General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Just to say what’s already been said mate- hang on in there, there’s no shame in needing some help, especially after all that’s happened. 
Being aware of your problems is a huge step in addressing them, so take that positive and remember it, when it seems all that you can see are negatives. 
We all hope you get yourself sorted, well and happily sober as soon as you can. 

• Like 7

Hopefully you’re now getting the help you need, Rents. I know this may feel like the worst moment of your life but it is just a blip on a long journey that you’ve already started. It sounds like you had made some progress so try to focus on that as a positive and continue to work on it one day at a time. Your family will understand what you’re going through so I’m sure you haven’t burnt any bridges there and if you need to talk there is absolutely no shortage of people on here who want to help.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Renton said:

I've hit rock bottom. At leatI hope  I have.  Mentioned before  about my alcohol addiction problems., well now I have surpassed myself. Went on holiday to the Lakes and have been been on an 11 day bender since. Got so bad I have not eaten for 6 days. Now constant vomiting which I can't shift. Bloody. diarrhoea too.

Anyway  referred to an alcohol addiction clinic, but my withdrawals are so severe that tomorrow I am going to check myself in to A and E for inpatient treatment. Stand a good chance of losing my family and job. I'm really messed up. Feel so ashamed. But really want this to be a turning point. Fuck this addiction. Was doing really before or so I thought, with several months completel abstention. Then in the space of 11 days I completely fucked up. Truth be told I feel like killing myself. If my wife doesn't do it for me first. 

Tagging @Meenzer for advice, but think my problem are worse than h.  faced. Ffs.

I’m really sorry to hear you’re suffering. Wishing you all the best, I know its a cliche but it really is one day at a time. The people who love you will still love and support you.

• Like 6

I'm in detox now, probably till tomorrow. Had loads of tests but apparently my Iver is somewhat fucked and my kidneys aren't working.properly. Hooked up to all kinds of drugs. I can't see well so apologies to my poor posting skills at the moment. Also head fucked by high dose bezos.

Staff here have been amazing. Just want to get this treatment done before I deal with anything else like work and family. I'm scared and lonely, miss my kids as the wife took them away from me during this episode. Whatever happens, I am determined to stop drinking permanently. Don't have a choice now really.i know it will be hard but I have access to all sorts of community help because of the severity of situation, Oh, I can't post too much because I forgot my chargee.

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm in detox now, probably till tomorrow. Had loads of tests but apparently my Iver is somewhat fucked and my kidneys aren't working.properly. Hooked up to all kinds of drugs. I can't see well so apologies to my poor posting skills at the moment. Also head fucked by high dose bezos.

Staff here have been amazing. Just want to get this treatment done before I deal with anything else like work and family. I'm scared and lonely, miss my kids as the wife took them away from me during this episode. Whatever happens, I am determined to stop drinking permanently. Don't have a choice now really.i know it will be hard but I have access to all sorts of community help because of the severity of situation, Oh, I can't post too much because I forgot my chargee.

It's been said by multiple people but just to reinforce it, we love you man. Glad you're in a safe place, at the very least.

• Like 4

On 05/08/2022 at 23:32, strawb said:

I’ve just started playing playing mate, I’m fucking shit. Hit me up for any help you might need.

Think Ewerk is the resident golfer tbh

I am in the sense that I’ve probably played longer than the rest of you but I’m still turbo shit. Still, a golf thread couldn’t be any worse than the guitar thread.

• Haha 3

An update. I'm still here. Any withdrawals should have stopped by now so it's getting my other physical problems sorted. I'm eating fully, food is okay here. My liver problems are reversible. I think I'll be here at least another night. It's my electrolyte levels now that are most concern and the effect that is having on my heart. 

Seen the alcohol nurse yesterday. Going to get community support including group support. Also been prescribed Camprol. It apparently will change my brain chemistry making it prior to the alcohol phase. And then it will help stop my craving for alcohol. Don't know what else I will be offered. 

What else. Phoned work to tell them I was in hospital. Was vague about the reaon, for now. They were lovely. They just said we will support you in any way to get back to normal and that I was invaluable to the team. The whole area is focused on recruitment and retention now tbh. My wife we'll see. Ultimately she doesn't have much option other than take me in because otherwise I'm on the streets.

My mum has been going around telling everyone who will listen I'm an incurable alcoholic. This includes parents of my children's peers. She has been so unsupportive it's unreal, after everything I have done for her before. Because its my fault, which I guess it is.  Years of support, I have a 1 week breakdown and this is what I get. She can do things herself from now on. 

So I am facing the rest of my life without an alcoholic drink. Knowing the other option, I can do this. Presumably it gets easier over time, a year or so? 

One last thing. Sincere thanks and love ro all you guys on here. It really helped, especially @Rayvin at the very start before I got admitted. And a call out to the staff here at Cramlington. The parademics, the many nurses, porters, radiologists, phlebotomistists, doctors. They all treated me with the upmost dignity and respect, every last one of them. My God, you all deserve a pay rise. 

• Like 12

I obviously don’t know your mam but I suspect a lot of the reasons for the way she’s reacting is because of the other stuff she’s been through recently. It’s not what you need and it’s not what you want now of course. I’m not defending it but try not to take it too personally is all I mean. I hope you can sort things out with her and your wife. Best wishes as ever. Feel free to pm me any time and the offer to go walking is still there once you’re feeling up to it 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I obviously don’t know your mam but I suspect a lot of the reasons for the way she’s reacting is because of the other stuff she’s been through recently. It’s not what you need and it’s not what you want now of course. I’m not defending it but try not to take it too personally is all I mean. I hope you can sort things out with her and your wife. Best wishes as ever. Feel free to pm me any time and the offer to go walking is still there once you’re feeling up to it 

I think that's right actually mate. We both need some time.

• Like 4

Yeah let the dust settle on that one with your Mam, Rents. From experience I've learned parents from that generation appear to be dead against you when I think it's part of their coping mechanism and don't know how to address the issue to hand. 

Great to hear you're on the mend, and that your organs will recover. By opening up you've done the hard part, and now it's about managing the recovery and ongoing lifestyle. Anyone who is truly a mate will fully support you with that and I think it goes without saying that it'll include everyone on here. Your missus in time will be on side. Like with your Mam, it's a huge thing to deal with and takes time to process. 

You're dealing with this really well - even though you don't realise you are. Proud of you mate.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Craig said:

You're dealing with this really well - even though you don't realise you are. Proud of you mate.

Well said from everyone but I second this in particular. One day at a time and just keep going with it.

4 hours ago, Renton said:

What else. Phoned work to tell them I was in hospital. Was vague about the reaon, for now. They were lovely. They just said we will support you in any way to get back to normal and that I was invaluable to the team.

Don't worry, mate. Your colleagues at Brighton Council are picking up the slack.

• Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Kung fu is useless against birds… they need to be using Wing Chun.…

… and there’s only one man to train them. 

FFS :lol: