General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Something is nagging me with guilt.

Last night on the bus home, some pissed chav cunt threw an empty bottle of whiskey out the window from the top deck and it's twatted a car.  The car was slow moving and nobody was hurt.  The driver came upstairs and asked if anyone saw who did it.  Some old fella did and straight told the driver. The driver asked for anyone else and I kept quiet.  I am on the bus most days and basically didn't want to get filled in!

What kind of whiskey were you drinking?

• Haha 6

NHS staff get their pay rise this month, back paid to April. I expected it to be roughly £80-100pm, with a £5-600 lump sum in a back dated payment. 

Got an email today to tell me that it bumps me into the next pension bracket so I'll actually have £35pm less take home pay. And I owe them 6 months of that/£210. FML

Edited by Kid Dynamite

46 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

NHS staff get their pay rise this month, back paid to April. I expected it to be roughly

£80-100pm, with a £5-600 lump sum in a back dated payment. 

Got an email today to tell me that it bumps me into the next pension bracket so I'll actually have £35pm less take home pay. And I owe them 6 months of that/£210. FML

Fucking hell, that's bullshit. 

Aye, if you're on 8A the pay rise is a pay cut. The whole thing is bullshit. The incremental between 7 and bottom of 8A is tiny and it takes 5 years to get to the top of 8A. Meanwhile you've got a shit ton more responsibilities. The pension is constantly being downgraded too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Aye, if you're on 8A the pay rise is a pay cut. The whole thing is bullshit. The incremental between 7 and bottom of 8A is tiny and it takes 5 years to get to the top of 8A. Meanwhile you've got a shit ton more responsibilities. The pension is constantly being downgraded too. 

Im on an 8B but my lease car knocks a chunk off so dropped me into the pension bracket below.

Need to choose between just swallowing the extra pension contribution (and hoping I see it when I'm 68) or adding more salary sacrifice shit to my wage to drop pension brackets again 

Horrible stuff. (Replying to the story about the AFL a few pages back.)  

I have no comment about the kid's retirement living or whatever. I dunno. I'm not a so-called accountant like half of this board.

Edited by toonotl

59 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm off to Keswick later and it actually looks like it should be relatively good weather all weekend. The sun shines on the righteous. 

Me granny used to say that. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2022 at 15:08, The Fish said:

Got a new revised bill from the water company after they'd sent a bloke around to take a reading from the meter under the footpath.

Going from about £50 to c£110 a month. They reckon I'm using, on average 978 litres a day.

I find fault with this.

Turns out the bloke is a big old fucking liar. Apparently the company have notifications on their system saying that the meter has been tarmacked over and they can't get an accurate reading, on any of their 4 separate visits. Subsequent to those 4 visits good old Peter Pantsonfire comes round and just straight up conjures a meter reading out of the clear blue sky. 

You'd think after the first one found some tarmac over the meter they'd stop sending people until they dug up/repositioned the meter, but they didn't and that's their problem.

Bill is capped at original rate until the issue is resolved. Issue is being brought up with Meter Reader and additional training may be required. My suggestion that maybe a little QA could be applied to bills when they're so high has been gratefully taken on board. It's dead fucking simple, if the meter is showing an amount that veers wildly above/below the average send it to someone's workflow instead of automatically issuing a letter. If I wasn't such a gobshite, I might have just meekly accepted the cost of living crisis is affecting everything and forked out £110pm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm off to Keswick later and it actually looks like it should be relatively good weather all weekend. The sun shines on the righteous. 

Awesome place. Had a great weekend.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

Turns out the bloke is a big old fucking liar. Apparently the company have notifications on their system saying that the meter has been tarmacked over and they can't get an accurate reading, on any of their 4 separate visits. Subsequent to those 4 visits good old Peter Pantsonfire comes round and just straight up conjures a meter reading out of the clear blue sky. 

You'd think after the first one found some tarmac over the meter they'd stop sending people until they dug up/repositioned the meter, but they didn't and that's their problem.

Bill is capped at original rate until the issue is resolved. Issue is being brought up with Meter Reader and additional training may be required. My suggestion that maybe a little QA could be applied to bills when they're so high has been gratefully taken on board. It's dead fucking simple, if the meter is showing an amount that veers wildly above/below the average send it to someone's workflow instead of automatically issuing a letter. If I wasn't such a gobshite, I might have just meekly accepted the cost of living crisis is affecting everything and forked out £110pm.

Still, whatever you’ve lost in water bills will be small change compared to what you get for the movie rights to this enthralling saga.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

20220924_130517_compress32.thumb.jpg.913a5e5b79d28df08e08a0f3dd6f6ba4.jpg

Weather has sorted its shit out. 

Are you going to some hillwalking whilst the weather is nice or what? I recommend a round trip of Derwent water via Catbells (pictured) and Lodore. Come back with some summit views.