At leatI hope  I have.  Mentioned before  about my alcohol addiction problems., well now I have surpassed myself. Went on holiday to the Lakes and have been been on an 11 day bender since. Got so bad I have not eaten for 6 days. Now constant vomiting which I can't shift. Bloody. diarrhoea too.

Anyway  referred to an alcohol addiction clinic, but my withdrawals are so severe that tomorrow I am going to check myself in to A and E for inpatient treatment. Stand a good chance of losing my family and job. I'm really messed up. Feel so ashamed. But really want this to be a turning point. Fuck this addiction. Was doing really before or so I thought, with several months completel abstention. Then in the space of 11 days I completely fucked up. Truth be told I feel like killing myself. If my wife doesn't do it for me first. 

Tagging @Meenzer for advice, but think my problem are worse than h.  faced. Ffs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

Renton mate, I'm really sorry to hear that...

Are you in some sort of mental health therapy? Not even for the addiction, but for the root issue? You've had so much shit recently mate that it's no fucking wonder you're struggling.  You need help though, it's not always possible (in fact I think it rarely is) to walk back from this sort of thing alone. It sounds like you're aware of that though which is really important. That awareness alone will mean you can come back from this, just hang in there.

As stupid as it might be for a variety of differently flavoured words on the screen with silly little images next to them to represent 'relationships' with other human beings, we do all love you.

If you ever want to grab a coffee and talk to someone I'll make my way back to Newcastle for it. Make sure you have people around you who are supporting you no matter what else is going on, do not go through it alone.

• Like 6

Renton, I didn’t know how bad things were. Was on a similar destructive path about 5-6 years ago so if you need to sound off, just shout. You’re among mates here, never forget that. Just wish we could do something constructive 

• Like 2

Cheers  mates. Never thought it come to this. I feel like I'm  going to die. Dreading the possible onset of seizures now. Which could actually kill me. All this for less than 2 weeks on the drink. Would love to taper but that's possible now at this time. I have literally drank everything in the house. Oh fuck. 

Is someone with you?

I am in no way an expert in the physical side of this but if you are in serious concern of medical complications here, can you please get yourself to a hospital?

• Like 1

Better safe than sorry but I suppose if your family are there that's something. If you think you need to do it though, I would.

I'm glad you're with people. I am sure they don't hate you, they'll just hate seeing you like this because they love you.

• Like 4

Well done mate. Pretty sure you're doing the right thing.

As I said before, hang in there. Just get to the other side of this and then starting trying to make sense of it. Don't get worked up or stressed about anything other than being ok.

I'll message you privately in the morning although hopefully you'll be asleep by then. You will be ok in the end mate, you will. 

• Like 6

What is it they say? It's always darkest before the dawn...

You've had a bad couple of weeks with the drink, it happens. Now's the time to sort it before it becomes a bigger issue than it needs to be. Alcohol is out of your system in 5 days, that's the first step. Then make things right with your family. Then get yourself into some treatment so it doesn't happen again. 

There's always room in the straight edge army for a new soldier ;) drop me a pm if you ever want to talk about mental health or need some signposting xx

• Like 8

Mate, like SpongeBob says, hang the fuck in there. You’ll feel at rock bottom now but there is a route back from this. The sobriety before now was a massive achievement, even if it doesn’t feel like it at present. You’re a lot stronger than you think

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Renton said:

I've hit rock bottom. At leatI hope  I have.  Mentioned before  about my alcohol addiction problems., well now I have surpassed myself. Went on holiday to the Lakes and have been been on an 11 day bender since. Got so bad I have not eaten for 6 days. Now constant vomiting which I can't shift. Bloody. diarrhoea too.

Anyway  referred to an alcohol addiction clinic, but my withdrawals are so severe that tomorrow I am going to check myself in to A and E for inpatient treatment. Stand a good chance of losing my family and job. I'm really messed up. Feel so ashamed. But really want this to be a turning point. Fuck this addiction. Was doing really before or so I thought, with several months completel abstention. Then in the space of 11 days I completely fucked up. Truth be told I feel like killing myself. If my wife doesn't do it for me first. 

Tagging @Meenzer for advice, but think my problem are worse than h.  faced. Ffs.

Everyone else has already said it but we'll all echo it, Rents. It's no wonder your head has been caked, you've went 'fuck it' and that too is understandable but you know the consequences and you're not pulling the wool over your eyes which is good. Dry out, get that help, let your family help a sober you. They won't hate you. And also keep on here as a dose of TT humour hurts nobody but maybe knock the politics thread on the head for a bit. Take care, Rents. :good:

• Like 5

Hang in there Renton, acknowledging you have the problem is in itself a huge positive and please do not underestimate how much those around you will truly/really care for you no matter how you may feel about it yourself.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Renton said:

I don't think there's anything I could say that these brilliant people haven't said already (or, indeed, that you haven't said yourself). As hard as it is, never be too shy or too proud to ask for help - you need it, and it's shit that life has dealt you such a hand that you do, but it's out there and it will help.

And absolutely keep talking, whether it's to us or family or professionals or peers. Staying as honest as possible with yourself will get you a long way in figuring things out.

Love you mate, hang on in there and keep us posted.

• Like 7

Hang on in there Renton. It may get worse before it gets better but it'll get better.

It's an easy trap to fall into and an very difficult one to get out of so don't blame yourself & work on plotting a path to recovery. If you fuck up every now & then that's normal.

• Like 7